+Quote Post

Kath
post Jun 5 2010, 09:45 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

he didn't break it.

but he doesn't know how to fix it.

truth be told, it may not be 'fixable' anyway.

I feel sorry for the guy, it's a rotten time to be in charge. Basically he's been made captain of a ship which is sinking and burning at the same time. I think all we have really seen from him is just frantic bailing of water to keep the ship from sinking utterly at any moment. I doubt he'll be reelected, and we will likely never actually get to see if he can navigate a ship, you know, when it's not falling apart.

People often seem to forget that what occurs in the economy, foreign policy, and other sectors, are usually the after-effects of things which were set into motion long before the current political puppets were in charge. For example, much of bill clinton's economic successes are related to the "peace dividend" which was garnered by the administrations before his. And now Obama faces exactly the opposite sort of inheritance from the previous administration.

On economics, all you can really critisize obama for is not swooping in like superman and saving the day. And that may be a wildly unrealistic expectation to place upon him. I do feel somewhat let down in some areas which are not related to economics though. for example health care reform, and our continued presence in the war in iraq. I feel as though he has little to no chance of make the economy work, but he could get some 'other' things right, but he seems to be bogged down by compromise and stagnation instead.

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jun 5 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #3

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

TL;DR kath.

You got trolled by this guy.

It's already a proven fact that Obama did not "break" anything. News from all sources (except Fox, fancy that) shows that Obama didn't break anything. If anything, he was left with the economic timebomb in his hands, and the scorch is on his.

Tarry not on the scorch, nor the hands that bear them. Blame the crafter of the instrument.

Trolls piss me off!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry_pissed_off_emoticon.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Jun 5 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

I pity Obama. He seems like he genuinely believes he can do something. Reminds me of a kid who's told on Christmas day that not only does Santa not exist, but his mother also died from a Lupus reaction that morning.

+Quote Post

termsof
post Jun 8 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Jun 5 2010, 11:21 PM) *

TL;DR kath.

You got trolled by this guy.

Trolls piss me off!!

Now lets not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poster_spam.gif) this post with insults. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rant.gif)

This post has been edited by termsof: Jun 8 2010, 01:26 PM

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jun 8 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #6

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

Now lets not poster_spam.gif this post with insults. rant.gif

You're one to talk. You're spamming it with insults of a political nature. Leave politics out of this place unless it deals with religion, metaphysics, or anything of the like.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Mephilis
post May 6 2014, 04:20 AM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

I know how to fix it... Sack them all!

--------------------
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Albus Dumbledore

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse