Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Hunted By Demon
Anoxi Berista
post Jul 1 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Before I start this did happen to me , I am still seeking answers and yes it still gives me the willy's.
And i would like to add that if anyone has any answers, that they are constructive and based on the information provided, i have tried other magic forums without success just more questions. of course any help will be appreciated

Some years ago in 2006 I was working near Bath and had decided to camp with the other guys i was working with in a car park the client we where working for had provided as it was free, near the end of the week i had to move my tent due to an ants nest and was stung by ants on the foot.

The dream i had that night was as follows......I woke to find my self in a street in Hong Kong very early in the morning it was quite a steep street and due to feeling the effects of jet lag i felt very tired, i had in my hand a piece of paper with an address on it which i was looking for, my new flat !.
I found the flat a little further up the street, the entrance was down some steps into a little alley the front of the flat was a shop, i fiddled with the keys for a while and finally opened the door and went in, the flat was nice, on three levels, ground floor kitchen/ utility/ dining room. with a large window and a balcony for washing, middle floor living room,bathroom, bedroom and balcony with a stunning view of the bay, and top floor was an office space/study and another smaller bedroom and bathroom. the interior was white and all the floors where tiled in burgundy tiles except the bathrooms which where white, i wandered around and looked at my phone realising that it would be a couple of hours before the estate agent and my furniture van arrived with all my belongings, and it was still quite early in the morning, so i decided to go out and have a look at my new neighbourhood, as i went back down the stairs to the ground floor i realised there was only one exit from the flat and was kind of puzzling on that when i went out and fiddled with the lock (locks and doors are something i have always had problems with, especially modern locks)
I walked back up the alley and the ten steps up to the street level. I looked left down the hill and right up the hill and decided to go right.
I don't really remember the type of shops i passed but they where all mundane, launderette, supermarket, ect and then i stopped at a tea house.
I decided to go in although it looked very dark inside despite the large windows, i opened the glass door and a fragrance of tea, spices and herbs hit me and the sound of a small bell activated by the door being opened.
The shop was very old fashioned with wood fittings and decoration that was oddly plain with a wooden floor tables and chairs to the left, to the right was a long wood counter with a mirror behind it and glass shelves with glasses on, at the back of the shop could be seen the kitchen, dried herbs hung from the ceiling.
i suddenly realised that there was a very handsome young man with long shiny black hair stood behind the counter washing up , he wore a pork pie hat with a black satin band and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up over which was black waistcoat, he asked me to sit down and he would be with me in a moment.
I sat down and the young man called over to an old man sat near me, they spoke in mandarin but i don't know what was said.

The old man had on traditional dress, very dark plain silk robes which where a dark plum colour and a round black satin hat his small watery grey eyes looked at me almost in contempt, he was very small and his skin was wrinkled he had a grey wispy beard and mustache and long grey plait of hair.
The young man came out from behind the counter and over to my table, and asked me what i would like, before i could answer the old man said something and the young man went over to him they discussed something for a while and then the young man went into the kitchen and after a while came back with a small tea pot and a cup, he put this down on my table and beckoned me to look at he old man, " the old man has some very grave news for you, he has told me that there is a demon under the ground hunting your soul and means to devour it" the old man nodded, the young man continued " He says that it is a very long way under the ground yet but it is coming for you, and it will eat your soul" i suddenly became very frightened i felt a little faint and could feel the blood draining from my face, " well is there nothing that i can do to stop it" I asked the young man in panic, i looked at the old man " can you ask him what i can do". They both spoke for a minute and then the young man said" he says no, you can only run from it, but it will find you eventually, it is inevitable, for now he says you can drink this tea, it is a special remedy which will hide the scent of your soul from the demon, it will confuse it and it will not be able to find you, but it is not a cure and the old man does not know if a cure exists, you may look, someone may be able to trick the demon with another soul, so that it does not take yours".
I became angry i accused them of trying to play tricks on me, "a gullible westerner" i was living here, i had just moved in down the street, what where they trying to do, poison me, trying to rob me, the old man shook his head sadly, the young man protested that they where just trying to help and begged me to drink the tea, " it's his own special recipe he doesn't usually give this advice to strangers, he just wants to help you"
I stood up and knocked the table the tea splashed onto the wood, the chair scraped against the floor..... I made to leave.
And then the old man spoke in english to my surprise " let her go, it won't make any difference any way wether she drinks the tea or not, the demon is coming, it's a long way below the surface yet, but it's getting closer and the only thing she can do is hide" , he looked at me straight in the eye and said" if you will not drink the tea, you must promise me that you must never sleep on the ground, for if you do the demon will know where you are and it will eat all that you are, and you will be taken back down till the end of time".

I ran from the shop.

I woke up in my tent covered in sweat, i felt my arms, my body it felt as though i'd been dragged through time backwards, i could still smell the shop, it was 4.00am exactly.
The next day was the last day we where there i packed up my tent worked the day and went home, and started looking for answers, the only thing i found was a small write up about bhurba, phurbha dzi eyes beads, which i promptly aquired, i have not camped since, nor have i slept on the ground.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Jul 1 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

why didn't you drink the tea? - it would have hid your scent from the demon and you wouldn't have worried about sleeping on the ground and getting bitten by ants - i swear, the subconscious comes up with a simple easy cure, and some just won't drink the tea ;(

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kath
post Jul 1 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

very cool dream (albeit apparently disconcerting). it has many touches which are atypical of normal dreams, suggesting a possible spiritual aspect to it.

don't take everything at face value though.

personally, I would promptly go and sleep on the ground and "sort things out". But I am told that I have a reckless attitude towards spiritualism. of course from my perspective, most peoples' approaches are very timid and self limiting. and who is right really?

This post has been edited by Kath: Jul 2 2010, 01:11 AM

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jul 1 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

I would perform some type of protective ritual... and then go sleep on the ground.* I believe that this demon is not so fearsome as the dream may have led you to believe - if indeed it is an actual demon and not a metaphor for, say, an emotional issue. I have not yet encountered anyone who has really been dragged down to hell by a demon, nor heard of such a thing!

*I'd also take a benzodiazepine of some sort (Xanax/alprazolam, Klonopin/clonazepam, Valium/diazepam, etc) before sleeping. Apprehension about the result of sleeping on the ground may cause entirely unrelated nightmares, and benzos will both calm nerves and help sleep. But not everyone is willing to use drugs to help their spiritual practice, so it's up to you. It has always worked for me, anyway!

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Jul 1 2010, 10:47 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Jul 2 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #5

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

or it could have just been the trauma of the ant bites causing the ants to be represented as some sort of demon - the mind blows things out of proportion occasionally

i agree with kath and i'd go to sleep on the ground, or at least lay there, pumped up on caffeine and numb as a stone with licorice root (the only way i could lie on hard ground with this arthritis) - maybe i'd even bring a treat for the demon, if it showed up - some demons are cool, some are crazy and some are just plain - kind of like people - which is what they are, or course - only human audacity is big enough to reclassify an entire race as evil just cause they are different than stupid humans - when i think of what humans have done, it makes me ashamed to be one, and i am glad i found my spiritual self, which we all have, and is not human - the separate sense of self is what separates us from the animals, and when examined gives 'the eyes of the soul'

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jul 2 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Jul 2 2010, 10:03 AM) *

or it could have just been the trauma of the ant bites causing the ants to be represented as some sort of demon - the mind blows things out of proportion occasionally

Didn't even think of that. :-)

And yes, not all "demons" are evil, I think.

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Kath
post Jul 2 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Jul 2 2010, 10:03 AM) *

i agree with kath and i'd go to sleep on the ground, or at least lay there, pumped up on caffeine and numb as a stone with licorice root (the only way i could lie on hard ground with this arthritis) - maybe i'd even bring a treat for the demon, if it showed up - some demons are cool, some are crazy and some are just plain - kind of like people - which is what they are, or course - only human audacity is big enough to reclassify an entire race as evil just cause they are different than stupid humans - when i think of what humans have done, it makes me ashamed to be one, and i am glad i found my spiritual self, which we all have, and is not human - the separate sense of self is what separates us from the animals, and when examined gives 'the eyes of the soul'

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ Jul 2 2010, 01:00 PM) *

Didn't even think of that. :-)

And yes, not all "demons" are evil, I think.

You know, the ants explanation is a really sound thought. I didn't think of that either, but that fits awfully well.
Just out of curiosity, before sleeping, did anyone in your group mention anything about ants being attracted to smell, or make some idle figurative comment involving throwing the ants "off your scent"? statements like these can manifest in dreams.

It is an amazingly detailed dream though, with some odd content.

As for "not all demons are evil"... that's kinda a double whammy of a statement. "Demon" is a word invented by the christian church, it's a butchery of the latin Daemon, which is a translation of the greek Daimon ( δαίμων ). Originally Daimon was a 'catch all' term to describe beings which didn't fall into the most popular categories (humans and gods). It included demigods, human heroes & kings, nymphs, sprites, sirens, monsters, lamiai, empousai, immortals of every flavor, etc. etc. etc. The term is actually very similar to the word "Fae", and could easily be construed to include people like the catholic saints. But because it was a catch all term for 'spiritual wildlife' which was external to christianity's dogma, they chose to adapt the term as a label for 'evil spirits', and then later as a term for 'fallen angels'. It is no coincidence that the word "demonize" means to unjustly characterize something as 'very negative'. Granted, some daimons were quite dangerous, for example you wouldn't want to go hug Scylla or an empoousa. But I mean, Hercules would be considered a "daimon", and a greek looking at christianity from outside it's dogma would likely even categorize Jesus as a daimon.

So yeah, just the word "demon" is itself sort of a statement by the church of "we didn't invent it, therefore it's EVIL™ !".

And then the word "evil" itself... its a sort of linguistic brainwashing tool. It channels peoples' thinking into a black & white view of the universe, with an epic struggle between good and evil. When the reality is that the universe simply 'is', it doesn't have a dualistic top and bottom to it. And "evil" is really just a word to describe something you strongly dislike, and then imagine that your perspective is the final word on absolute truth in the universe. So it's no longer just something you dislike, its something the universe should dislike, because your perspective is sooo enlightened, the "really real truth"... Its the sort of egocentric thought process which enables notions like racism.

So demon is a word which originally just meant "non-human, non-god", which was twisted in meaning in order to ostracize non-christian mythos. And evil is a word which presumes one's own opinions and dislikes to be the definitive absolute truth in the universe. Which makes the phrase "evil demon" sort of a double-stacking of human ignorance and audacity.

That said, I do sometimes use the word "demon" to describe entities which behave in a "highly unfriendly" manner, just to keep communication with other humans 'simpler'.

None of which is actually why I would go out and sleep on the ground. Basically if an entity had a beef with me, I wouldn't want to leave something like that hanging over me. I would want it sorted out one way or the other, right away. Upon meeting such an entity (and I have met numerous entities which were hostile over the years), I would engage it with diplomacy. Diplomacy being something which can be adjusted greatly as the situation requires. It begins with asserting non-reactionary overtures to redirect the exchange in the direction you prefer. But if necessary it could result in subtle conflict, or as I would call it "aggressive diplomacy". And if absolutely necessary, open conflict. Really though, it rarely comes to that.

Fear is not a vibratory state which I choose to exist in. Caution is fine, fear is an emotional waste of energy, and it's very self-crippling. I would not postpone an encounter out of 'fear'. To my thinking that would just be an act of procrastination and/or cowardice. And when engaging the unfriendly entity, I would not indulge in something like fear then either. To do so would only spurn things on, in a direction contrary to my aims. Any fear at all would stimulate a predatory being, or embolden an antagonistic one. It would have an effect directly opposite of my diplomatic aims.

It would likely also be necessary to understand that an unfriendly entity might try to "instill" fear by way of a sort of energetic-empathic attack. I like to call this a "BOO!". It is common that you can't begin serious diplomacy with an unfriendly entity, until after you demonstrate to it that you're utterly unaffected by their 'boo', giving no reaction, neither in the form of fear nor hostility. Then you can engage the entity on a more adult level.

And by the way, I'm not talking about some sort of struggle to "be brave in the face of fear". I'm talking about "being un-phased".

Granted a few entities are very dangerous, even physically dangerous. But that doesn't really change anything. It's still pointless to cower. Actually beyond pointless, cowering encourages a bad outcome. The potential for actual danger, rare as it may be, is part of the reason why open conflict should be a last resort. The other part being that humans are prone to being dicks, and it's just a nice gesture to not be a dick towards an entity. Some entities are afflicted with a general dislike of humanity, and often this is because they simply never met a human who changed their mind. And if (and this would be ridiculously rare) the entity is just dead set on hostility, then it's better not to hide from it. Like most predators, the last thing you want to do with it is 'run away'. Cuz I'll give you a hint, you can't hide from an entity. If an entity is aware of your energy signature, then it can find you anywhere, almost instantaneously. I mean, I could, why couldn't an entity? Distance and place are not particularly relevant concepts when it comes to incorporeal existence, magick, etc. No two things are precisely speaking "separate". Which is yet another reason to find ways to get along.

But i'm really liking the ant theory, I'm laying 20:1 odds that's what inspired the dream.

This post has been edited by Kath: Jul 2 2010, 04:04 PM

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Anoxi Berista
post Jul 29 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #8

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

HI everyone thanks for all the reply's i really enjoyed reading them and i feel more positive about this now, it did occur to me that having been stung by the ants may have some involvement, i would even go so far as to say that the collective hive mind whose home i invaded by accident may have retaliated but i cannot say for certain that ants would go that far to scare some transient traveller, but it is something i had in the back of my mind, as far as the other guys i was working with none of them knew about the ants it was'nt something i mentioned, but they did wonder why i moved my tent.

I don't tend to have dreams of this nature i have dreams involving future events many of which have come to happen, i write my dreams down as the more unusual ones with lots of vivd strange or unnerving content usually happen a year to two years after i've had the dream, but i am quite a contented happy person on the whole and i know the subconcious still plays out our anxietys when we sleep but on this particular occasion i was going home the day after and that always makes me happy and excited because i don't get home all that much, which is why i felt kind of unsure about it, and usually my dreams are about family or events, like looking after my brothers dog, mundane stuff.

The best example is the dream i had about my husband, i dreamt i was on a stony beach the sky was blue and the sea was blue too, i was watching my husband swim out to sea and i saw large wave coming towards him carrying a log, i shouted out to him that the wave was coming *look out* i cried but he was too far away to hear me, the log hit him on the head and he was knocked out, i cannot swim, but i waded into the water to try and catch his body which was washed back toward the beach, i pulled him out of the water and laid him on the beach on his back and gave him the kiss of life and he started to cough up water and come round. the day after when i spoke to my husband i told him about the dream he was amazed as he had been having a bath that night, had got out of the bath feeling a bit faint, and had then fainted and woke up a few minutes later on the bathroom floor wondering what had happened to him, our bathroom at the time was blue and the floor is wooden, so i am not naturally surprised anymore by some of the things i dream about.

I agree with the definitions for demon i have no doubt that, that word in itself is a generalisation for all flora and fauna deemed unnatural by the christian church, of which i have never been a part, i do not associate the word with a generalised evil it is just what was said in the dream, i did consult a friend from singapore and he agreed that the detail was amazing i had described a chinese herbalists exactly, but he had never been to hong kong so could not say what the place looked like, he did say though that the chinese believe in the soul that wanders and that peoples souls travel to places they want to go to when the person is asleep, which i felt was a lovely way of explaining out of body experiences.

I have been involved with natural magic since i was about 8 years old after i was given a new testament bible to take home from school, after reading some of it i realised that this was'nt for me and that i loved the woods and nature and only felt connected to that a few days later i saw what i can only describe as a gargoyle type figure under my bed and i knew that gargoyle was a product of all the hate, spite, malice and twisted logic and negativity created by my family, after that experiance i was different somehow and it seemed that everyone else knew it and i did'nt fit in anywhere anymore, i had alot of nightmares from then on which stopped around the age of 16 when my father died. i did try some clearing spells and put up some banishing symbols in my house.

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Jul 29 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #9

Light Wielder
Group Icon

First of all, sorry about that dream!!! Those suck, been there, done that. My recommendation would be similar to Kath's - I would deal with it then and there. I'm just way less friendly than her - I would put up some shielding and kick that thing's ass without hesitation. Additionally, if you were influenced in dreams, work on lucid dreaming and you may be able to shift your dreamscape enough that you can trap and destroy it within your own mind. One lucid dreaming technique I would recommend is to listen to music when you sleep. Once you start dreaming if the song changes the song will start playing in your dream completely randomly, which always alerts me so that I do what I want.

Hope it helps!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000002.gif)

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Jul 29 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #10

Unregistered

Anoxi~

Your dream's pretty interesting. What do you feel demons come from? In fact, what are, demons at the core? Are they vicious, malignant entities, crafted by the source to test us? What exactly do you feel demons are?

+Quote Post

SharkLover
post Oct 14 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

you already meet demons TWO of them who wanted to give you TEA (FACT) (I SAY POISON) you did right not to drink it
dont be paranoid (they LOVE to do this) why ? they love to scare you (fact) dont get easily manipulated ^^
THEY WANT TO KILL YOUR MIND ... ^^ Its just a dream (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) not real . They cant do a SHIT . (FACT)

--------------------
http://delightearth.weebly.com

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse