Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Forum Suggestions, Post your thoughts and opinions here
+ Kinjo -
post Apr 4 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

We attempt our best to cover ranges of topics and subjects related to the esoteric and we'd very much like to hear your suggestion on how we can better improve our forums.

Post your suggestions here.

- Do we need an Alchemy Forums? Enochian? Pagan?
- What other forums/subforums do you suggest?

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Nightwind
post Apr 8 2005, 07:29 AM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

Dadgum son, this is one of the most complete internet libraries dealing with magic that I have ever come across, keep up the good work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/worship.gif)

+Quote Post

animus
post Apr 22 2005, 06:50 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

the site is really nice, and so is the forum, however (and i might be wrong) .. the site seems a bit outdated, especially when you read what's recently been updated (not the forum) it hasnt got any posts from 2005 =)

--------------------
-----BEGIN MAGIC CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 1.5.1
MCM X P W N !D A a+ C G QH++ 666 Y
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------

"And if rain brings wind of change let it rain on us forever."

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Apr 22 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #4

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I posted all updates in the forum now and I thought I've wrote that on the last comment I've made on that page (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

mediocracy
post Apr 27 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #5

GONE
Group Icon

Would people like to have a drugs/chemegnosis/entheogens sub forum in The Hive?

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 5 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #6

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'm new this site .... I'd put The Path Of Cheth in Alta Vista search engine (I'm writing a book "Cabala For Dummies") as I was looking for as much info as I could about Cheth .... and one of the earlier searches was this site .....

Ironic .... I was researching the The intelligence of the house of influence, by the greatness of whose abundance the influx of good things on created beings is increased, and from its midst by investigation are drawn forth the arcana and hidden senses, which dwell in its shadow, and which cling to it, from the cause of all causes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif) The Path Text for the Path Of Cheth .... describes the situation well eh???

THIS IS A VERY IMPRESSIVE LIBRARY OF THE ESOTERIC .... keep up the good work!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

Just wondering if you might do a 'spotlight on a member forum' .... each week one member is chosen to enter the firing line with a question and answers spot about his or her beliefs/theories/experiences???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bunnyjump.gif) No I'm not volunteering as first either!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

Is there a forum where someone can ask for spiritual guidance and a member give spiritual insight ..... Not that I need it just thought it might encourage members to practice their arts???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/snstgs7.gif) P'raps I'm dumb but just a thought ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/diablo.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/001.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/33.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post May 6 2005, 05:18 AM
Post #7

Theoricus
Group Icon

It is a discussion forum where you can discuss aspects of things you encounter or read about, but not a counselling centre, the difference can be subtle at times.

We can and do ask each other questions in our efforts to clarify and understand things, however, we cannot give guidance that may be construed as therapeutic since there may be legal implications.

I hope this answers your question.

Radiant Star

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 6 2005, 05:24 AM
Post #8

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Yes ... you have ... with me still being new to the site I was just trying to glean its 'hidden depths' .... I am not seeking a counselling service just making naive suggestions ....

But ..... a discussion forum is exactly the right tonic ... and a blody good idea ....

Keep up the good work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

+Quote Post

Luke
post May 8 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

QUOTE(| Kinjo @ Apr 4 2005, 11:53 PM)
We attempt our best to cover ranges of topics and subjects related to the esoteric and we'd very much like to hear your suggestion on how we can better improve our forums.

Post your suggestions here.

- Do we need an Alchemy Forums? Enochian? Pagan?
- What other forums/subforums do you suggest?

this is the best web site i have ever encounterd.Please keep it going for us young people who want to research but have no money for books,keep the awareness alive.

+Quote Post

bym
post May 8 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #10

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Kinjo!
Nice change in the graphics of the logo! My Patron heartily approves! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 8 2005, 07:05 PM
Post #11

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)

Good graphics

Good formats

Good discussions .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/throb.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post May 9 2005, 03:52 AM
Post #12

Theoricus
Group Icon

Oooh gold, very nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Babalon_Reborn
post May 9 2005, 04:29 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

Id like to see the post flood control reduced to about 15-30 seconds personally... As a board member I like to be able to post when I want to. If I have more than one reply to specific replies in the same thread its a bit bothersome to have to wait 60 seconds before I can reply...

Just a thought...

--------------------
The many facets of a diamond/STAR are never noticable from any one angle upon which they are viewed.

+Quote Post

Babalon_Reborn
post May 9 2005, 04:31 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

And new skins... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
The many facets of a diamond/STAR are never noticable from any one angle upon which they are viewed.

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post May 9 2005, 05:16 AM
Post #15

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(Babalon_Reborn @ May 9 2005, 05:29 PM)
Id like to see the post flood control reduced to about 15-30 seconds personally...  As a board member I like to be able to post when I want to.  If I have more than one reply to specific replies in the same thread its a bit bothersome to have to wait 60 seconds before I can reply...

Just a thought...

Done.

And new skins... 
What do you specifically suggest?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Babalon_Reborn
post May 9 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(| Kinjo @ May 9 2005, 06:16 AM)
QUOTE(Babalon_Reborn @ May 9 2005, 05:29 PM)
Id like to see the post flood control reduced to about 15-30 seconds personally...  As a board member I like to be able to post when I want to.  If I have more than one reply to specific replies in the same thread its a bit bothersome to have to wait 60 seconds before I can reply...

Just a thought...

Done.

And new skins... 
What do you specifically suggest?

gee thanks, that was expedient of you...

and I would say something with a larger base design with slightly larger font for the control links.

The "help, search, members and calendar" link font could be difficult for some members that havent got the best eye sight, so perhaps an easier font to read.

colorschemes to suit different moods and what not? just a few thoughts to really help personalize the forums for members. It may give a more favorable twist for this forum if implemented. Then again it may not. But it cant hurt anything really.

The .tar files arent that large but with new skins also comes new forum graphics unless you are so good at php or asp to be able to just play with the particular settings of this main board, then save them as different schemes. The only thing that might not be doable is graphics. ie a new logo, new thread, post, and what not. Thats where most forum server space is taken up if there are no user attachments allowed.

As you can tell I have run a few forums in the past. However I never really bothered to try and learn the asp and php coding.

Hope these are useful suggestions Kinjo... Thanks for having me aboard... BTW great job... ::: pats kinjo on the back :::

--------------------

+Quote Post

Babalon_Reborn
post May 9 2005, 05:49 AM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

also, Ive looked, but I can not for the life of me find a suggestion box for the main site...

I would like to see two PDFs added if they are available somewhere? I havent been able to find them online yet.

But I would like to see the two following works by Dion Fortune added to the PDF Library...

The Sea Priestess
Moon Magic

--------------------

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post May 9 2005, 06:19 AM
Post #18

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

On PDF addition, currently I'm depending on visitors and members contribution since I have not been out hunting for new ones for some time now. I think I've been to most out there and haven't find anything I'd like to convert. However, if you find some text you want converted, pls send the link to me.

Site suggestion box is at "mail" link, mostly I expect suggestion for the site and forum posted here so everyone can discuss it.

Colorschemes? I "could" make available one more skin selection as an alternate forum template but I will have to find one I also like and customize them before we release them. Too much work for that now but I will work on that.

BTW, front page logo updated. Will think of something to update it to something else... egyptian in nature, stones, papyrus etc... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Babalon_Reborn
post May 9 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

if you have a font in mind send it to me, Ill see what I can up with to help... I dabble in graphics. Im not the best, but Im not the worst... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So if you need me all you need do is hollar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 9 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #20

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Babs .... Dion Fortune! Yep .... good choice .... good idea ....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Aug 5 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #21

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

A "Psychology, Philosophy & Religion" forum added to the Esoteric Community Forum Category. Some posts are moved from Body, Mind & Spirit forum to there and I hope this new forum will help accomodate interesting discussion related to subjects covered on this new forum.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Nachash
post Aug 5 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #22

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(mediocracy @ Apr 27 2005, 10:25 AM)
Would people like to have a drugs/chemegnosis/entheogens sub forum in The Hive?

Mediocracy, I think a section about chemognosis and/or drugs would be very interesting. I'm growing curious about trying some psilocybes.

--------------------
They can because they think they can. Virgil

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Sep 2 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #23

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I'm planning to create a Franz Bardon's subforum either in Ceremonial Magick or Neophyte Hall forum. Since the first time I read Bardon's work last year, I always knew that this is the system for me, yet been doing a lot of other things other from seriously studying and practicing the system (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif) Having spent more times re-reading it, I think I now got more commitment to actually practice it step by step rather than jumping around chapters, and it would be very nice if any Bardon's student has a place here in this forum to get together for help and discussion.

Unless I have a lot to share/post on the planned Bardon's subforum then it is no point for me to create the Bardon subforum there, so anyone here also share the same interest and want to participate?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

bym
post Sep 2 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #24

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Kinjo,
Absolutely! I've been a Bardon student for years and would love to participate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Harkadenn
post Sep 16 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #25

Neophyte
Group Icon

This forum only needs a public chat for the members in order to be complete.

This post has been edited by Harkadenn: Sep 16 2011, 12:43 AM

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Sep 16 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #26

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Harkadenn @ Sep 16 2011, 02:42 AM) *

This forum only needs a public chat for the members in order to be complete.

We had a chat for a little while, and it never got used. If I recall, some people even tried to arrange group chats for specific times.

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Harkadenn
post Sep 17 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #27

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Sep 16 2011, 11:10 AM) *

We had a chat for a little while, and it never got used. If I recall, some people even tried to arrange group chats for specific times.

Was that chat at the top of the mian page of the forum and active to however logged in?
Here is what I'm talking about:
http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/

That's what I mean (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Harkadenn: Sep 17 2011, 01:29 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse