Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Very Strange Dream!
NetherSpirit
post Sep 4 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I had a dream in which there was someone who I apparently knew in the dream but seems to be a mix of various people I know or have met, who was carrying a large white stone jar. I knew that if this jar was opened there would be a huge disaster and that it seemed to contain green glowing souls or something similar. The jar was briefly opened so that these souls or whatever they were were visible, but it wasn't open wide enough or long enough for the huge disaster to start.

There were other people there, again I seemed to know them in my dream but I can't actually recognise all of them, and we were all trying to stop the guy with the jar from opening it, and at one point I had the jar and he stole it off me, and other people got it and he stole it off them, but it was all very blurred and often I was watching it from a rather awkward angle (which was often "zoomed in" a lot too), so I didn't see a lot of what was going on.

Any ideas on what this could all mean? I'm wondering if the jar could be representative of the brass vessel of Solomon and the green souls inside then representing the Goetia or other trapped spirits; but then it could also possibly represent things/problems/worries in my life "escaping", so to speak.

Sorry for the lack of detail and the relatively incoherent series of events, but that's all I can remember seeing in the dream!

Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

This post has been edited by NetherSpirit: Sep 4 2010, 01:06 PM

--------------------
Know thyself...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Sep 4 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Actually this sounds like this dream might not be significant but just an ordinary dream, since it seems it was unfocused/unclear. But if it did have strong emotional emphasis then it cancels out what I just said. It it didn't, then it may just be a dream you happened to remember. Generally I try to find universal symbols as best I can when people tell their dreams but I'm not getting that vibe here. Can you say if anything specific had any strong emotional values, or what interactions seemed extremely important at the time despite possibly seeming silly once you woke? I haven't heard about dreams that are significant where the viewer is in and out of focus. And I have a hard time believing that even in the course of the dream the unconscious would incorporate difficulties like that into it- usually it would create vividness even if you were shown as doing something where you might be hazy. For example you might be knocked out with someone that has a heavy pipe but you should remember and feel it very clearly, quite different from real life where you could easy be knocked into a hazy state.

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: Sep 4 2010, 05:59 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Sep 4 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

The main focus of the dream was the jar containing the glowing green souls, which was depicted extremely clearly and vividly, and I had a strong feeling that the souls in it should not be released and that releasing them would lead to a huge disaster.

There was a strong sense of fear throughout a lot of the dream, and worrying about the safety of people I care for if the jar were to be opened and the spirits in it set free. As for important interactions, there was a part where I managed to get the jar off the guy who had it and I was desperately trying to keep it away from him; I couldn't really see a lot of what was actually going on though, as throughout the whole sequence the dream was focused on the jar.

Before going to sleep I was looking at the seals of three spirits I've been trying to find information about for a while but have had very little luck with, perhaps the dream could be related to that in some way?

If it helps, the jar was large, very pale grey (almost white) stone, with small chunks missing, a lid which sat on top, and there was something distinctly draconic about it, I think there was an image of a dragon's head on the lid.

I hope that helps! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

†§L£ÅŽ£!†
post Sep 13 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(NetherSpirit @ Sep 4 2010, 06:20 PM) *

The main focus of the dream was the jar containing the glowing green souls, which was depicted extremely clearly and vividly, and I had a strong feeling that the souls in it should not be released and that releasing them would lead to a huge disaster.

There was a strong sense of fear throughout a lot of the dream, and worrying about the safety of people I care for if the jar were to be opened and the spirits in it set free. As for important interactions, there was a part where I managed to get the jar off the guy who had it and I was desperately trying to keep it away from him; I couldn't really see a lot of what was actually going on though, as throughout the whole sequence the dream was focused on the jar.

Before going to sleep I was looking at the seals of three spirits I've been trying to find information about for a while but have had very little luck with, perhaps the dream could be related to that in some way?

If it helps, the jar was large, very pale grey (almost white) stone, with small chunks missing, a lid which sat on top, and there was something distinctly draconic about it, I think there was an image of a dragon's head on the lid.

I hope that helps! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

I have a say in this.

1. To me, the dragon and the stone jar sounds highly alchemic, meaning pure energy being contained in a small vessel. The vessel as being a seal to enormous powers that could swallow everything up.

2. I have had a vivid experience with "green glowing souls" on a psychedelic trip, it was endless, I was sort of floating in an endless sea of glowing green, and I was able to command these things sort of at my will, probably because of the pure ecstasy I was in. They were glorifying me, but in the form of horrible abominations, for example, from out of the green muck would sprout an abomination with 24 eyes, monthrous teeth, and grueling claws. But they would add to my morbid ecstasy. it's almost incomprehensible.

I don't know what significance this is to your dream, but it seems awfully familiar to me.

From what I gather, these spirits are one, and made of ragingly pure energy like a dragon. I think I have been inside of that vessel. It's strange that you had a dream like this because I thought I would never hear of this abomination again.

Which spirits were you studying the seals of? I think I want to get in touch with this phenomenon again, if it's possible, it's pure ecstasy.

--------------------
I hear Khephra's mighty droning from afar,
His mighty wings high upon a northern Star,
"How long must I suffer, how must I pent?"
And I recieved an answer; "conquer all, my beloved brother, God-sent."

"Only then ye be free of your enemies,
Grossly, heavy, ruddy, and brute,
Thou must join us in Mighty Work
So quicken thyself and behold the Absolute."

Brushing myself off, I took up a Garment,
Seven-fold in essence,
Celestial in root.

"I have become reborn, oh God the Author.
I have glimpsed Thy Veins, Thy Marrow, Thy Face,
I have performed Thy Miracle,
I have obtained Thy Red Lion, from the muck of Thy Vase!"

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Sep 13 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

well I can't make heads or tails of this. I suppose I do better with more mundane dreams ha. I would like to hear what you figure out about it though

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 17 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #6

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

What I can tell you is that when we dream of containers that are carrying something that represents something we are holding back or have repressed. What's actually in that container could be anything from how you felt when you lost a beloved pet to how you felt when you had your first major break up. It could be minor it could be major. When dealing with such symbols I have a useful tool is to draw as close as I can a representation of that symbol and then meditate upon it. Ask your self questions like what really is inside that jar? What will really happen if you open it?

By feeling like opening the jar you would be releasing havoc whatever is inside that jar is probably pretty scary. But how scary depends on what actualy is in it. If its from your childhood it might represent a fear of say spiders or otherwise just be something blown out of proportion. What is certain, whether pertaining to your past, present or future, that that vessal is a container of emense personal power - be it in the form of emotions, memories, thoughts, desires, inner demons, anxieties or a combination of these things.

As far as the fuzzy people in your dreams, when dealing with people in out dreams I prefer to use typology. The typology of dreams looks at people as being part of the psyche of the dreamer, not seperate from him/her. And there are countless "types" of people that can appear in our dreams. Some use the major arcana of the tarot to symbolize different types of dream figures. You can use the zodiac (western or eastern) you can use saints or dieties from a given mythos. You can even invent your own archetypal roles for your own dreams. Which is advantageous because that way you are personalizing the people within your dreams on a deeper level.

When you dream of people who are hazey or have no clear message or may even be frightening that is a form of the shadow self. The shadow self represents aspects of your mind that you are not always consciously aware of (intentionally or not). In that respect the shadow self is unknown but not unknowable. Again through meditation or other forms of trance work you can access a more direct link to your dream symbols and get a clearer picture by asking these shadows to reveal themselves. Sometimes something that may seem pretty scary is actually pretty rewarding when you finally figure out what it means.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Laila
post Dec 7 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

i have one dream of flying dragon after someone say he will gonna kill me lol XD
plus some where starting to laugh hmm :/ than someone dont know who came down with white clothes with long black hair hmm :/

--------------------
http://marsskarlet.weebly.com/

photo GodLucifer_zps72c53be8.png
Was and stay loyal :D to my father..teacher..master...guide.......God.....

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse