Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Mental Training - Enhancing One's Perception Of Time, Trying to visually follow a fast object
Barnard
post Sep 6 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've been interested in mental training for a variety of magickal uses. Something I've been wondering about is, is there some kind of product that has an object with adjustable speeds. To the common population, this kind of device would seem useless, but I think it could be used as a means to enhance ones ability to perceive time faster. Advantages to this could be for martial artists to be able to react to a punch faster or identifying a quickly shown clip in a movie (like in Fight Club).

I imagine it could even be possible to clearly watch a bullet exiting a gun and following its path to its target before it hits. I suspect this kind of training could lead to more potent magickal practices. Does anyone have any ideas?

Not sure if I have this in the right forum. I think there should be a forum specific to mental training.

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post Sep 6 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Interesting stuff. The only thing I've ever heard about time control is the entity Fotamecus. I'm not entirely sure this story is true but I feel like I've had some success with time control.

Supposedly there is an entity named Fotamecus, that can expand (slow) and compress (hasten) time whenever you need it. His original creator calls him a viral egregore- he started out as a mantra, then a sigil, servitor, and made the jump to egregore. This is basically how the creator Fenwick Rysen describes the entities creation. When he was a servitor his sigil was put on the internet and many people started working with him. Many different Fotamecus entities were created, and they work together as one entity. The reason for having so many different entities was because of the consequence of compressing or expanding time. Whenever time is compressed it expands afterward to balance out. I guess how it works is- if you want to expand time in the morning so you can sleep in, but don't want it to compress later in the day, you ask your Fotamecus to expand time, then petition another Fotamecus somewhere else to pass off the compression.

I haven't heard about more acute time control. This could all be in the mind and though, like self hypnosis. But you should definitely give Fotamecus a try if you're interested, I'm not very good at working with entities at the moment and stopped working with Fotamecus a while ago. I'd be very interested to hear the results if you give it a go.
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/texts/fotamec1.html
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/rites/fotamec3.html
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/sseg.php

Time is one of those things that we really just don't know much about, there's definitely a lot of room for exploration.
Just a fact- did you know that the great pyramid of Giza actually slows down time at the base of it? It's so large that it slows time like a boulder sitting in a river. It's unnoticeable but it makes you wonder. Theoretically I suppose time might move faster on smaller planets, and slower on larger planets. This leads me to wonder if life could evolve on smaller planets faster than on larger planets

woo that was a long post

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Sep 22 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

I think it seems like a good theory.

I always watch fans spin on high. I'll stop watching one of them and then pick out the same one and keep going. I like to do it until I can pick up all of the details. Watching flies is good too. If they don't lose you even with all of the random zigzagging and passing over darker colored objects you know you're getting pretty good.

So, I do things like that and I'm pretty decent with magick. Correlation? I think so. Causation? I think to a degree, yes.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Barnard
post Sep 23 2011, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

VitalWinds. That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks. Can't believe I haven't thought of something so simple as the blades of a fan. Their stable and constantly moving when in use.

Musky Tusk. Though time control wasn't what I was looking for, that is still very interesting and I may look into that. Pretty much what I was looking for was to improve perception of time. Normal people percieve time at a very limited rate. For example, if you watch Smallville or some Superman episodes, the camera will depict the fictional characters perception of time, allowing you to see a bullet leave a gun and watch it travel in detail as he makes the rescue.

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

+Quote Post

Adder
post Oct 2 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

I use a stopwatch to practise this, with the MM:SS:mmm. I start focusing on the seconds and then step down each level of miliseconds as each one goes quicker. You need something with a good framerate and screen quality but this is the sort of thing I mean; eghttp://www.estopwatch.net/

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse