Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What's Your Lineage?, Ancestors and Spirituality
Slayden
post Jul 23 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

My mother's father comes from from a long line of circuit-riding preachers and evangelists, and my mother's mother comes from a long line of witches, astrologers, and druids. Last I knew, my father's father was a 32nd Freemason (33 is highest ranking), but this information is over 20 years old so he probably leads one or more lodges by now. Unfortunately, I know little about my father's mother. My biological mother and father divorced when I was 3 years old so I don't know much about my father's side the family, but I intend to find him one day to get more info.

So... do you have ancestors with mystical/spiritual backgrounds? If you do, what kinds of backgrounds did they have?

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

J*S
post Jul 23 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

My surname is an Anglicised version of a French name, and it seems highly likely that my Father's side of the family came to England with William 1st. It is not a widespread name, except down in the West Country, where there are many of us, particularly on the Isles of Scilly. Unfortunately the church there had a habit of burning down and destroying all the parish records every 20 years or so, which makes it difficult to be certain about the French angle, but I recall being in France and speaking to someone who thought that with our surname we must be Bretons, so it seems likely.

The interesting side though is my Mother's. Apparently one of my ancestors on that side of the family was involved with Dashwood and his Hellfire Club. I heard of this before I really knew what it was but recall that the only family member who really knew the details was my grandmother. Of course, being a respectable person that kind of heritage came under the classification of "Things we don't talk about". A real shame, as I would have been fascinated to find out more. There were rumors of said ancestor being involved in strange rites at High Wycombe Cathedral resulting in trouble with the law, which fits with the recorded history of Dashwood's activities. Unfortunately my grandmother died without passing on the full details of what she knew to anyone else in the family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hellfire_Club

--------------------
"If thou thyself hast not a sure foundation, whereon wilt thou stand to direct the forces of Nature?" Liber Librae, AC

+Quote Post

Noxifer_616
post Jul 25 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I come from a various lines of occult-related lineages (although which ones arent these days?). I am, in order from least to greatest, German, English, Irish, Scandinavian, Arabic, and Romani. My grandmother's aunt worked for Emperor Josef of Austria, before the great war. My grandfather was an arab with family in Syria Lebanon and Turkey. He met my grandmother in America, and wallah! I am a vampire, andi believe i inherited this from my Romani bloodline (also on my mother's side), in the tradition of the Nosferatu.

My grandfather, on my dad's side, is mostly English, and was both a high degree Freemason, as well as a Rosicrucian. My mother was likewise a member of The Order of the Eastern Star, my dad too was a mason. Needless to say, my parents family was not very religious, however i was raised an Orthodox Christian. A year ago i disbanded these beliefs, and turned to the occult..

--------------------
IPB Image
Om Avete Luciferi

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jul 26 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Well on my dads side my family comes from a mixture of northern Europeans - Irish, Norman, German mainly - who settled in West Virginia in the mid 1600s. On my mom's side my family is crossed between Gypsy (non-descript slovics, nomads) German and Irish. Based on my own independant research it is likely that I have ancestory in other nationalities but I have been unable to find solid evidence. My family has no major claim to fame except my family is in a genius book of world records for holding the largest family renunion in flat top west virginia (40000 attended baring my last name). Apperantly this reunion is held every year in Flat Top. On my dads side we are related to a Norman noble by the name of Robert De'Isle. This guy contributed to the Norman invasion of England. He is also the earliest known relative on that side of the family. On my mom's side we are distantly related to Barvarian royalty. I also share the same last name as a pharmecuetical company and also a metaphysical and occult writer. Weather or not I am actually related to either of these two is unknown.

Because my ancestory is so complex and mixed I usually just tell people I'm an Appalachian American.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jul 26 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #5

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

My maternal grandmother was swedish. I don't know much of her family. My maternal grandfather came from a long line of vassals in the Transylvania region, known as the "Batiz" clan, later changed to "Batizi," then "Batizy," Originally meaning "tall." After the feudal system was done away with, they became lawyers, magistrates, and other municipal supervisors. My grandfather was the first doctor in the family line after a long time.

My paternal grandmother came from a family line near Greece in Turkey. My paternal grandfather came from a long line of farm supervisors in the Phoenician region. Originally, his lineage can be traced to the foothills of the Kurdish mountain regions.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

shamanwizard
post Jul 27 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon
From: all of the new world......land of the incas,aztecs,mayans,and seminole,siux

from my mothers side most were native south american (colombian) shamanistic sages and italian witches or (wizards in some case), but in my fathers side they were all catholics, which is abit complicated and extremelly hard in the case of my mom and dad getting married, in my case I followed my mothers side........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/kicking.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif)

--------------------
"A wizard can turn fear into joy, frustration to fulfillment. A wizard can turn the time-bound into the timeless. A wizard can carry you beyond limitations into the boundless"------Deepack Chopra

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Jul 27 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Mother's side:

I am a direct descendant -- on my mother's side -- of Molly Newport, daughter of Captain Christopher Newport.

Captain Newport (along with Captain John Smith, he of the Pocahontas fame) co-founded the Jamestown Colony in 1607, the first permanent English settlement in North America.

I am quite literally descended from one of the First Families of Virginia! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Father's side:

I don't know too much about my father's side of the family.

I'm German on my father's side (My great-grandparents were Bavarian immigrants.) Beyond that, I don't know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post Jul 29 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

My mother was a microbiologist. Her family came from Crowder, MS and is a mix of Creek and Scottish descent. They were traditionally tin-smiths. She dabbled in the occult when she was young but did not have any apparent connection to it otherwise, and was suspicious of my interests but not restrictive. She introduced me to the odd habit of digging up gems and fossils.

My father is an engineering draftsman. His biological parents are of Scottish descent, his adoptive family is Irish and their name is derived from "Koenig." His grandfather was chief of police in Boston around the time of the police strike. His father was a US naval commander. He taught my friends and I how to play D&D, and he had a rock band.

I have no special or secret occult lineage. I've learned from books, and what I've made up has been based on what I've learned by study and experience.

I was born during the brightest supernova on record up to that date.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Sep 7 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

My dad's side of the family were Irish and French, largely peasants, although there were some Irish travelers; enough that we still speak the Cant. My mom is Protestant, daughter of an Anglican minister. Eventually he joined what is called the United Church here in Canada. They were heavy into social activism and I'm rather proud of his career in helping the poor and disadvantaged. But I don't have any particular occult family lineage or practices passed down. I've studied a lot and have always been lucky in finding the right teachers. But often luck is the result of hard work and practice.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

shamanwizard
post Jul 30 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon
From: all of the new world......land of the incas,aztecs,mayans,and seminole,siux

QUOTE(Goibniu @ Sep 7 2007, 11:52 PM) *
My dad's side of the family were Irish and French, largely peasants, although there were some Irish travelers; enough that we still speak the Cant. My mom is Protestant, daughter of an Anglican minister. Eventually he joined what is called the United Church here in Canada. They were heavy into social activism and I'm rather proud of his career in helping the poor and disadvantaged. But I don't have any particular occult family lineage or practices passed down. I've studied a lot and have always been lucky in finding the right teachers. But often luck is the result of hard work and practice.

pardon my ignorance, but what exaclty its the United Church of Canada, I'm guessing its a christian church?!?!!?!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused012.gif)

--------------------
"A wizard can turn fear into joy, frustration to fulfillment. A wizard can turn the time-bound into the timeless. A wizard can carry you beyond limitations into the boundless"------Deepack Chopra

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jul 30 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

In the 1920s, the Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, etc joined together in Canada to form a single church. There are a few Methodists and Baptists, etc, but they are either holdouts or came here from another country.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Krell
post Jul 31 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

My Father was an electro-mechanical engineer, every manned space shot had his fringer prints on them, even today since he worked on the Shuttles. He did a lot of defence work to, much more then that I can't say he had higher clearance then the president. His side of the family is Polish, Austrian, Hungarian, Russian, and we think Jewish. Since the family was Catholic they would have not talked about my Great Grandfather being jewish. He was the best of the bunch. As far as esoteric they didn't talk about it, hell they didn't talk about much. I do know there was something as My grandmother mentioned something in a conversation once. Although Mom and Dad were together until he died, we knew little of what he did, he didn't have much to do with the kids, we had 3 vacations with him in 40 yrs.

My Mom's side was a bit more colorful. Italian and French. The Family came over in 1898 Ellis Island. The lived in the tenements on the lower east side. My Gr. Grandfather moved the family to N.J. with 4 other Familys some time latter. She had her family researched, they went back to the Knights Templars. My Gr. Gr. Grandmother was a very feared Streghe. She was a very good healer, but she had a very bad temper. There are reports of her killing someone's cow with a glance. She was reported to make the kids retarded, and people sick. They kept the kids hidden when she came around. My Gr. Grandmother was a super Catholic, she was alway saying rosaries, if she couldn't make it to mass she said it at home. My Grandmother was trained by her grandmother, I caught her working her magick a few times. My Mom inherited the eye, as did I. This side of the family is very telepathic the ones that aren't afraid, seem to have inherited some of Gr. Gr. Grandmothers abilities. I am very good with herbs as was Gr. Gr. GM and my Gr. Grandfather, Mom and I at least got the eye, Frank my cousin (Frankie Munez) has intense dreams which come true.

Mom and I have studied with the same teachers. The first was a physic, the second was from BoWT, the last was the 4th way. I went one to study Native American, Shamanism mainly with many other traditions here and there. One of my sisters is into, I don't know New age metaphysics, some interesting stuff, among other things, something called Flow(?) a healing "Message" that used entities. It is effective and certainly interesting to be worked on using the method. Once I saw what looked like Grays working on me. My brother (moved on) and other sister, I think were/are afraid of the stuff. They would have Mom read their cards, Mom is very good at it, like many that were/are she won't do them any more. Mom and I have also worked with the ancient crystal skulls.

Krell

+Quote Post

SonOfAbraham
post Aug 1 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

I am 50% Mizrahi (iraqi Jewish background) jew paternally, and 50% ashkenazi (hungarian jewish background). I am also a Kohen(I carry the name and got my dna tested)
. i had my dna tested through familytreedna.com and as it turns out I carry the Y-chromosomal Aaron (remember paternally I am from a mizrachi jewish background).
On my dad's side, everyone is very spritual, and has atleast some sort of spritual gift (theres actually a trend in my family of peopel going athiest, and then becoming very religious a bit later on with spiritual gifts that follow)

+Quote Post

SacredMed
post Nov 21 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #14

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I was born a Scottish Lord from the sunrise side of loch lomond and families come with traditions. We just had our klan millenium and Our faith is the faith of the Scot nobility.
I am a physician, focus in the religion of the doctors. I like it.

--------------------
Sons of Mercy Medicalhttps://rosechapel.createaforum.com/general-discussion/profession-formation-with-the-sons-of-mercy/

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse