Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Weird S*** In The Bible, interesting stories
esoterica
post Apr 12 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #1

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

god in the bible is called the 'god of gods', recognizing other gods exist, yet is to be held supreme - now the 'an', on which this 'big god of gods' is built, is aloof, but is proud and jealous, hence the commandment to 'have no other gods before (is in ahead of, or in front of) me' - if one recognizes another god/dess/form, one should still recognize that the 'god of gods' is above all - you can think zeus (another, later version of the same thing) far-away military general or company headquarters management, with their powerful absence- you only hear from them occasionally and usually only bring trouble to the way you do things locally - 'big god' has his own problems, is not to be messed with lightly, and your problems are best handled by a local deity unless they affect the whole structure

noah, (pre-flood), under command from this absent-commander-type 'god of gods' proves that the god of gods is more powerful than even the local sun god by turning back time for a full hour - noah said he was, the king said prove it, noah said 'forward or backwards?', and the king said 'backwards' as that should be harder, and noah did it (with the aid of the god of gods), and the king understood that the 'god of gods' was even more powerful than their solar deity, so he did some sacrifices in honor of the 'god of gods', and his own god too

the witch of endor (a friend of the god of gods, this 'big god', or an enemy?) - a man ignores his local god's warning against consulting ghosts (no using necromancy), but he goes and sees a witch anyway, who brings up the ghost for him to converse with (necromancy), and eventually dies by the sword for violating the command of his local god, did his local god do him in, or was it the god of gods?

balaam (friend of the big god, or enemy?) - talked to big god (and animals, plus sees and talks to angels) via meditative trance, but wanted so much to do a certain thing (for a whole lot of money) that he actually nags big god into letting him go to do the thing, is finally deceived into thinking he has permission (himself or an astral ghost?), then big god messes with him to turn it his way

any more?

edit: the transmission of 'the power' from one priest to the next - angels going up and down a ladder from heaven to earth - nebo-kinesar' s fiery furnace - moses does a whole lot of stuff, from using pharm to talk to god, to bringing water from a rock, to using a serpent-headed staff to ward off snake bites (when the folks looked at the serpent staff), to making white powder gold to fix the folks when they put another god (the golden calf?) ahead of the big god

very interesting

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 12 2009, 08:10 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ankhhape
post Apr 12 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

As I have come to understand it, this 'God of Gods' is the Abrahamic God

Starting with the false Pharaoh Akhenaten's *Sethian monotheism, the **Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity & Islam) were born.
First put into effect by **Moses, who was raised Egyptian and left the Kemet / Black Land with disciples (not slaves).

*Set (The true Adversary) this Egyptian God has embodied the Abrahamic religions to this day
**It is known that Abraham of Chaldea brought Sumerian / Babylonian religion to Egypt, it is known that Moses was raised an Egyptian. There can be many parallels drawn between what became the early Mosaic religion (Judaism) and the beliefs of both Mesopotamia and Kemet (Old Egypt).
It is now mostly accepted by scholars that the Christian religion was a branch of Judaism taught by Yeshua the Nazarene. Scholars also agree that the later formed Islamic faith came from this Abrahamic division.

--------------------
Kheper-i kheper kheperu kheper-kuie
em kheperu en Khepri kheper em Sep Tepy

+Quote Post

Majick
post Jun 25 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

Ankhape, curious why you call Ankhenaton a 'false' pharoah? What do you mean?
He was a monotheistic pharoah, and why is this Sethian? Fail to see the connection.
You seem to be asserting negative connotations to something factually neutral...

Esoterica, there's certainly a lot of interesting stories in the Bible, it would take a
lot to understand all the stories... I think one of the more important things to understand
is that it is a compilation from different authors with different opinions. Some of the
the stories have been incorporated from other mythologies and modified, others have
been blended with different accounts. There is a whole plethora of mainstream biblical
studies asserting a number of different authors and editors compiled and 'redacted'
- edited - the bible, and it's most easily seen in the historical parts in the first half
of the old testament, where things get a bit like "weird s***" as you say it.

But to get back to the main point, it seems to me that it could easily be upheld
the point of view that the god of gods is emphasizing the need to remember the
oneness and unity of all gods rather than asserting a hierarchical system as it's
usually misunderstood as. the "god of gods" would need to be all gods put together,
but in the opposite extreme this has been interpreted to mean that one shouldn't
have any other gods at all, which makes no sense given the phrasing, otherwise
it would have been "thou shalt have no other gods *but* me" instead, which it isn't.

anyways...

--------------------
The Definitive Guide to Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection...http://ultimateastralexperience.com
I Love Lucid, the Lucid Dreaming Blog...http://ilovelucid.com

+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post Apr 4 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Very interesting
I always thought of these Biblical beings as extraterrestrials

I can't cite this but I remember hearing a part of the Bible which talked about God and his Angels visiting a man (one of Jesus' disciples), they washed their feet and ate in his home.
I think this may be connected to the passage where a couple Angels blind a crowd of people at a gate because they were getting rowdy or something.
Really makes you wonder, why would an Angel need to violently banish people like that? Why would the God of Gods need to wash his feet and munch on some bread lol?

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

Waterfall
post Apr 4 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

As long as you're stuck accepting religious fables as historically accurate you'll miss the underlying myths that produced them. Of course, some of that may be extraterrestrials. Or the God of Gods.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse