Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Different Ways To Think About Satan?
newdepths
post Dec 23 2016, 08:56 AM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I was wondering if anyone here has an interest in Pagan (or at least non-Xian) conceptions of Satan? It seems that a lot of people still think about Satan in the Xian paradigm, but I'm interested in sources that offer different ideas and theories. It is bothersome that many seem to be unable to even imagine anything about Satan that differs from the stories they were told in church. This article gives an example of what I'm talking about:http://josministries.prophpbb.com/topic17416.html
So, anyone else have an interest in this? What sources/ideas have you found helpful?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

jiny89
post Feb 2 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(newdepths @ Dec 23 2016, 09:56 AM) *

I was wondering if anyone here has an interest in Pagan (or at least non-Xian) conceptions of Satan? It seems that a lot of people still think about Satan in the Xian paradigm, but I'm interested in sources that offer different ideas and theories. It is bothersome that many seem to be unable to even imagine anything about Satan that differs from the stories they were told in church. This article gives an example of what I'm talking about:http://josministries.prophpbb.com/topic17416.html
So, anyone else have an interest in this? What sources/ideas have you found helpful?

The Internet is open for all. Look it up and do not forget that Satan did arrive in the 400 Bc

This post has been edited by jiny89: Feb 2 2017, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post

Aunt Clair
post Mar 23 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(newdepths @ Dec 23 2016, 10:56 PM) *

]Well in the Jewish perspective there are no fallen angels. God creates no evil. All that is evil is not of God and wrought by humans.
Satan is not personified but is a term a word meaning the accuser, the chielf prosecuter, the one who challenges. It is internal.
When Christ is tempted by Satan , it is not a red horned devil but the internal struggle.
There are demons but they don't have crowns, kingdoms, dukedoms and such nonsense heraldry.
And Satan does not exist.
The red horned fork carrying male is borrowed from Japan. There a red horned giant male goes to hell and saves innocent child ghosts from Giants who throw rocks and them and devour their crushed spirits.
He saves them and brings their spirits to a happier afterlife. Still in Shinto today, Buddhist shrines have little children statues without arms and red caps hoping that their spirit will be happy and safe from the hels.

So Satan is a construct that became personified.
In some translations of the Bible, one will see Christ say , Are you a Satan unto me? when he challenges someone accusing him. Because satan is a word therein.
In one translation of the Bible Christ says I am the Lucifer. I am the Morning Star. I am the rising light. He who follows me will have eternal life and so forth.
Googling these can be problematic as numerous translations abound. And Bible thumping Christians tend to scour these truths and twist them to fit.
I am a Christian Hermeticist. I love Christ. But the Bible has both wisdoms and taints .

Demons are a negative vibration at the highest power they are Goetic in form . These are not controlled. They punish and are aligned wiht the Godhead.
Angels are positive in vibration, they teach, lead, heal, inspire, protect and admonish.

--------------------
~*~Love , Light n Laughter, Aunt Clair ~*~

+Quote Post

idiotkuk
post Dec 12 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

What is this about a Xian paradigm? You mention it two times in your first two lines. Heres a different idea about Satan. He would be called Lucifer, and you would adress him as Lord. He was the ruler of a planet, Luciferia, and he was betrayed in a war. As his next in command decided to follow the ordain of God, he lost power when he tried to kill a planetary Son. He has since been granted full rule over this planet, "the green grem"", and is awaiting his next battle with the heavenly fater, in the form of his son, "Jesus Sananda". maybe this wil fulfill your stupid fantasy.
Edit no Edit i wrote this badly because of the question asked, as it was asked poorly and without cohesion

source: the Urantia Book

This post has been edited by idiotkuk: Dec 12 2017, 10:08 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse