Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Holding Thoughts/objects In Mind Without It Wondering, Mind
Shogunronin
post Dec 29 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi there

I have been practicing holding certain astral places/objects in my head without my mind wondering much. I have seen this somewhere (I can't remember where) how it helps in you're ceromonial rituals and reinforcing you're will. Has anyone become efficient at this? I've been practicing it alot I can do it for around 8-10 minutes now but how long is efficient? Also, how much practice time a day would you say is efficient to get big results? The time frame I am setting here is one month.

Thank you

Shogun.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Dec 29 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

That is an excellent landmark for progression, certainly. I would have to say that when you are completely in control of your mind, and can prevent it from wandering at all unless you allow that, then you have mastered concentration. However, that is a lifetime's worth of work. If you can, in the next few years, reach as much as an hour, I'd say you're pretty much home free after that - if you can do it consistently, then a wandering mind will not likely be an issue during ritual or meditation. Other's might say half an hour. It seems there would be a thereshold - once you can reign in your mind for some amount of time, then for all intents and purposes it may as well be under your control fully.

I believe that after 15 minutes, your brain will become entrained to whatever pattern is currently dominant at that time - so I would say that a reasonable immediate goal would be 15 minutes.

Sounds like you're doing good! Keep it up!

peace
V

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse