Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Defense Vs Dreamwalking?
flyingmojo
post Apr 5 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

My wife and I believe that she is under psychic attack from my stepmother. This isn't surprising really since A) my stepmother is psychotic and emotionally unstable, B) absolutely despises my wife and believes she is responsible for taking me away from her (my stepmother was very possessive of me), C) really wanted to see me break up with my wife since she viewed her as a threat, and D) is well versed in magick since it was she who introduced me to it. And knowing my stepmother, who is very powerful and very focused, I think that even if she wasn't deliberately malefacting anyone, she could certainly be the source of a lot of psychic negativity and torment, especially when it comes to my wife, whom she blames for the end of my relationship with her. The kind of one-sided negativity she is capable of focusing on someone is just f*cked up.

If you want to avoid reading all the story below, I'll just throw my question out now. How do you defend yourself against someone psychically tormenting you and sending negative energy through dream and dream-walking?

What's been going on are really vivid, frightening and disturbing nightmares (the kind of dreams that aren't dreams if you know what I mean) usually but not always with my stepmother in them, that have been leaving my wife feeling like she is being sucked dry. My wife never used to get nightmares, not like this anyway. The last one involved a child that both my wife and I cared for (which, IMO, undoubtedly symbolized our relationship). My stepmother had been in the dream only moments before a huge dog took our child and tore it into little pieces. My wife, distraught and grief-stricken, tried to pick up the body-parts of our child.

Another dream, the worst of all, involved my wife and I lying down to dream-travel together (in her dream), when some kind of entity grabbed her, pulled her away from me, and dragged her into a hell-realm, which was so terrifying and so vivid, she blocked most of it out upon waking (which she did in the middle of the night, then woke me up and cried for quite a while). Both of us were quite sure the entity was an envoy of my stepmother's, since we had been sensing her anger and negativity psychically directed at us for a while, and still do.

My wife has been setting up the following defenses: she has been regularly calling the angels, asking for and visualizing an angel to spread its protective wings over our property and shielding us from ill-intent and negative energy. The barrier also has a mirror quality to it, reflecting any negativity back and turning it into positive, loving energy. I've also been regularly doing banishing rituals and praying to the Virgin Mary (who I have a deep connection with). Recently, I had the idea of grounding this protective barrier by burying quartz crystals around the house.

However, something occurred to me this morning and made me realize that we'd been perhaps going at this with the wrong angle. I remembered when my stepmother had had a really awful relationship with a person who was also into magick and was also really possessive and wouldn't let my stepmother go when she was trying to break up with her. In this case, the person was actively trying to bind my stepmother to her, and make her obsessed, or create obsession (which worked), by dream-walking. Upon remembering this, I realized that dream is its own passage-way, and while we have been protecting our physical and astral space, my wife's dream-scape is totally unprotected.

So how do you guard yourself from someone using dream to psychically attack you?

--------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
Einstein

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Apr 5 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

My wife has been setting up the following defenses: she has been regularly calling the angels, asking for and visualizing an angel to spread its protective wings over our property and shielding us from ill-intent and negative energy. The barrier also has a mirror quality to it, reflecting any negativity back and turning it into positive, loving energy. I've also been regularly doing banishing rituals and praying to the Virgin Mary (who I have a deep connection with). Recently, I had the idea of grounding this protective barrier by burying quartz crystals around the house.

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job of protecting your property, but your property is not what's under attack. At least how I read you is that you taking measures to block negativity from entering your house and bothering you. But the property is not what you need to protect, its not under attack. If you were seeing physical manifestations or poltergiest activity then I would say that your property is under attack. These dreams, however, are specific to you as psychic beings. It has nothing to do with your property.

Think of how someone might try to harm you by breaking into your house. Only in your case you house is not under attack, your minds are. This is still somewhat similar to someone breaking into your house, only instead it is your mind (or rather your wife). If take protecting your house an analogy for protecting your dreams - how do you protect your house? Well personally if it was me I would lock the doors and bar the windows. Maybe get a guard dog (since its your dreams, cerebus would make a nice guard dog). A fire arm for self defense might be ok too.

Metaphorically consider how you would protect your dreams as though you dream scape was a house or even a realm, like a kingdom of its own. The cool thing with dreams is that you can be as creative and imaginative as possible. The key thing to keep in mind is that the things you use to defend your dream scape must be personal and meaningful. Cerebus is a terrifying creature. But if you have no connection with him, having him a terrifying guard dog from hell won't make much difference.

On to the dreams themselves:

First and foremost I want to reassure you, dreams are only as terrifying as you let them be. They cannot harm you, nor can they have power over you - unless you let them. Remind yourself each night when you go to bed that you are safe and that dreams cannot harm you. Think about the terrifying images and see them for the illusions they really are. Illusions is all they are. Since your wife seems to be at the brunt of this attack, she should embrace this idea. And when she finds herself in a terrifying dream, she will recognize it and she will be able to control the imagry or at least confront it without fear and if nothing else, wake herself from it.

The source of these psychic "attacks", may not be from your stepmom at least not directly. Rather she is acting as an avatar of terror and feelings anxiety and hopelessness from which are really stemming from your wife. Sometimes the most affective black magick is the most subtle and psychological. It works behind the scenes, in the back of your mind where you are not aware of it or you simply deny it. It certainly seems that your stepmom could have driven your wife to have these feelings. Therefore, the best cure is not protecting your property, but protecting yourselves, more specifically your psychic selves. Your wife does this by understand the feelings she is having. Take direct action to confront them, express them and move away from them so that they do not control her further. I can see it is possible that your stepmom may be trying to bind you or your wife to her in some fashion.

This is my take on the dreams themselves:

What's been going on are really vivid, frightening and disturbing nightmares (the kind of dreams that aren't dreams if you know what I mean) usually but not always with my stepmother in them, that have been leaving my wife feeling like she is being sucked dry. My wife never used to get nightmares, not like this anyway. The last one involved a child that both my wife and I cared for (which, IMO, undoubtedly symbolized our relationship). My stepmother had been in the dream only moments before a huge dog took our child and tore it into little pieces. My wife, distraught and grief-stricken, tried to pick up the body-parts of our child.

I think you are right about this one. I think it represents your stepmother in some fashion destroying your relationship with your wife. The only thing I would reiterate is that your wife is feeling like she is no longer in control of this destruction and that she, on some level, fears that your step mom will succeed and she won't be able to stop her or salvage what is left. Thus, imho, I think she feels a degree of hopelessness and anxiety. You can reassure your wife that you have no intention of letting your stepmom ruin your relationship. In the mean time, she should consider if this vissage of your mom in her dreams really represents more than that. Maybe she has similar feelings for other things in her life that may be bothering her.

Another dream, the worst of all, involved my wife and I lying down to dream-travel together (in her dream), when some kind of entity grabbed her, pulled her away from me, and dragged her into a hell-realm, which was so terrifying and so vivid, she blocked most of it out upon waking (which she did in the middle of the night, then woke me up and cried for quite a while). Both of us were quite sure the entity was an envoy of my stepmother's, since we had been sensing her anger and negativity psychically directed at us for a while, and still do.

"Descension" is the big symbol I see her. Descension generally represents putting yourself down or looking within in search of answers. Hell, the other big symbol, has to do with suffering, punishment, guilt and being in an inescapable position (like eternal damnation). The third major symbol is the entity that grabbed your wife and pulled her down to hell. This is clearly that good ole fashion shadow self. It represents the the unknown within the self. It can appear dark and scary because people often fear the unkown. Again in terms of dreams, your wife should realize that they cannot harm her. This shadow self within her dreams (which could also be symbolized by the dog that killed the child in the other dream) may not represent bad things. Just answers to questions that she is not aware of. They could even be compliments from the lower self to the higher self, telling her she is doing something right. But if your wife ignores such gestures, they can manifest as intense and frightening dreams. At any rate, both dreams do seem to symbolize things that are really bothering her, stepmom involved or not.

Some simple things you can do to protect your dreams in general - pray to Morpheous, the Greek God of dreams. If you wife invokes Morpheous each night and asks for protection that might help. Angels are not a bad either. But they, in my mind, they sort of symbolize all around protection. Morpheous is specifically related to dreams. Thus using him as a focus will be more powerful. If you wife is more partial towards female deities, she might try the Celtic Goddess Morrigan. She is not directly associated with dreams, but she is associated with the feminine aspects of magick and night, which can include dreams. Burning sage can also repell negative entities that might try to harm you in your sleep. You might also just try to hang an old fashioned dream catcher above your bed. An alternative is a delta pendant. The delta was used as a dream gate by the ancient Greeks and when worn, it is suppose to prevent any unwanted visitors from entering your dreams.

Just understand if the source of this negativity truly is from your wife alone, none of the above will be any kind of a permanent solution. She can burn a mountain of sage or slaughter 13 head of cattle to whatever God, it won't make a hill of beans difference until she can come to terms with the feelings she is having herself.

Lastly, she (and you for that matter) should keep regular dream journals. But do so with the intention of finding a solution to your problems aside from your stepmom. If you simply try to keep track of your dreams just to try and find proof that your stepmom is indeed psychically attacking you, it will only play into her hands and lead to pointless obsession. You are trying to prevent from being bound to her. You do not need to play "where's waldo" with your stepmom and your dreams. Instead, seek to understand what you dreams represent and what you can do to improve your quality of life away from your stepmom. Do not include her in your day to day life. It will only benefit her at this point. The more aware you are of your dreams, the easier to is to be infiltrated through magickal means. Moreover, the easier it is to understand dreams and to control them as well as enjoy them.

And one more thing: Something I've prescribed a few times on this site is this simple candle spell:

Get a two toned (white on black) candle and a small mirror that can be layed flat. Take the candle and inscribe (in a downward spiral pattern from top to bottom) some verse on it specific to the negative energy affecting you. Keep it simple. It doesn't have to be complex. So maybeing something like "Protect my mind and my dreams from the evil will of my stepmother. Return any negative thoughts and desires to her." (it doesn't even have to rhyme!) If you want you can also inscribe a sigil on the bottom (maybe to invoke the power of Morpheous, an angel or some other helpful entity) if you think it would help focus the spell even more. Then annoint the candle with olive or vegetable oil (any all natural oil). Place the candle on the mirror in a spot where it won't get knocked over. Light it and let it burn itself out (or at least until the white is gone. This represents burning positive energy into negative which deflects it back into the mirror and back to the sender
Also it makes a mess, so be sure to lay down some news papers or something. But this simple spell is really affective at repelling negativity and sending it back to where it came from.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

mr.hanson
post Apr 5 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(flyingmojo @ Apr 5 2009, 02:49 PM) *

My wife and I believe that she is under psychic attack from my stepmother. This isn't surprising really since A) my stepmother is psychotic and emotionally unstable, B) absolutely despises my wife and believes she is responsible for taking me away from her (my stepmother was very possessive of me), C) really wanted to see me break up with my wife since she viewed her as a threat, and D) is well versed in magick since it was she who introduced me to it. And knowing my stepmother, who is very powerful and very focused, I think that even if she wasn't deliberately malefacting anyone, she could certainly be the source of a lot of psychic negativity and torment, especially when it comes to my wife, whom she blames for the end of my relationship with her. The kind of one-sided negativity she is capable of focusing on someone is just f*cked up.

If you want to avoid reading all the story below, I'll just throw my question out now. How do you defend yourself against someone psychically tormenting you and sending negative energy through dream and dream-walking?

However, something occurred to me this morning and made me realize that we'd been perhaps going at this with the wrong angle. I remembered when my stepmother had had a really awful relationship with a person who was also into magick and was also really possessive and wouldn't let my stepmother go when she was trying to break up with her. In this case, the person was actively trying to bind my stepmother to her, and make her obsessed, or create obsession (which worked), by dream-walking. Upon remembering this, I realized that dream is its own passage-way, and while we have been protecting our physical and astral space, my wife's dream-scape is totally unprotected.

So how do you guard yourself from someone using dream to psychically attack you?
I'm sry to that this is happening to ur wife. Doing this to a person is just plain cruelty.I've done this to some one. While u were protecting ur physical and astral space u kinda for got about the mental and etheric space. As u know the human body has exist on 4 different levels. Here on earth or physical astral which almost anything can happen mental, etheric. For the avarage spell protecting physical and astral is good enough but dream walking bypasses both of those and goes stright to mental which could affect ur wifes dreams. There's the long shot of using a dream catcher. We'll you have a some options. You could bind ur step mothers power.but odds are its not gona work. Try to resolve the negative energy around her concerning ur wife. Or Create a psi sheild that asborbs negative energy reflect it away. Or worse comes to worse cast a circle and ask the guardins to protect you on all levels. There's always a off chance that if ur wife slept with a symbol of her faith on like a neckalce it should work.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 6 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #4

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

lol you spell like a jinn, but u know ur stuf - 4 levels, huh? - i must think on this

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

flyingmojo
post Apr 7 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Acid09, excellent advice, thanks!! I guess psychic attacks are a wonderful opportunity to become aware of those areas in us where we need to grow or recognize and heal. Negative energy seems to find a crack in the stratum of our being and uses that against us, which affords us the observation and the opportunity to work on ourselves.

However, there is certainly an active psychic vampirism going on, illusionary dream or no, and I feel it is important to cut any energetic cords still connecting my stepmother to us.

A friend of mine, who is a Tibetan Buddhist Lama, is going to teach me a kind of exorcism meditation that he says will work very effectively for that purpose. Also, my wife took your advice and called on an angel, Archangel Michael, to protect her dreams. That night, she dreamed an entity was in the walls, trying to get at her, but it couldn't come through, and that there was nothing to fear. So we're on the right track now. I've also thought about summoning Michael, asking him to charge his seal, and placing the seal under the mattress.

mr.hanson, I really like what you said about sleeping with a symbol of her faith. My mother is sending me my great grandmother's rosary. I told my wife to pray with it every day and either sleep with it around her neck or hang it on the bedpost at our heads at night.

My wife and I feel like we can overcome this now, thanks for your help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dance2.gif)

--------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
Einstein

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post May 3 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

One thing I will suggest, which, while small and seemingly insignificant, has solved many a problem for me, is that if you practise and magic or psychic abilities before or in bed, make sure you both thoroughly ground any energy raised as that excess energy could give your stepmother yet another way to attack your wife.

Also, try making a physical circle of sorts around the bed - one method I find helpful is to take an incense stick, light it and move it in a CLOCKWISE circle around or above the bed, preferably seven times. This is just a little method I came up with based on Ancient Egyptian magic, but it works really well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Just make sure you affirm to yourself and the circle itself that it is a protective circle, will keep out negative forces and will protect you and wife your wife from harm while you sleep, or even in general. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hope that helps! Good luck.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/Laie_58.gif)

This post has been edited by NetherSpirit: May 3 2009, 07:04 PM

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post May 3 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Try meditation, sleeping pills, or a therapist. Not to say certain rituals or magical precautions wouldn't be effective, but if they're not seeming to help, part of that might be all the focusing on this you're doing. Try to meditate about other things, although if you think you can erase your fear through understanding the problem that might also help.

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: May 3 2009, 10:45 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post May 7 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

i've had a couple psychic attacks...and while that doesn't make me an expert one thing you should know is....

stop thinking of yourself as a victim. why are you only being defensive???

be aggressive about this. i'm not saying attack your mother or stop calling Michael (because it is obviously helping)...but ask yourself this: What are you essentially saying if you fortify yourself against fire and brimstone and Armageddon and then close your eyes and cover your ears dreading the next hit?
you're, basically, admitting that you're afraid and passive and helpless, and therefore you are feeding the attacker/source of the nightmares energy in which to continue to attack you.

you should know that any kind of social predator, be it in the physical or mental or astral arena...they all try to make you feel like a victim. that way, THEY have the power, and you have none. it is an illusion. you are in control.

say it with me....

I am not a victim.

This post has been edited by valkyrie: May 7 2009, 12:24 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse