Reply to this topicStart new topic
 A Love Potion, Elixir d'Amour
bym
post Mar 22 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I had tried to start a thread about elixirs earlier on but was met with japes.
In a way of side-stepping this I will merely delete the crap when it appears. You are entitled to your opinion, and
I do welcome constructive criticism but will not put up with idiots.
That being said...

Love potions have been around for millenia. You can use old stump water if you've the mind AND the INTENT!
For most this will not do....so I've compiled a recipe that will be of moderate work and then give some pointers on how
to 'help' the efficacy along. Now for all you pros and adepts here will see this for what it is and resort to stump water
but stump water isn't nearly as tasty nor is it as dramatic...

You will need:
Coriander Seed, 1 Tablespoon
Cardamon pod (either green or black), 1 teaspoon
one Star Anise 'flower'
6 whole cloves
6 Rose Hips
2 cups water, divided into 2 1-cup portions
1 cup honey (I like Orange Blossom or Clover but it doesn't make much difference...honey that is
collected near Melissa (Lemon Balm) is really fine!
2 -3 Tablespoons Hibiscus flowers (dried)...you can get this from health food store, herbalist or on-line
3 teaspoons orange zest
1 cup 100proof vodka (or 80 proof)
1/2 cup brandy (unflavored)
Please note: if hard alcohol is hard to come by then use either a red or white wine. You will want to cut back on the honey abit
as it will become horribly cloying! Myself...use the alcohol...you can water it down later and it tastes much better!

Grind the herbs and spices (coriander, cardamon, cloves, star anise,& rose hips) together. Set aside.
Bring 1 cup water and honey to a boil, skimming off any foam that arises, for 2-3 minutes.
Add spice mixture and boil for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
Place the hibiscus flowers into a clean bowl (glass, porcelin or metal) Using a fine sieve, strain the honey/spice syrup into the bowl over the flowers.
Let this stand for at least 10 minutes and then strain the mixture into a glass quart jar (either a mason jar or an old mayo jar).
Add the orange zest and the alcohol. Add the remaining 1 cup of water. Cover tightly. Let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month!
Yes....1 month!
After the alloted time, strain or filter out the orange zest. This will make about 1 quart of Love potion. Use it in 1 oz. shots as/if needed.

All that was the EASY part! As a matter of course when making such elixirs, I usually perform a series of 'meditative journeys' with each component
going into the potion. I commune with the plants used and 'ask' for their help/blessing. During the aging process I like to focus my INTENT/WILL into the elixir.
This is similar to Bardons use of a 'fluid condenser' or such as is written in other books...
REMEMBER....keep your intent SIMPLE! The more complex the intent, the more things that can go wrong! (This is a standard formula for most ANYTHING!!!)
If you decide to create a servitor, if you keep its function SIMPLE, then it won't go wrong! People make the mistake of being far to elaborate with their
intentions and end up by dispersing their energies needlessly. It needn't be that way! Start SIMPLE.
Now....you can expand, redesign and completely morph this formula to whatever aims you want! But...it works, it's simple and...it tastes good! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

There are those of you who simply cannot nor willnot abide by using alcohol! So don't! Use only water...but this will lose the extended shelf life that the alcohol confers. Use it soon! This also cuts down
on the time you have for reinforcing your intent during the aging process! I'm sure that you can and will have success! Good journey! And...be careful with this stuff, it works! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse