Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Servitor/familiar For Artistic Endeavors, some questions
CosmicInferno
post Jul 29 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

greetings all, i hope everyone is well

i have recently felt the fires of creativity burning again after a period of stagnation, i've started a number of new projects and am very happy with the way things are going

i have thought about the idea of creating a servitor/ familiar/ helper-spirit to help inspire and watch over my art projects, perhaps to teach me a thing or two. i know my art benefits when it is a part of my spiritual path and exploration

amongst my recent drawings i have been fond of a particular character that keeps popping up, i feel i might be starting to become aware of her presence, you could say the art begins to take on a life of it's own, i'm sure a lot of people are familiar with that feeling. i am interested in intentionally empowering (as i have so far through drawing) or communicating with this character in hopes she might be my imaginary art buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

getting to some questions...
when reading about working with servitors and such, it is quite often suggested that it's crucial to have well defined intentions, time frames and such, and that one is running the risk of the programming failing after time and or being unable to reabsorb the creature. my problem is, that i don't feel right about subjecting my buddy to limitation or the inevitability of getting 'dumped' once im done! am i just being silly? does it suggest the servitor model does not suit the relationship i'm after? are there ways around it or is it dangerous?

my thinking thus far has been, can a mutual relationship be maintained on the basis that her existence is at least partly dependant on mine? we are both expressions of the One, if neither of "us" ever intend to destroy the "other" can we continue to play and reflect god's beauty back at each other? i guess i feel a sense of security in the understanding it's a mutual relationship, compared to how i'd feel binding a wild creature, but i wonder if that's naive, or just my lack of magickal prowess.

as a precaution i have considered the idea that i could ask a god to watch over the creature, and should anything seem not right i could pray to the god for assistance. but should a time ever come when i want to discontinue the relationship, or she for that matter, can a servitor be 'set free' as to bypass the struggle of reabsorption, if they embody other natural or archetypal forces? for example, could a helper-elf be set free in the woods? i also wonder as in my particular situation, if through artwork the spirit has it's own place to exist and experience and less reason to want to 'rebel'

anyway i'll post some more if i think of something, but i'm all ears for any words of advice, wisdom, experience, etc. i'll continue to ride this wave, just thought it'd be worth checking what others would do should we get more serious haha. for now i'll get back to the drawing board (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wandwizard.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Casadeluna
post Jul 30 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

hmm... perhaps im no in full compy with the issue at hand, but try this thought...whatever happens will happen, your friend or foe will be with you untill your not so final hours of this life, in regard to the fact that you can't unmeet someone, or unrealize that you/they exsist.
and to clear things up, are you talking about a physical familiar or a esotericly summoned thing of sortss...? lol
i too enjoy meditation with Callista prowling in the dark around me...sometimes the best defined intention is to have no defined intentions?
peace out
III

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse