Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Had A Terrible Nightmare
VioletCalla
post Mar 28 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I tend to dream very vividly, even before I was conscious of that which I was dreaming, or even conscious of the fact that many of my dreams are, in fact, prophetic in nature. I'll give myself a grace period, say, two weeks or so after I dream something just to see if it happens.

Last night I dreamt something terrible and I have no clue what exactly happened or where it came from. I cannot remember the beginning. All I do remember was that this entity possessed the bodies of my dear friends and my relatives and lashed out at me, and I was forced to attack them all one by one to save myself.

Lately, I feel as if I have not been in the best of moods, and had some anxiety. This COULD be attributed to it. But what gets me freaked out is the nature of my dreams to predict future events. After a dream, I always look at the world around me. I immediately notice that which is relevant to what I have experienced. I'm not sure if this does more harm than good, but I noticed a hearse on the way home from work, and I got a bit freaked out.

I'm trying to piece together the fuzzy details of the dream. But it's really difficult. What's even more difficult is, I'm not sure what any of this means. I don't want to ask if I've been hexed or not, because quite frankly, I don't really think I know anyone who practices. But what does this mean?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

VioletCalla
post Mar 29 2013, 06:10 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Okay, SO, had ANOTHER nightmare. This nightmare involved me being stalked by something. Me and someone I care about very much. Not as scary as most nightmares go, and I've had worse. Today, I woke up with a bruise on my upper arm that feels kinda big, but it's under the skin. I was lugging around heavy things yesterday, but the thing is, I doubt anything could have hurt me and I don't remember hurting myself. Don't want to project too much real world BS into this. But the timeframe in me lugging things around doesn't match up with the timeframe I'm currently feeling the bruise.

Okay. This is a bit odd. Very unsettling.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Mar 29 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Several people I have known personally have had the tendency to manifest physical symptoms very rapidly as a reaction to very negative thoughts - emotionally charged, not just 'bad'. My reiki instructor to this day will get bruises and cuts if she sees someone struck or cut. Sometimes if she gets the sense that someone has experienced terrible violence, she'll manifest injuries spontaneously that correspond to the places they were hurt the most.

It's possible there is simply a very strong connection between your mind and body. This started happening to my teacher when she was in her late twenties. be observant but as objective as possible, and look for correlations so that if you are having prophetic dreams you can start learning the language. It's not always very direct, but it is very often consistent.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

VioletCalla
post Mar 30 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for that. I've actually never heard of physical symptoms manifesting in that way. I know that I have had severe stress which causes pain in my body, but the pain only causes more stress, which only causes more pain. The only issue is...I've never had large BRUISES as a result of this. This is a very first time experience, although frightening. At least I know I'm not being attacked by something in my sleep. These are pretty big bruises for something that's manifest.

Not noticing anymore correlations. I'm guessing this was an isolated incident. I managed to go on a quick spiritual journey and clear myself of any negativity and had an absolutely dreamless sleep. At least dreamless in that I don't remember anything at all. No news is good news, i suppose.

OT, going to research all I can about reiki now. Thanks!!

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Mar 31 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(VioletCalla @ Mar 30 2013, 09:13 PM) *

Thanks for that. I've actually never heard of physical symptoms manifesting in that way. I know that I have had severe stress which causes pain in my body, but the pain only causes more stress, which only causes more pain. The only issue is...I've never had large BRUISES as a result of this. This is a very first time experience, although frightening. At least I know I'm not being attacked by something in my sleep. These are pretty big bruises for something that's manifest.

Not noticing anymore correlations. I'm guessing this was an isolated incident. I managed to go on a quick spiritual journey and clear myself of any negativity and had an absolutely dreamless sleep. At least dreamless in that I don't remember anything at all. No news is good news, i suppose.

OT, going to research all I can about reiki now. Thanks!!

If you have an interest, my own article about reiki is here: http://thousandpetalsmassage.com/reiki_article.php

There are three kinds of dreams: wish fullfillment, prognostication, and venting.

The first kind are dreams where you get to act out or do the things that you want to do, and sometimes serve as well to alleviate the stress of not being able to do what we want, not getting what we want, etc.

The second kind are the mind's attempt to predict and prepare for the future. For the vast majority of people these dreams are all based on past experience, a matter of unconscious calculation as to the outcome of events, and usually take place when we are afraid of something, looking forward to something, etc. If our mind is focused on a future event we'll often have these dreams. For people who are a bit more open and sensitive, sometimes the content of the dreams is drawn from the unconscious information drawn from a slightly higher plane, and we get reflections of events that are in motion but haven't happened yet, or we dream of likely possibilities. The same thing can happen in wish fullfillment dreams, when we dream of being with someone and later find out that they dreamed of us as well. Me and the gentleman I'm seeing lately seem to be very in tune to one another and have shared dreams twice in the three weeks I've been seeing him. I don't often dream of the future, but it has happened a few times in my life. I think most people get them once in a while, especially when they pick up what I call 'emotional temporal resonance' - an emotional event in your life so strong that it resonates along your timeline like ripples because of the 'loudness' of the event on a higher dimension of our being where time isn't linear. We can encounter those ripples especially in dreams, but also in meditation and other altered states of consciousness. For instance, the strongest prophetic dream I ever had was of the death of loved one, and this is a very common version because the emotional impact is so heavy.

The last kind, venting dreams, are the jibber jabber of the unconscious, and often don't make sense. WHen they do, they are often somewhat cathartic because what is actually happening is that the mind is ejecting material that is causing conflict in the unconscious mind. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it isn't - what your unconscious mind considers 'conflict' just means that there is strong, older pattern conflicting with newer and therefore weaker one. The stronger one can still be negative in the sense that it isn't healthy for you, and your mind can vent the healthy one instead. These dreams are usually less symbolic, and it is more difficult to remember them.

Any dream that you can very clearly remember in the morning is most likely either a wish fulfillment dream or a prognostication dream, as these are examples of your unconscious attempting to fulfill or establish behavior patterns for storage, or you could even say, planning purposes. But of course, just because you don't remember any dreams, doesn't mean you didn't have all three in a night. Normally, we do have all three, in the order referenced - wish fulfillment, prognostication, then venting.

neat stuff!

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Laila
post Dec 2 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

i dreamed that i was cutting my dog with saw or knife but is weird i would never do that plus two looking same guy where sitting on chair which i didn't know who that was ?

This post has been edited by Laila: Dec 2 2013, 04:49 PM

--------------------
http://marsskarlet.weebly.com/

photo GodLucifer_zps72c53be8.png
Was and stay loyal :D to my father..teacher..master...guide.......God.....

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse