Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Cant Remember!
grim789
post Dec 16 2011, 07:53 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok so i have been keeping a dream journal but as most of you know here you do not dream all at once you dream in sections. So this is my problem i was dreaming and the first dream i had i woke up and was going to write it down but i was so into the dream i did not want to wake up and it go away. So i fell back to sleep having had another couple of dreams once i woke i could not remember the first one or any of them. Now normally i can remember them whenever i wake up and immediately write it down. Well ill get to the question i feel like i am rambling. I was wondering how some of you go about remembering your dreams? I will keep repeating i will remember my dreams when i wake while i am going to sleep. But i would like to try some other methods to better improve. Thanks for any help.

Peace

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Dec 16 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(grim789 @ Dec 16 2011, 08:53 AM) *

Ok so i have been keeping a dream journal but as most of you know here you do not dream all at once you dream in sections.

Now normally i can remember them whenever i wake up and immediately write it down, i had i woke up and was going to write it down but i was so into the dream i did not want to wake up and it go away.

So i fell back to sleep having had another couple of dreams once i woke i could not remember the first one or any of them.

You're speaking to a larger question than you're asking. It is a point worth pondering that you know you were supposed to get up to record the dream, remembered to do so, but were "so into the dream i did not want to wake up and it go away". Anyone on this forum can rattle off a half dozen methods to go about it - in fact I think we already have - but as long as you still find more pleasure in having your dreams than you do in recording them you won't make any progress. They are only dreams; pretty fragments of thought, fun to look at, sometimes informative, but then so are those news programs with the flashing animations all over the screen. Would you ever get so into the news you forgot what it was you were watching it for? Remember its only a dream, the experience is not as important as bringing back something worth the trip. Besides, once you get good enough with it you can pick up right where you left off, after you record the dream, the next night or whenever.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Dec 19 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

I think this should be done over time as you get better. Having a dream journal is a pain anyway I think. If you wake up after having a dream continue to think about the entire dream and review it, making sure to actually see the dream as it happened. Dreams do not typically operate with long term memory, they operate with short term memory. When you wake up you need to quickly transition the memory into long term storage by recalling it. Anywhere from one to five minutes max should be fine.

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse