Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Christopher S Hyatt, Opinions
Pilgrim Child
post Nov 2 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

this may be in the wrong forum, if so apologies in advance

I would be interested to hear if people here have any experience or views on the Works of Dr Christopher .S. Hyatt.

For my part I have always been ambiguous. The fact that he appeared to be a close confidante and literary executioner for the late Dr. Israel Regardie as well as long-time publisher and associate of Robert Anton Wilson suggests that there must be something to him. However what I’ve read of his works I get the impression that there is also a whole lot of snake oil there.

The final straw came when I listened to his interview with Zehm Aloim: ‘The Magic of Israel Regardie.’ Which promises to be an in depth discussion about Regardie, Psychotherapy & Magick , Regardie on Crowley & Thelema, Regardie & Rosicrucianism, Magick & Science among other things.

In fact it’s a couple of hours of two guys sitting in a room, progressively getting more and more stoned as they chew the fat. The interviewer can’t handle his grass as well as Dr. H and by the end of the first CD it is taking him about 3mins to formulate a question, which he then forgets is a question and tries to answer himself. The whole tone of the CD is rather self-congratulatory and very little insight as to the beliefs of Regardie is given at all. All this for a mere $30! I got annoyed by it very quickly, and haven’t been able to force myself through the 2nd CD yet. Maybe it gets better, maybe someone could tell me?

The first book I bought of his though (some 10 years ago now) was ‘How To Undo Yourself With Energised Meditation’ while not by any means a great book is a Very Useful book, containing some great exercises as while as some interesting pieces. (but again padded with a lot of purile pot-shots at society’s slaves) It is a book that I am extremely grateful to have had in my collection.

So does anybody have any opinions on Dr.Hyatt ?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LitzB
post Nov 11 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Oh my god! I laughed my socks off when read your post.

I did think Hyatt was quite alternative. I've read a couple of things, Pacts with the Devil for one and DuQuette mentions him a bit but I'm a little unsure myself.

Made me laugh though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse