2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Warding - a request, Oh the irony
Satarel
post Apr 23 2005, 05:30 AM
Post #1

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

Yes, it's somewhat amusing that I'm asking for help - but does anyone know how to set up anti-spirit wards?

I have a twofold problem. Firstly, I have a whole load of "othersiders" who are attempting to get my attention (for some indecypherable reason), and I'd rather like them not to enter my room, and secondly, I need to be able to set up wards without arousing the suspicion of my parents.

So, here's my request:
Does anyone know how to set up strong physical wards, without them being too obvious? They'd need to be broad enough to block out everything of a non-physical origin.

--------------------
IPB Image

The value of an individual is not numerically assignable. Given the individual's infinite capacity to affect change (for better or for worse), it follows that their value is just as infinite. Logically then, not only are all individuals of equal value, but all possible combinations and groupings of individuals are of equal value, and finally, no matter an individual's past actions, their capacity to affect positive change is not diminished.

The value of the individual is sacrosanct, but actions must be directed in an effort to affect positive change.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kiwi Kid
post Apr 23 2005, 07:07 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Just set up a wall of energy, any idea what energies the spirits are composed of? You can change what energy you make the ward out of accordingly. To increase it's strength, if the are "lower entities" you can draw an earth banishing pentagram on it as well. Along iwth that to increase it's strength you can charge it with godnames etc.

--------------------
*~*We have eyes, but do we truly see?*~*

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Apr 23 2005, 08:14 AM
Post #3

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

I've had my room psychicly "cleaned" (which was nice at the time) and I've had it shielded with a basic version of the technique you've described.

Problem is, I'm dealing with an innumerable amount and of no set aspect. Last night, for instance, I had a shade (effectively, a 6ft tall shadow) who'd managed to work up enough power to open doors, I've previously had anything from spectres (as in, a dead person who just stands there looking dead) to just random things that defy any specific naming.

Would be nice though, if they didn't enter my room, which is why I'm asking.

--------------------
IPB Image

The value of an individual is not numerically assignable. Given the individual's infinite capacity to affect change (for better or for worse), it follows that their value is just as infinite. Logically then, not only are all individuals of equal value, but all possible combinations and groupings of individuals are of equal value, and finally, no matter an individual's past actions, their capacity to affect positive change is not diminished.

The value of the individual is sacrosanct, but actions must be directed in an effort to affect positive change.

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Apr 23 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #4

simoniconist
Group Icon

I would suggest using this sigil to ward of spirits: (IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Ashnook/506.jpg)

I would also like to make two points seeing that the spirits are getting past your general shielding.

A.) They are thoughtforms created by your subconcious

OR

B.) They are fairly potent and in some way are trying to comunicate with yu for whatever reason

--------------------

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Apr 24 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

It's definitely not (a) - I have my unconscious well defined and controlled. I'm very leaning towards (b). In fact, that's been my suspicion for a while. They mostly just stand there and look at me meaningfully. Unfortunately, what meaning they are intending to convey sort of gets lost in translation.

Any specific notes on the sigil? Thank you btw.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Uni Reflections
post Apr 24 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

What are sigils anyway?

I mean... when I think of stuff relating to magick... I think symbols and transmution (which is Alchemy... but I'm too much of a scientist to accept it...)

Anything I'm missing...?

This post has been edited by UniOne: Apr 24 2005, 12:35 AM

--------------------
Purple Pill level:

Unification Theorium:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/265334/UnificationTheorem.doc
Uni-Force:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/265334/Uni-Force.doc

But now I am a Lord of the Monestary of Balance, boy have i come far in one year...
http://fraterhabilus.proboards61.com/index.cgi
http://supremeunione.proboards45.com/

The three parts of any magicakl process: Visualization{Imagination} + Intent{Emotion, Willpower, and Desire/Want} + Belief {Self-Trust and Self-Belief}

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Apr 24 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #7

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

A sigil is like a spell condensed into a single symbol. Useful for all sorts of stuff - check the Body, Mind and Spirit board for some good chakra opening ones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Apr 24 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #8

simoniconist
Group Icon

It is the sigil of NARILUGGALDIMMERANKIA. The sight of it SHOULD stop any outside critters from popping in but if they do simply say BANRABISHU and they will leave.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aroura
post Apr 25 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Get some anise seeds and some fennel seeds and put them in the doorjams, Sea salt in the 4 corners... not much just a pinch. Last but not least what I call spiritual bleach... Frankencense and Myrrh burned together (not the incense sticks the actuals herbs are needed) Dont know why it works, just does... Antony claims too many preisthood lifetimes for me, but whatever the case... try it.

Justice

--------------------
All belifs are false choose the ones that work best for you

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Apr 25 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #10

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

Thanks Ashnook.

Justice Angel - sounds interesting... I'll try that as soon as I can get my hands on some sea salt, anise seeds, frankencense and myrrh. They're not all that common in my house unfortunately.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Athena
post May 8 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

This is going to sound way too simple, but it is amazing how well it works. Put salt (can be good old table salt) in water, and sprinkle it around the area that you do not want to be disturbed in. Works wonders! I had one student who had a ghost in their house strong enough to push people down the stairs, and that method (and a couple of other things) got rid of it, also another student of mine had been plauged by a demon their whole life, and the salt worked amazingly well to get it to stay out of certain areas! I use it whenever my dreams get downright wierd lol.
Salt works with etheric entities, however with astral entities, amulets, LBRPs etc. work very well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

bym
post May 8 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #12

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I've found that vinegar and salt water work fairly effectively. Your room may smell like a deli but you'll be having no materializations! The acid in the vinegar damps down physical manifests...the charged salt water Athena describes usually clears the rest. Unless you are under a concerted attack these will help. It may be of note here that you may have ties to House Khepera? Their 'watchdogs' are always sniffing around for fresh meat. Take time to actively construct for yourself a 'safeplace' on the astral where you will not be disturbed. Make this place separate from any astral temple/workroom you have. Also remember, it is far more difficult to psychically attack a person with even some small measure of protection than its worth because they (the attackers) will need to escalate to either many people or send something nasty...which takes alot out of them! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

This post has been edited by Radiant Star: May 9 2005, 03:45 AM

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Satarel
post May 8 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #13

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

House Khepera? No, I don't tangle with any of the major houses. For one, they have little representation where I am (so they're of no use to man or beast), and for another, they tend to be a little too pompous for my tastes.

Just as a side note, there isn't a vampire court in Canberra either - the nearest ones are in Sydney or Melbourne, which are both quite some distance.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

GeNoCyDe
post Jun 3 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zahaqiel @ Apr 23 2005, 06:30 AM)
Yes, it's somewhat amusing that I'm asking for help - but does anyone know how to set up anti-spirit wards?

I have a twofold problem. Firstly, I have a whole load of "othersiders" who are attempting to get my attention (for some indecypherable reason), and I'd rather like them not to enter my room, and secondly, I need to be able to set up wards without arousing the suspicion of my parents.

So, here's my request:
Does anyone know how to set up strong physical wards, without them being too obvious? They'd need to be broad enough to block out everything of a non-physical origin.

Silver coins bathed in salt,obsidian,a circle of salt under your doormat,an arrowhead fixed to oak under a full moon,any old seal of warding drawn with intent in the air.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Psyco888path
post Jul 17 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #15

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'd like to protect my own room because im getting a new one,and i want to feel nice and safe,so i thought of using some of these methods here provided. but i have a question: my friend servitor is mostly hanging out in my room and if i protect it, will he go away??

--------------------
Engaged with destiny my life is yours
but you don't know me
we bleed together
like an ever flowing stream
with souls so black oh so empty!

+Quote Post

Rin
post Jul 17 2005, 04:15 PM
Post #16

Yaoi Fanboy
Group Icon

Print this out and hide it behind posters, paintings, calendars, et cetera.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Rin_Daemoko/Sigils/Sigil-GhostSeal.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

green_pheonix
post Jul 17 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

You could always perform the nordic "hammer of thor" ritual.

Some good old viking offense should put those spirits in their place.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

--------------------
Soldier of light, warlock of nine worlds, child of the crow.

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Jul 18 2005, 05:09 AM
Post #18

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

Being a somewhat inquisitive person, could you explain that sigil to me Rin?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Nita
post Jul 22 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #19

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello Zahaqiel
I find that using bay leaves, marjoram and rosemary will help to keep out ghosts. Cinnamon, cloves or coffee that is scorched and smoking will also be a quick incense that rids the place of thought forms and spirits.
You can also use one of the feng shui fountains that fit upon a table top. You bless the water inside of the fountain, and add a small sprinkle of blessed salt. Only a tiny amount as you do not want to mess up the motor circulating the water. If there are stones in the bottom you would then draw protective symbols for the situation you need protection from or want to protect from happening to you.
You then say a chant, prayer or statement of purpose that the blessed water trap the spirits and as the water circulates they are banished forever.
It gives the room a nice look. Cleanses the energies and keeps people safe and is easy to find and use.
Nita

--------------------
www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Jul 22 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #20

Zelator
Group Icon

One good technique that I've seen work well was one I got from the lleywellyn almanac many years ago. Buy a rock, any rock, of any size, put it on your windowsill. Imagine that from the rock springs a canopy of golden light that surrounds your home and starts on the edges of your property. See that the canopy allows only the wind pass through it and no other noises. Make sure the rock is functioning properly once a twice week for awhile until you feel you've got it down and then check it whenver at your own digression. Note you can actually use any windowsill you want and placing a rock on a windowsill surely won't disturb your parents especially if you present them the rock as a present to liven up a dull looking windowsill. A rock on two or three windowsills is even more effective.

This post has been edited by Bb3: Jul 22 2005, 07:53 PM

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Jul 23 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #21

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

That's a good idea Bb3.

In future, I may just try that one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

PatriotMagick
post Jul 31 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #22

Initiate
Group Icon

What exactly is the House Khepera? Also where can I get more information on creating an astral temple?

Sincerely,

PatriotMagick

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Aug 1 2005, 12:09 AM
Post #23

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(PatriotMagick @ Aug 1 2005, 12:44 PM)
Also where can I get more information on creating an astral temple?

Well covered here: Creating a Magickal Space, By Benjamin Rowe

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Wanderer
post Oct 12 2005, 05:03 PM
Post #24

Neophyte
Group Icon

...this is some grat stuff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hideingbhindcurtian.gif)

-i m also prepearing to protect my room (dont like traffic much)
First i was considering to connect corners forming a protective cube (but that would block some of my own work)
protecting doors , windows and maybe get a guardian -that should be enough for me

Anyone here got their wards or barriers broken by more powerfull entities?

--------------------
...you are just a figment of your imagination...

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Oct 16 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #25

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

What exactly is the House Khepera?

Sorry about the delay - just goes to show that uni's been keeping my mind at bay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

House Khepera (also known as House Amen-Khepera from what I can tell) is a vampire organisation. Large vampire communities tend to form "houses" (the most famous of which, I believe, is House Kephru). A vampire house is useful because it can provide tutelage, protection and so forth... but the city in which I live (Canberra, Australia), there are probably less than 20 vampires total, so we have no large house to "take us in". Sydney and Melbourne (which are north and south of Canberra respectively) are larger, and have their own vampire courts.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Oct 20 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #26

Theurgist
Group Icon

A group of vampires have named themselves after a sun god? How funny.

Regardless, may I suggest an alternative route. Instead of brute force in the form of protection why not try to just go invisible? It works for me. If they think noone is home them they should leave you alone.

There are several rituals and techniques that can accomplish this. Once you get the hang of it you will do it most times.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ClockKeeper
post Nov 8 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #27

Neophyte
Group Icon

Wow, wards are actually very interesting.. I need to look into that abit more. Also, to Nero, wouldn't it make more sense to drop the hint that he doesn't want them there rather than just seeming absent from the room? I'm sure your way works, I just wouldn't like anything close to a wraith or phantasm showing up in room at any time.

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 12 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #28

Neophyte
Group Icon

To reinerate on what Nita said, I heard the rosemary is good for banishing spirits and whatnot to the Other place. Something else thats good is, burning dried angelica leaves. It is something I got of a WitchCraft site, but it should work anyways (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif)
Saule

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Nov 12 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #29

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the good ol' Louisiana Hot Foot. Take some salt, ground cayenne pepper (the bright red stuff--habaneros work well too) and mix them together into a fine powder. For an extra punch add black pepper. Sprinkle it around your work area, let it sit for a while, and then sweep/vacuum it up. It works for me.

It's also really good for annoying neighbours and esp. houseguests that you want to leave in a hell of a hurry, esp w/the holidays right round the corner.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/diablo.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

altpath
post Nov 14 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #30

Zelator
Group Icon

I like Nero's idea, honestly. I used to do the Rose Cross ritual daily to be invisible all day. It was great to keep spirits away and even to go around anywhere I wanted unnoticed. I didn't get good enough to get away with anything mischievous, but then again I only did it for about a month.

I like Devil be Gone incense. I think it's equal parts consecrated salt, bay leaves, vervain, and hyssop. Burn that in your room and it will feel incredibly peaceful. I know because I had the same problem with my house. I was getting attacked and threatened by random strangers outside of my house and then I evoked Michael to clean out the house, which helped alot, but to just make sure everything was out, I burned that incense. It get's rid of everything, even good spirits. I guess it's not too good an idea to burn it on a regular basis if you work with certain spirits on a regular basis, but it's definately worth trying.

--------------------
www.occult-desires.com/english/
Lust/Love, Money, Healing, Divinations - SpellWork with Daemonic Aid

www.occult-desires.com/espanol/
Ahora disponible en Español, con servicios mas baratos para los Mexicanos.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse