Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Bipolar Or Possession?
valkyrie
post Mar 14 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok so i think there was a similar thread like this before, but i can't find it so here goes.

my sister is bipolar. but she often cites a dark figure that is attached to her. I know that its a contagious delusion, but sometimes the things she says makes it sound like its a REAL spirit and i just don't know. I've gotten the feeling like she has something more than bipolar as well.

it makes me worry. a lot. but at the same time, i don't want to accept a delusion as truth, and feed her illness. i only know what information she offers up to me, because i fear questioning her would give her permission to obsess about it.

how can a person tell if, in an already abnormal psychology, there is an extra mystery force driving an illness? could it just be a thought child of her negative feelings? I wouldn't go as far as blaming a spirit for her bipolar, but certainly making it worse or feeding off of it.

And wouldn't a ritual/ exorcism just make it worse, if it is just in her head? The one thing she said that really struck me as unusual was "talking about it, kinda makes me feel like it watches me more closely" and that sent a chill down my spine.

BUT if i find out something is f%!@#ing with my sister....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/diablo.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/922.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Mar 15 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I agree that you don't want to reinforce any delusions, and there are some bipolar related conditions that do cause delusions certainly. There are a whole host of conditions that resemble bipolar but have slightly different symptoms. My ex-wife has something similar, but she has never allowed anyone to do a definitive diagnosis on her so we don't know exactly what she has.

Personally, I could not tell if some entity has attached itself to your sister, especially just from your post. But there are people who could read whether or not there is an alien entity involved. I know of one gentleman locally who could do this, and probably you could find someone else who you could be confident of their reliability. But in the meantime, treat it as if it was a delusion.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Apr 1 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I never heard, personaly, of such made up things with people who have the bipolar disorder. From what I personaly read about the disorder it mainly makes people either very happy or very sad messing up their emotional state. Taking it to the extremes.

Maybe if she had some other disorder, which is directly related and\or causes delusions in the brain.

I dont know honestly. I think a psychologic evaluation would show you further information. Not directly about the "being" your sister claims she feels and communicates with but more the state of your sisters psychological make-up. (because between us if you mention anything remotely super natural to a psychologist, you are headed to the crazy house (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) ) This could just help you see the situation more clearly and all that is connected to its various side effects, if indeed this entity is part of her "delusion".

My advice would be to not discourage her regarding that being she feels is closing on her, because if indeed it is a true situation she might either ignore it and make something unpleasent happan or on the other hand she could feel depressed and terribly alone. A simple "maybe its there, and maybe you made it up but we cannot say for sure" is in order.

From what you wrote it is hard to determine for sure if there is anything at all behind your sisters story. With further deteil I think a conclusion could be made. If you would like assistance in any way you are also welcome to talk more privetly through msn or icq(would require a PM though since Id rather not put it publicly).

Personaly, distance matters not, when working from a far with magick. Though a good sense of the person you are dealing with is required for a good diagnosis.

Also, for conclusion, if you want to sense it yourself but cant(or do not know how exactly). Im sure me or anyone else here who is willing to share, can certainly equip you with the knowledge(technique even) to use your senses and determine if there is indeed something there or not.

All of the above is my personal opinion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Take care and best of luck figuring it out!

This post has been edited by Shimi: Apr 1 2008, 12:43 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse