Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Guardian Archangel, Can a human have a guardian Archangel?
Spliff77
post Feb 13 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi,

I know that we have from birth a guardian Angel, but my question is can we have a guardian Archangel?

I'm asking this because a few months ago I tried through meditation to contact my guardian Angel to no avail, all I could get was the name Ariel; I tried and tried again but no contact...no feeling...nothing, and got a little sad. I pray often to him/here so I didn't give up.

Yesterday night I prayed again and managed to go into meditation with clear intent, to contact my Guardian Angel and I did it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohyeah.gif) . Much to my amazement I could see him,well al least parts...the Aura was golden and incredible, I felt the love and gave back as much as I could...sorry for the details I'm very excited about this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif). Anyway, the thing is that I ask him for his name which is...Anael he told me very clear and I asked him again in what language is this name and he said Jewish...so I asked what it meant and he said love and peace; after this experience I did a little research and Anael, also known as Ariel, is portrayed as female (which I was inclined to belief) and also that she is one of the Archangels....many things add up like my astral sign, favorite color/flowers/days I fell better, etc.

So my question again, is it possible to have a guardian Archangel? Does this mean I'm going to get in so much trouble that I will need an powerful Archangel by my side? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif) just joking.

Thank you and I hope I didn't post in the wrong place.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000002.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sasin
post Feb 20 2012, 03:18 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Spliff77 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Hi,

I know that we have from birth a guardian Angel, but my question is can we have a guardian Archangel?

I'm asking this because a few months ago I tried through meditation to contact my guardian Angel to no avail, all I could get was the name Ariel; I tried and tried again but no contact...no feeling...nothing, and got a little sad. I pray often to him/here so I didn't give up.

Yesterday night I prayed again and managed to go into meditation with clear intent, to contact my Guardian Angel and I did it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohyeah.gif) . Much to my amazement I could see him,well al least parts...the Aura was golden and incredible, I felt the love and gave back as much as I could...sorry for the details I'm very excited about this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif). Anyway, the thing is that I ask him for his name which is...Anael he told me very clear and I asked him again in what language is this name and he said Jewish...so I asked what it meant and he said love and peace; after this experience I did a little research and Anael, also known as Ariel, is portrayed as female (which I was inclined to belief) and also that she is one of the Archangels....many things add up like my astral sign, favorite color/flowers/days I fell better, etc.

So my question again, is it possible to have a guardian Archangel? Does this mean I'm going to get in so much trouble that I will need an powerful Archangel by my side? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif) just joking.

Thank you and I hope I didn't post in the wrong place.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ah the joys of bilingualism. Now I have to translate stuff... xD

There is no language called Jewish which makes me think you've elaborated on this rather than having it happen exactly as described (intentionally or not). There are several languages that could be spoken by a Hebraic angel: Aramaic, Ancient Hebrew, Modern Hebrew, Yiddish, or even some other ancient middle-eastern language.

From wikipedia:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana%C3%ABl

L'origine du prénom n'est pas univoque, plusieurs hypothèses sont formulées, mais elle s'ancre toujours dans une certaine forme de spiritualité. En effet, selon une première hypothèse, Anaël viendrait de l'hébreu et signifierait « Dieu a répondu ».
ana = a répondu
El = Dieu
Une seconde hypothèse postule plutôt une origine double. Anaël viendrait du mélange de « Hannah », qui signifie « grâce » en hébreu, et de « ael », qui signifie « ange » dans la langue bretonne.
Hannah = grâce
ael = ange
Une troisième hypothèse rejoint la précédente, mais en considérant le prénom Anaël uniquement comme un dérivé de « Anne » auquel on a ajouté le suffixe « -aël » moins pour la signification que pour donner une apparence bretonne. Cette dernière hypothèse étant répandue, le prénom Anaël se fête en même temps que le prénom Anne, le 26 juillet.
Enfin, deux hypothèses kabbalistes lient l'origine du prénom Anaël au prénom d'un ange. La première associe Anaël à Anauel, un des 8 anges de la séphira Hod (qui est dirigée par l'archange Raphaël) et de l'ordre des Beni Elohim. La seconde associe Anaël à Haniel, archange de la séphira Netzach (qu'il dirige donc) et de l'ordre des Elohim-Malkhi. Haniel est aussi un des 7 Anges de la Création dans l'angélologie juive.

The origin of the name is not univocal (unambiguous), as multiple hypotheses have been formulated, but it is always anchored in a certain form of spirituality. In effect, based on a primary hypothesis, Anaël comes from Hebrew, signifying "God answered".
Ana = Answered
El = God

A second hypothesis postulates a more dualistic origin. Anaël coming from a mix of "Hannah", which means "Grace" in Hebrew, and of "Ael" which means "Angel" in the Breton language. This second hypothesis having spread, the name Anaël is celebrated on the same day as the name Anne: the 26th of July.

Finally, two Kabbalistic hypotheses link the origin of the Anaël name to the name of an angel. The first associates Anaël to Anaeuel, one of 8 angels of the Sephira ``Hod`` (managed(?) by the Archangel Raphaël [I'm not familiar with the correct terminology for the hierarchies of such things]) and of the order of the Beni Elohim. The second associates Anaël to Haniel, archangel of the Sephira ``Netzach`` (who is the manager of this group) and the order of the Elohim-Malkhi. Haniel is also one of the 7 angels of creation in Jewish angelologie.

So based on this, your angel might not actually be an archangel at all! Where you're (or (s)he is) getting "Love" and "Peace" from is beyond me, seeing as the root of love (noun and verb) in Hebrew is "Ahav" and the word for peace in Hebrew is "Shalom". This cannot be combined to form the syllables for the name Anaël. Perhaps this is possible in more ancient dialects, but my knowledge of Hebrew is limited to modern usage (which, thankfully, bears a lot of similarities with scholarly texts).

Hopefully this helps you in your understanding. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Draw
post Feb 21 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Hi,

Well yes you can obviously because you seem to have one.
Good on ya lad. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
I'd expect that their are probably definitions an such about the rules of these sorts of things that would rule it as a impossibility tho most would say it's quite common in a sense.

Sasin; Ok, i take back what i said, lol , just ask questions.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Spliff77
post Mar 9 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sasin @ Feb 20 2012, 11:18 AM) *

Ah the joys of bilingualism. Now I have to translate stuff... xD

There is no language called Jewish which makes me think you've elaborated on this rather than having it happen exactly as described (intentionally or not). There are several languages that could be spoken by a Hebraic angel: Aramaic, Ancient Hebrew, Modern Hebrew, Yiddish, or even some other ancient middle-eastern language.

From wikipedia:http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana%C3%ABl
The origin of the name is not univocal (unambiguous), as multiple hypotheses have been formulated, but it is always anchored in a certain form of spirituality. In effect, based on a primary hypothesis, Anaël comes from Hebrew, signifying "God answered".
Ana = Answered
El = God

A second hypothesis postulates a more dualistic origin. Anaël coming from a mix of "Hannah", which means "Grace" in Hebrew, and of "Ael" which means "Angel" in the Breton language. This second hypothesis having spread, the name Anaël is celebrated on the same day as the name Anne: the 26th of July.

Finally, two Kabbalistic hypotheses link the origin of the Anaël name to the name of an angel. The first associates Anaël to Anaeuel, one of 8 angels of the Sephira ``Hod`` (managed(?) by the Archangel Raphaël [I'm not familiar with the correct terminology for the hierarchies of such things]) and of the order of the Beni Elohim. The second associates Anaël to Haniel, archangel of the Sephira ``Netzach`` (who is the manager of this group) and the order of the Elohim-Malkhi. Haniel is also one of the 7 angels of creation in Jewish angelologie.
So based on this, your angel might not actually be an archangel at all! Where you're (or (s)he is) getting "Love" and "Peace" from is beyond me, seeing as the root of love (noun and verb) in Hebrew is "Ahav" and the word for peace in Hebrew is "Shalom". This cannot be combined to form the syllables for the name Anaël. Perhaps this is possible in more ancient dialects, but my knowledge of Hebrew is limited to modern usage (which, thankfully, bears a lot of similarities with scholarly texts).

Hopefully this helps you in your understanding. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply...I'm embarrassed now, there is no Jewish language right, and I was mentioning Hebrew I suppose...I don't know I'm confused, my guardian archangel/angel doesn't want to get in contact with me any more... I don't know why :-( I repeated the same ritual with the same prayers and nothing...maybe I shouldn't have talked about this. Now I'm really sad and lonely...
I don't know about the name it's just what she answered me...Anael and when I asked her she said she stands for peace and love...I don't know...Actually don't get me wrong but I'm as confused as ever...I want to invoke her again, she is so wise and she loves me so much...
@Draw, thanks and may archangels protect you, I'm not in doubt but searching for answers...

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Mar 9 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Spliff77 @ Mar 9 2012, 04:48 PM) *

Hey,

Thanks for the reply...I'm embarrassed now, there is no Jewish language right, and I was mentioning Hebrew I suppose...I don't know I'm confused, my guardian archangel/angel doesn't want to get in contact with me any more... I don't know why :-( I repeated the same ritual with the same prayers and nothing...maybe I shouldn't have talked about this. Now I'm really sad and lonely...
I don't know about the name it's just what she answered me...Anael and when I asked her she said she stands for peace and love...I don't know...Actually don't get me wrong but I'm as confused as ever...I want to invoke her again, she is so wise and she loves me so much...
@Draw, thanks and may archangels protect you, I'm not in doubt but searching for answers...

It is possible that you imagined the experience. It is not the same thing as intentionally fabricating an experience. And I would not worry about it too much - write it down in a journal for later if you haven't already, and continue your practice. These are skills that grow with time, but they can only grow properly in an objective environment - observe your experiences, but don't become attached them. Over time as your attachment to the grandiose experience wanes, your mind will stop providing 'filler' experiences and only the genuine will remain.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Spliff77
post Mar 14 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Mar 10 2012, 12:18 AM) *

It is possible that you imagined the experience. It is not the same thing as intentionally fabricating an experience. And I would not worry about it too much - write it down in a journal for later if you haven't already, and continue your practice. These are skills that grow with time, but they can only grow properly in an objective environment - observe your experiences, but don't become attached them. Over time as your attachment to the grandiose experience wanes, your mind will stop providing 'filler' experiences and only the genuine will remain.

peace

Thank you for the advice, I will do that and after much practice maybe I will have something more clearer...

preace

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Mar 21 2012, 06:07 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

If your intention is to meditate on and evoke an Archangel, then patiently continue w/o discouragement about whether you have having some great experience or not when you sit down for this endeavor. Keep a note book and explore relevant ways to educate yourself about your interest. There is a lot of stuff out there on the Web and elsewhere about Angels, and most of it is feel-good fluffy stuff--but if that is the paradigm you need, it's not for me to judge. In magical meditation, many images may arise and it is important to not get too caught up in them. You are experiences aspects of your own consciousness and the mystical and spiritual entities that you are trying to reach will communicate with you through images and feelings that are familiar to you. That is, they do not present or name themselves as what they actually are but in way that you either expect them to or can/want to understand them as.

Ariel is an Archangel and the name is sometimes considered to be a variation of Uriel (also spelled Auriel) which was associated with the Southern quarter of space in medieval times (I think related to Ezekial's vision of the Chariot) and is now traditionally associated with the North (according to a paradigm established by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and unquestioningly adopted by the neopagan set among others). Ariel also appears in the Key of Solomon, I believe, but not in association with Uriel. Uriel means light of God

Anael is an archangel associated the planet and intelligence of Venus (also spelled Hanael) and is related to ideas about love, including romantic love.

The El part of an angel name is Hebrew for "God" The other parts of the name are sometimes from Hebrew and sometimes (if the name was created during the medieval era) a garbling of a Hebrew word and sometimes a "mashup" of foreign or mispelled words or just "barbaric" language.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Spliff77
post Mar 27 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(SororZSD23 @ Mar 21 2012, 03:07 PM) *

If your intention is to meditate on and evoke an Archangel, then patiently continue w/o discouragement about whether you have having some great experience or not when you sit down for this endeavor. Keep a note book and explore relevant ways to educate yourself about your interest. There is a lot of stuff out there on the Web and elsewhere about Angels, and most of it is feel-good fluffy stuff--but if that is the paradigm you need, it's not for me to judge. In magical meditation, many images may arise and it is important to not get too caught up in them. You are experiences aspects of your own consciousness and the mystical and spiritual entities that you are trying to reach will communicate with you through images and feelings that are familiar to you. That is, they do not present or name themselves as what they actually are but in way that you either expect them to or can/want to understand them as.

Ariel is an Archangel and the name is sometimes considered to be a variation of Uriel (also spelled Auriel) which was associated with the Southern quarter of space in medieval times (I think related to Ezekial's vision of the Chariot) and is now traditionally associated with the North (according to a paradigm established by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and unquestioningly adopted by the neopagan set among others). Ariel also appears in the Key of Solomon, I believe, but not in association with Uriel. Uriel means light of God

Anael is an archangel associated the planet and intelligence of Venus (also spelled Hanael) and is related to ideas about love, including romantic love.

The El part of an angel name is Hebrew for "God" The other parts of the name are sometimes from Hebrew and sometimes (if the name was created during the medieval era) a garbling of a Hebrew word and sometimes a "mashup" of foreign or mispelled words or just "barbaric" language.

Hi,

Thank you for this, I was feeling a bit discouraged but that only means I must study/meditate more. No the fluffy feelings are not enough I want to know more...It makes sense that they would communicate that way but in my point of view unfortunately that limits the experience and the information we might receive if we can't go beyond our limits...You have knowledge in the area as I can tell, what's your specialty? If you don't mind me asking.

Peace

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Mar 28 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Spliff77 @ Mar 27 2012, 10:32 AM) *

Hi,

Thank you for this, I was feeling a bit discouraged but that only means I must study/meditate more. No the fluffy feelings are not enough I want to know more...It makes sense that they would communicate that way but in my point of view unfortunately that limits the experience and the information we might receive if we can't go beyond our limits...You have knowledge in the area as I can tell, what's your specialty? If you don't mind me asking.

Peace

I understand feeling discouraged in magic... it happens to everyone. I would try studying and meditation more but always try to be receptive to different experiences and methods of magic. I think a lot of people expect to communicate with a spirit/travel to the astral/ dream wild visions... but then totally miss out on any chance of that actually happening because instead of being receptive they try to force a certain preconceived experience on themselves, one they already have in mind. That might not be an issue for you, but I think people sometimes don't give enough credit to how strong our ideas already are about something we haven't done.

I don't know how long it would take you to be able to do what you want with magic but it will be much longer than you like. Try exploring new branches of magic, like astrology and dream work. The important thing is to keep making progress even if you feel discouraged. Sort of like with working out, it's much better to be slow and consistent than to go super strong for a few months, get burnt out, take a few months off, then start with that super enthusiasm that will just cause you to repeat the process. Communication with spirits is advanced. It would be like someone being interested in chemistry and immediately wanting to synthesize a bunch of stuff.

We can go beyond our limits. But you probably don't know what your limits are. If you want some insight, I recommend learning astrology. Limitations are good. If we didn't have limitations we couldn't have a consciousness. Expand your consciousness if you want but be careful not to break it down either, unless you know what you're doing. Like Regardie said, the difference between Western and Eastern magic is that Eastern magic brings you to God (or the source or whatever) by removing your layers, while Western magic bring God (or the super conscious or whatever) "down" to you.

EDIT: Also other people here might feel different but my opinion is that drugs (and alcohol, weed, or sometimes even coffee!) will get in the way of the serious magician. Neptune is the planet that pretty much rules drug use (and often magic) and like all the outer planets, Neptune doesn't mess around. This isn't the part of Neptune a magician should be choosing to occur in his/her life. Thought I would mention this because of your username (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This is a natal chart of Aleister Crowly I found online, I'll assume it's accurate. Now even with a magician of his caliber look at the problem he had with Neptune:

(IMG:http://www.astro.com/tmpd/castro_2atw__.62081.17223/astro_2atw_01_aleister_crowley.62081.17223.gif)

Neptune opposite Jupiter in Scorpio with Neptune also being in a square aspect to mars in Capricorn. So while Neptune was being expanded with Jupiter, it was also being lured into likely drug use with Scorpio. Not a fun combination. If you learn astrology, you can learn how to to identity and eventually confront basic problem areas like this. But to further my argument consider this: the opposition suggests that there was tension that probably would be imbalanced on one end of the spectrum or the other. Neptune is a planet that dominates through overwhelming and dissolving. With mars square neptune, I suggest that Crowley was able to either do magic, or drugs, but not able to do both at the same time because whenever he did one it would dissolve the power to succumb to the other. Either he was drenched in magic or drenched in addiction. This is further supported by the fact that saturn, the ruler of capricorn, is in gemini, the sign of duality. And mars is the planet in capricorn, which is, as I pointed out, the planet making that difficult sqare to neptune. So mars is intensely volatile and pushing for constant switching in the nature of netpune. And the nature of Neptune is extremely physical in manifestation since both Neptune and Mars are in earth signs. When Crowly is practicing magic, mars pushes for drugs. When he uses drugs, Crowley is compelled back to magic.

Basically mars is strongly influencing the drug/magic difficulty to violently switch back and forth between magic and addiction while he struggles to represent himself as a magician and not drown in drugs (as further supported by other things that I really don't need to get into. You get the point.)

Anyway good luck with your endeavor!

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: Mar 28 2012, 12:05 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Spliff77
post Mar 29 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(☞Tomber☜ @ Mar 28 2012, 08:06 PM) *

I understand feeling discouraged in magic... it happens to everyone. I would try studying and meditation more but always try to be receptive to different experiences and methods of magic. I think a lot of people expect to communicate with a spirit/travel to the astral/ dream wild visions... but then totally miss out on any chance of that actually happening because instead of being receptive they try to force a certain preconceived experience on themselves, one they already have in mind. That might not be an issue for you, but I think people sometimes don't give enough credit to how strong our ideas already are about something we haven't done.

I don't know how long it would take you to be able to do what you want with magic but it will be much longer than you like. Try exploring new branches of magic, like astrology and dream work. The important thing is to keep making progress even if you feel discouraged. Sort of like with working out, it's much better to be slow and consistent than to go super strong for a few months, get burnt out, take a few months off, then start with that super enthusiasm that will just cause you to repeat the process. Communication with spirits is advanced. It would be like someone being interested in chemistry and immediately wanting to synthesize a bunch of stuff.

We can go beyond our limits. But you probably don't know what your limits are. If you want some insight, I recommend learning astrology. Limitations are good. If we didn't have limitations we couldn't have a consciousness. Expand your consciousness if you want but be careful not to break it down either, unless you know what you're doing. Like Regardie said, the difference between Western and Eastern magic is that Eastern magic brings you to God (or the source or whatever) by removing your layers, while Western magic bring God (or the super conscious or whatever) "down" to you.

EDIT: Also other people here might feel different but my opinion is that drugs (and alcohol, weed, or sometimes even coffee!) will get in the way of the serious magician. Neptune is the planet that pretty much rules drug use (and often magic) and like all the outer planets, Neptune doesn't mess around. This isn't the part of Neptune a magician should be choosing to occur in his/her life. Thought I would mention this because of your username (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This is a natal chart of Aleister Crowly I found online, I'll assume it's accurate. Now even with a magician of his caliber look at the problem he had with Neptune:

(IMG:http://www.astro.com/tmpd/castro_2atw__.62081.17223/astro_2atw_01_aleister_crowley.62081.17223.gif)

Neptune opposite Jupiter in Scorpio with Neptune also being in a square aspect to mars in Capricorn. So while Neptune was being expanded with Jupiter, it was also being lured into likely drug use with Scorpio. Not a fun combination. If you learn astrology, you can learn how to to identity and eventually confront basic problem areas like this. But to further my argument consider this: the opposition suggests that there was tension that probably would be imbalanced on one end of the spectrum or the other. Neptune is a planet that dominates through overwhelming and dissolving. With mars square neptune, I suggest that Crowley was able to either do magic, or drugs, but not able to do both at the same time because whenever he did one it would dissolve the power to succumb to the other. Either he was drenched in magic or drenched in addiction. This is further supported by the fact that saturn, the ruler of capricorn, is in gemini, the sign of duality. And mars is the planet in capricorn, which is, as I pointed out, the planet making that difficult sqare to neptune. So mars is intensely volatile and pushing for constant switching in the nature of netpune. And the nature of Neptune is extremely physical in manifestation since both Neptune and Mars are in earth signs. When Crowly is practicing magic, mars pushes for drugs. When he uses drugs, Crowley is compelled back to magic.

Basically mars is strongly influencing the drug/magic difficulty to violently switch back and forth between magic and addiction while he struggles to represent himself as a magician and not drown in drugs (as further supported by other things that I really don't need to get into. You get the point.)

Anyway good luck with your endeavor!

Whow... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) good post, thank you...damn I feel stupid right now there is so much knowledge and so little time. I feel like I'm in front of a crossroad with a hundred thousand ways to go but close to no knowledge about any of them.
It baffles me when people like you post and know so much, I can't understand how you got started and who guided you at first. As the saying goes when the student is ready the mentor will appear one can only wait, gain more knowledge and hope.
The nickname stuck to me from when I was younger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , I wouldn't want to combine the two anyway it doesn't seem right in many situations.
You are right about invoking without being ready, it happened to me...but I'm always precautions and I learned how to banish first. I also made a spell that worked but had the exact opposite and also a different effect, that was weird...
I read some of Crowley's work and I liked it, powerful and insightful work I find it difficult to put in practice that's all but that is due to my lack of experience. So your expertise is the Astral field? How long have you been studying?
Thank you for the encouragement I won't give up because I feel I should do this...

This post has been edited by Spliff77: Mar 29 2012, 02:13 AM

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Mar 29 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Spliff77 @ Mar 29 2012, 03:12 AM) *

Whow... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) good post, thank you...damn I feel stupid right now there is so much knowledge and so little time. I feel like I'm in front of a crossroad with a hundred thousand ways to go but close to no knowledge about any of them.
It baffles me when people like you post and know so much, I can't understand how you got started and who guided you at first. As the saying goes when the student is ready the mentor will appear one can only wait, gain more knowledge and hope.
The nickname stuck to me from when I was younger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , I wouldn't want to combine the two anyway it doesn't seem right in many situations.
You are right about invoking without being ready, it happened to me...but I'm always precautions and I learned how to banish first. I also made a spell that worked but had the exact opposite and also a different effect, that was weird...
I read some of Crowley's work and I liked it, powerful and insightful work I find it difficult to put in practice that's all but that is due to my lack of experience. So your expertise is the Astral field? How long have you been studying?
Thank you for the encouragement I won't give up because I feel I should do this...

Ah I never had a guide really but I used to send alot of PMs annoying people for advice here ha.

I wouldn't say I'm good enough at any branch to have an expertise, each branch of magic gives an advantage when pushing the boundaries on my limits with other branches. Astral work is not something I'm really good at. I tried to work with the astral but I had an experience early on beyond what I was really qualified to deal with, afterwards I felt I had to re-evaluate where I was. Since then I have learned astrology and done dream work as prerequisites. I currently am working with basic Goetia work, and making a "memory palace". After a few more months I will probably move onto astral work, once my memory palace is more developed.

If you're interesting in anything particular I'm sure either myself or anyone here would be happy to discuss it. Looking up old posts was helpful to me, particularly Vagrant Dreamer's and Imperial Art's. I have a thread right now in the evocation section that I keep updated with my Goetic evocations. I can get behind on updating it sometimes (like now) but I'll be adding new stuff as I get time and as I do it.

Anyway I have been practicing magic seriously for about three years now, it's too fun for me to give up lol. Goodluck, I'm sure you'll do fine.

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: Mar 29 2012, 03:21 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse