Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Bardon, Quintscher, Musallam...does anybody know?
DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 16 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello to everybody, I'm new here!

I would like to know, whether you (in the english speaking world) know magi like Franz Bardon, Rah Omir Quintscher or Dr. Musallam.
I, of course, know them, for they have published their books in Germany, where I come from.
In my opinion, their books are some of the most important books EVER! Since most of you know "Initiation into Hermetics" written by Bardon, you ought to hear, that Quintscher and Musallam had been close friends to Bardon and studied magic together with him.
Also Quintscher and Musallam published very precious books, which complement with Bardon's.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any english translations of these books(by the way, Musallam's and Quintscher's books are very expensive and it's damn sophisticated to get them in Germany, too, BUT I got by).
I would like to offer you, to typewrite these books and translate them into English!
Bardon, Quintscher and Musallam (especially Musallam) brought the Adonism to Germany, but Bardon doesn't mention this lore in his books, which have been published in English, unfortunately.
Well, I wont recount to much now! Please tell me, whether you know them or not AND whether you are intererested in them. They had been awfully skilled magi and I would like to share their knowledge with you, merely if you are interested, for publishers demand dreadful high prices AND wouldn't translate them into English.

--------------------
Everybody who exclusively stares into the light gets blinded

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ankhofisis
post Aug 17 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I am deffinately interested in them. my email is [email protected]

Adonismus the ancient secret teaching and the adeptare two of the volunes which i would love to see in translation. if you do not have them transcribed and can scan the pages i can do the german.

thank you so much in LVX

93 93

--------------------
93 "Discover your unconditioned will (Thelema) and abide by that law of original source connection alone." (or, "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.")

93 "Holding the vibration of the original connected oneness in source (Agape) is the law of connection, by holding the vibration of the original connected oneness in source we embody the unconditioned will." (or, "Love is the law, love under will."

Your soul is identicle to god (Shiva,) perfect this very moment!

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Aug 17 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #3

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

The name but Bardon you mention in unheard of to me and I'm very interested too to read what they have to offer! and welcome to the forums!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 17 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

Now, I own the books "Zauberbibel" (content: Chartomantik, Astrologie, Oniromantik, Magie, Chiromantik, Alchimie, Nekromantik. In general you can't buy the complete book, for it had been published merely once as a complete book in 1980. Now, the publishers sell each single chapter and claim about 30€=40$. If you wanted to buy the whole book, you would have to pay about 180€) and "Der Adept" (there are just 500 copies, 55€). These two books are from Musallam. They teach some magical realms of the Adonismus. Unfortunately, I haven't typewrited them yet.

I also own "Adonistisch - moralischer Lehrbrief" Number 1-5 and "Denurische Schriften" as pdf files. Quintscher wrote them and teaches the lore of the Adonismus with them. Actually I could upload them right now! But, however, they are still in german (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif) .

If you understand german, you will be able to order all the other books of them in Germany, too, for they have also written many other very good books, which explain and teach the Adonismus
Here is a very good link, even though this publisher is very small and expensive(buts it's the best!!).

Magwis

Schleierwelten - Adonismus

Schleierwelten - Shop

There are also very good offers if you look at ebay. BUT, of course, you have to go to ebay.DE not .COM *lol*.

Sorry if my stile of writing is a little confusing, I give my best*g*.

It will still take a lot of time until I can upload "Zauberbibel" and "Der Adept", for I still have to typewrite them. But the letters of Quintscher are already available.
I will also try to get all the other books sooner or later. But while you'll surf through the links I gave you, you'll may discover some other interesting stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

bym
post Aug 17 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #5

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings DECEPTORMENDAX!
Welcome to the Forum! You have placed temptation in front of me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
The idea of getting to read some (or all) of these writings is very alluring!
I don't read German well but have a good friend who does. Of course, any translations you'd care to offer....? Perhaps we can barter for the writings, making it worth your while? I've studied Bardon now for quite a number of years. There are so many occult writings available in German that are completely unknown to us in America. *sigh* I hope that you will enjoy the site! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Tyday
post Aug 17 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Cool DECEPTORMENDAX!!! I've read the english translation of "Magic of the Will" - volume one of "Denurische Schriften"( Denuric letters) by Quintscher, and it is pretty good. Not too sure about the life philosophy but the 5 or so pages of exercises are really good! If you could translate his magic apprentice papers 1-5 as well I would be really happy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...

+Quote Post

DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 18 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

I do really care to offer you the translations of Musallam's and Quintscher's books. You merely need a little patience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) . It's already a big advantage to me to translate the texts for you since I need to practice english translation for my university-entrance diploma*lol*.
I'd really like to barter the texts! What do you have to offer? How will I be able to make the pdf files available? Where am I supposed to send them to?

@bym: Which other german books are you longing for? I own "a few" of them...if you told me which ones, I would look up if I have them.

@Tyday: Okay, I'll start out to translate Quintscher's letters at once...I'll tell you once in a while, how much translation is already done.

If somebody would be so nice and could correct the texts, you could share them with everybody else! Maybe we could spread the knowledge of Quintscher and Musallam also in the english speaking world...that would be a great advantage for many serious magicians!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Athena
post Aug 18 2005, 08:38 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Oh PLEAESE do translate them!! I have read exerpts from some of them when a friend would translate a bit here and there, and it has just made me all the more curious and wanting to read the entire books!
Any help that you need with editing, or hosting, or getting them published etc., just let me know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Speaking of German books, have you read the German translation of the Abramelin the mage book? There is someone who is supposed to release it in English, but who knows how much longer that will take <sigh> A lot of the squares are different, it is stated as a year and a half operation, etc. etc., many differences, damn that Mathers LOL.

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 18 2005, 11:11 AM
Post #9

Initiate
Group Icon

Well, I've been reflecting once again and came to the decision, that you are to choose, with which book I have to begin. There are different possibilities.

Musallam:

1.1.Zauberbibel (whole)

1.2.Zauberbibel (single self-sufficient chapters):

-Chartomantik (how to read the cards properly)
-Astrologie(astrology)
-Oniromantik (analysis of dreams)
-Magie(magic)
-Chiromantik(reading the lines of the hands)
-Alchimie(alchemy)
-Nekromantik(how to summon the spirit of dead people)

2.Der Adept (12 steps how to become an adpet)

Quintscher:

3.apprentice papers 1-5
4.Denurische Schriften

This is everything I can offer at the moment...so please choose!

@Athena: No, I haven't read it. Is it good? What's the content?

This post has been edited by DECEPTORMENDAX: Aug 18 2005, 11:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Athena
post Aug 18 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

Well I definatly vote for the Quintscher (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Whichever one is more based on magic first <g> I will even help edit the English if you wish, on the Quintscher ones that is, as I am interested in reading them.

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Tyday
post Aug 19 2005, 02:36 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

"-Nekromantik(how to summon the spirit of dead people)

2.Der Adept (12 steps how to become an adpet)"

I've never heard of Musallam before...but now I am interested and want his texts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilB.gif) .

Anyway, as I said I've got the pdf of "magic of the will" (Denu Val Gumas) by Quinstcher in english. It is a ridiculously hard to find file - I surfed for 2 hours looking for a link to it but was unsuccessful. I'll upload it if anyone is anxious to read some of this guys work before DECEPTORMENDAX does the dishes. Anyone got any idea how I can upload the file to OF?

Edit: man that evil banana looks gay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

This post has been edited by Tyday: Aug 19 2005, 04:19 AM

+Quote Post

DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 19 2005, 05:03 AM
Post #12

Initiate
Group Icon

Oh very well, so I don't have to translate "magic of the will". I started just now to translate "adonistic - ethnic certificate of apprentice number 1". I guess It'll take me about a week to translate the whole text of the first letter. It containes 22 pages. I'll presumably translate 3-5 sheets every day ( I'm very lucky that I have summer holydays*g*).
The two books of Musallam's I've ordered are to arrive not later than tomorrow.
To be straightforward, I would prefer to translate Musallam's books first since he gives good practical advices. For Quintscher the adonistic lore is more important. However, I am going to finish the first certificate of apprentice before I will start with Musallam.

If there was somebody who speaks german, I would offer to send him/her a copy of the texts, so that he/her could translate it. That would be a great help...thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post

Athena
post Aug 19 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

Hey, I didn't notice the Necromancy one, I definatly vote for that one as well! There is really only one good book (in my not so humble opinion) on the topic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
To upload the pdf just send it to Kinjo, or me for that matter and I will send it to him for you.
I am quite looking forward to the adonistic - ethnic certificate of apprentice number 1 translation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Athena

--------------------
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 19 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #14

Initiate
Group Icon

Now, I'm a little torn apart, for I want to translate everything simultaneously. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/help.gif)
No matter what, first of all I will finish the first letter of Quintscher.
Then I shall go ahead with "Nekromantik". Fortunately the single chapters of the "Zauberbibel" are self-sufficient, so I wont be coerced to translate the whole book at once.
In my opninion there's no need to offer the Zauberbibel in one piece...that makes me more flexible. "Der Adept" in contrast is one book and there's no chance to divide it.

I've already managed to translate the first five pages. Athena has yet obtained them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyday
post Aug 19 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #15

Neophyte
Group Icon

Me send the file to kinjo? Hmmm...I would have in the good old days when Kinjo paid all the fees to keep up sacred-magick and we happily downloaded files for free...*sigh* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) . How do people who don't have a credit card and are under 18, download these files? Besides, I have suspicions I downloaded the file from sacred-magick in the first place...could you check Kinjo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) ? It's called "Denu Val Gumas"("magic of the will" or the "the secret book of the builders")

Oh, and keep up the good work DECEPTORMENDAX. I'm wondering whether you enjoy translating? Is it a fun thing to do for your diploma?

Edit: oh no...really bad realization...DECEPTORMENDAX, you're not going to give these files to kinjo and sacred-magick are you? Are they going to be free translations or what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/help.gif)

This post has been edited by Tyday: Aug 19 2005, 09:35 PM

+Quote Post

DECEPTORMENDAX
post Aug 20 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #16

Initiate
Group Icon

My aim is to make the books available for everybody who doesn't speak german. That means that I shall offer the translations to everybody who wants them...for free. I will offer to upload the books at sacred-magick BUT you can also get them from me. That's just, for this makes worth my while (I can get other books).
The advantage of sacred-magick is, that the books can be found easiely there by other people. The advantage of mine is, that I offer them gratuitously(apart from you nobody knows that I offer them) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .
I hope that relieves you a little bit, Tyday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif).

It's rather interesting to translate the texts since I have to reflect each sentence, because I wouldn't change the content. If I haven't understanden the sentence before I translated it, I wouldn't be able to mirror it properly. That's almost like meditation*lol*. Now I understand each word of quintscher's.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyday
post Aug 20 2005, 04:12 AM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

Yay! I feel like a happy little boy now (with a slight masturbation obsession) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac11.gif) . Eagerly waiting to pounce on...an occult work?!

+Quote Post

Athena
post Aug 21 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #18

Zelator
Group Icon

Well I am about most way through the first 4 or 5 pages with the editing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Fortunatly the translation work of DECEPTORMENDAX is very good (better then many I have seen) and not much actual editing is needed, mostly just the odd prefix change, or grammer that does not translate over perfectly.
I will post a quote or 2 from the papers when I get over to my other computer, Quintscher has some very good quotes about magic and not slacking <g>

Athena

--------------------
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Athena
post Aug 30 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #19

Zelator
Group Icon

Just an update, we are still working on the first document and all is going well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Takes quite some time though, a few days to translate, then a few more days to edit each few pages. It is very readable however. We should be completed the first short "book* in about 2 weeks max. We will be sure to post it as an attachment here, as well as have ti available for download.

Athena

--------------------
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Caduceus
post Oct 15 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #20

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I've been looking for English translations of musallam and quintschers books for the past few days, so far with no luck. I came across this thread while I was searching, but noticed the last post was from over a year ago. Does anyone here know where I could find any of these authors books in English?

+Quote Post

Kiwi Kid
post Apr 19 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #21

Neophyte
Group Icon

Er...what happened with this?

--------------------
*~*We have eyes, but do we truly see?*~*