Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Substitute For Candles For Nec. Spellbook?
Penny_Lane
post Apr 8 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello, friends: I need to know if there is anything I can substitute for the white candles required by the Necronomicon Spellbook. I'd rather not burn anything at home due to proximity to bottled oxygen.

Thanks in advance.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Apr 8 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I'm sure that small electric candles usually found at Christmas should be fine...
Though I am on O2 and I use candles when I need to. Open flame near O2 isn't smart but if the candles are in another room, they shouldn't be a problem...
People mistakenly believe that O2 is flammable...it is not! It FACILITATES burning by giving flame the ingredient it needs to help itself burn (ie oxidation) You shouldn't smoke cigarettes while hooked up to O2 unless you like to court disaster! LOL! WHOOSH! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flame.gif)
The only downside to electric lights are that sometimes electrical fields can disturb psychic energies. This has been debated for hours. Maintaining an ambience versus using electromagnetic fields. In this instance I doubt very much that you'll notice a differance. Also...if you aren't the one on O2, take your spellcasting away from the O2 area altogether! The new place will help engender a sense of danger and wierdness that just might be beneficial to your spellcasting! But...you're the boss and know where your comfort zones are! Good Luck!
PS Don't tempt fate with the O2...I'd hate to think that I caused an accident through poor advice! Self-immolation is my problem, not yours! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Penny_Lane
post Apr 9 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for the info. Since I'm not the one on O2, we decided that it would be safe to use small birthday candles on top of a cookie sheet on top of the kitchen stove, as far away as possible from the oxygen bottles.

This post has been edited by Penny_Lane: Apr 9 2007, 05:39 AM

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 10 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Smasher666
Group Icon

I like to use white Saint candles. The kind people set out when people die. Sometimes I use colored ones with pictures of Saints or Angels. I like these candles because with a black magick marker I can write spells prayers and 50 names sigils. I keep these going on my altar 24 hours a day. Sometimes when they get close to the bottom the crack which could cause a fire if unwatched. Since I am not always home I use coasters and set them out away from the wall or anything flamable.

Peace

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse