Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Weird Lucid Type Out Of Body Experience/dream?, Something...strange...
Tom Foolery
post Mar 23 2011, 07:19 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Okay, something strange happened to me last night.

I've been working on lucid dreams, astral projection and have been also practising chaos magic for about six months. I've had some success with lucid dreams recently after keeping a dream journal. As an aside to this story, recently I've been reading about Phil K Dick's VALIS experience, Robert Anton Wilson's contact with the Sirius intelligence and Grant Morrison's abduction experience. I've posted a thread about it on here with regards to whether those experiences were psychological or whether those authors had actually been contacted by an outside alien intelligence.

So, back to the story...about two months ago my wife gave birth to our second son. He's been waking around 4am the past week, so instead of going back to sleep, last night I attempted something different. As I was falling asleep, I visualised a sigil to enable me to lucid dream, his crying made me forget about it pretty quickly. I fell asleep without really noticing and then this is where it gets weird.

I became aware that my body was paralysed and even though my eyes were closed, I could see our bedroom and my wife nursing our child. Then i could feel what could only be described as a pair of hands rolling my body onto it's side before I started to float upwards out of my body. Instead of me reealising that this was probably astral projection, with all the VALIS stuff rolling around in my head for some reason I beleived that I was being abducted. Now I know how funny it sounds and I'm laughing at my follishness as I type, but at the time it was pretty scary as I couldn't make any noise. The fear of the situation made me move my physical arm which instantly smapped me back to my body and I rolled onto my back. However after a second the hands rolled me over again and I began to float for a second time. THis went on a couple more times before I concentrated on lying still while the 'hands' tried to push me over onto my side. When I really concentrated, they couldn't push me over and after that I pretty much drifted off into proper unconsciousness.

Has anyone ever had anything like this or can you shed some light on it for me? Was it astral projection or were the hands a projection of my will from the sigil and they were enabling me to astrally project without too much effort, actually almost against my wishes?

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Mar 23 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Well, I have tired astral projection many times in the past, with little success. From what I hear, it takes quit a bit of practice to successfully astral project, so I would assume that it was the sigil that you formed. Unless, of course, you are more prone to astral projection than the average joe.

--------------------
Peace.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse