Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Kundalini, All On It's Own
VitalWinds
post Apr 28 2011, 03:20 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Alright. So, I've been interested in Kundalini for some time now, but I've never attempted it. Although, recently I experienced something which I could only explain as Kundalini. I was sitting and meditating at my friend's house, pondering my true connection with the universe to a greater degree than I ever have before, when my root chakra seemed to just burst forth with new energy. I couldn't even feel my lower body all that well, so I thought that maybe my keys and wallet in my back pockets were pushing on my nerves. I took them out and set them next to me, but despite anything I did or how I sat that energy only spread even further.

Being a practitioner of occult studies, I decided to just ignore any odd looks I might get from my friends and feel the energy and inspect it. This next part is hard to explain. I felt, and in some strange way saw, a line of energy coiling around a point in my lower body. I immediately remembered what I knew of Kundalini and assumed it was that.

So, I decided to look up others' experiences with Kundalini. To my disappointment, they only described more advanced stages of Kundalini, such as when it is fully awoken. Although, I read that people undergoing Kundalini often dream of, and come across, snakes and fire. I don't remember my dreams from last night very well, but when I was a little kid, I had the most vivid dream that two white snakes bit me on either leg. The meaning of this dream has eluded me for the greater part of my life. This was before I practiced magick, but I was thinking that maybe I was more naturally prone to such things as this when I was younger and simply lost my belief in such things until later on in my life.

Also, I came across many different names for Kundalini while I was looking it up a moment ago. Holy Wind, Serpent Fire, Seiki, Lung..... and, as I was surprised to see, Vital Winds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This "coincidence" with my forum name and a name for Kundalini, coupled with my dream from when I was a child has left me almost certain that I was meant to undergo Kundalini. But, of course, I'm sure anyone who has experienced Kundalini was meant to.

And, of course, I come to our occult community to ask for advice from anyone who has experience with Kundalini, or might know of a good book on the subject.

Questions are also welcome.

--------------------
Peace.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Apr 28 2011, 05:15 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

Kundalini: The Evolutional Energy In Man, by J. Krishnamurti. It gives a sobering look at the phenomenon from a first person point of view. It doesn't go in depth on the super powers, and it isn't practical, but it will help you keep your feet under you while you explore.

It is unlikely what you experienced was Kundalini. For one, the description you give is the metaphorical description generally given of kundalini's location and rising - that is not a literal description any more than two snakes is a literal description. Kundalini is shapeless, and awakens the nervous system. Also Kundalini drives you, not the other way around, and trying to flip the arrangement is what hurts people. But if you start thinking about it now, you'll likely run into it eventually.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Harkadenn
post Aug 29 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi there VitalWinds,

It's a nice story and I too feel sort of the same way as experiencing different thoughts when I was a child, nothing to do with Kundalini though.

Recently in my studies I've been reading the best way to awaken the Kundalini is via meditation and "Laya Yoga".

Another thing... don't jump steps and try to be very patient and make sure (very important) that you know what your doing, awakening a unfinished Kundalini could be very dangerous and I mean seriously dangerous, look it up.

Don't you ever let other people align your Chakras, let them be awaken by yourself during "Laya Yoga" meditations.

Try reading more about each Chakras and their emotion and everything you can possibly find about it.

Read about "Paramahansa Yogananda" and other Yogis or even Buddha whom have awaken their Kundalini.

I wish you all the best in your work.

This post has been edited by Harkadenn: Aug 29 2011, 01:36 AM

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Aug 30 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Hi Vital

I have had the same thing in which the base of the spine feels as if it is swollen and expanding with energy many times. With me it is usually a precurser to an OoBE. The stuff about the snakes is not anything I've ever heard of before. In any case it isn't necessarily or even likely a kundalini experience. Generally that requires years of regular practice to open up. When the kundalini energy is unleashed before your energy channels are sufficiently prepared and strengthened by regular meditation and practice it is likely to cause damage to your nervous system.

I would suggest that reading up on it is good, and practicing regularly--preferably under supervision-- is necessary if you truly want to pursue this. The past decade or more there have been a number of books published on the subject of kundalini yoga. Most are written by people who don't know what they are talking about. They aren't all like that, but you might want to go to AMazon.com and look carefully at the reviews before buying. The one mentioned by Vagrant is good if only to caution you about the possible dangers. I may sound like a wet blanket sometimes, but in Asia they are much more aware of the possible dangers and drawbacks of some forms of meditation and working with spiritual energy. Here they seem to have a New Age workshop mentality in which its often over commercialized and they tell you the benefits but not the drawbacks and provide superficial information. You probably know what I mean.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Sep 22 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

I understand the principles behind being prepared for Kundalini, and I understand now how it must really feel and happen, but what do you guys think is the actual prerequisite for Kundalini awakening? Do you think that as long as I can balance my chakras and be peaceful and meditate regularly that it WILL happen? Or is there something else that you believe is necessary?

Just some postulation.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Sep 22 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

No I don't think that a kundalini awakening is guaranteed. I've been doing regular mediation and energy work for much longer than you have been alive and I haven't had that particular experience yet. I have had some amazing experiences, just not that particular one. From what I know, the training is very specialized. I began some of the training about hmm... 15 years ago, but I had other things going on in my life and couldn't continue. I do remember that the exercises were very specific and very time consuming. Now I do daily meditation and Qigong exercises, but it isn't for that purpose. I figure that your chances of having a healthy kundalini energy opening up is small without the proper training. Obviously it happened to someone in the past without training so I'm not ruling it out; someone had to be the first. But I think it is unlikely.

I wouldn't stop practicing your meditation though because if you continue on you will have a lot of amazing experiences, just not that particular one in all probability. So keep it up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Sep 23 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #7

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Sep 22 2011, 11:31 PM) *

I understand the principles behind being prepared for Kundalini, and I understand now how it must really feel and happen, but what do you guys think is the actual prerequisite for Kundalini awakening? Do you think that as long as I can balance my chakras and be peaceful and meditate regularly that it WILL happen? Or is there something else that you believe is necessary?

Just some postulation.

Mmm, I know what you mean here, but careful with the word 'understand'. When we 'understand' something we haven't experienced, we often overlook that experience when it happens outside of our 'understanding'.

I had an experience some time ago, which I'm pretty sure I wrote about here at the time, while I was in NYC, which I thought was kundalini stirring. Not awakening, mind you, but grumbling in it's sleep, you could say, because I was poking at it. I had about a year's worth of anxiety attacks, random dehydration, a handful of terrifying visions, nightmares, constant muscle spasms, and occasional bone pain. I stopped poking, and it resolved itself as I recovered control over my body and my energy.

The prerequisites have to do with the toning of the nervous system. I don't think there is a way to guarantee it will happen - but I do think that if it's ever going to happen it definitely will. The way it is described, I have often thought that it might be a genetic predisposition. However, if that is not the case then at least it is understood that kundalini is an energy present in and expressed through the nervous system. So being peaceful and meditating will not be enough. Balancing chakras will not be enough. The full scale of training involves immersion in the senses both all together and individually, thorough stretching and flexibility training, specific nerve toning exercises by fine-tuned control over small scale muscle spasms, pursuit of the conscious control over the autonomic nervous system, the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system, the ability to remain conscious during sleep, and ultimately the ability to overcome physical discomfort all together - in short, conscious integration with the nervous system from top to bottom. Meditating will not do this for you, no matter how deeply you meditate. So abandon that thinking, and if you want to pursue this intentionally then you need to find someone who can give you the specialized training necessary to pursue it.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Sep 30 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Thank you both.

Vagrant, sometimes your words inspire me. Other times they molest my fragile preconceptions about attaining enlightenment.
This time has been both.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Oct 3 2011, 08:23 AM
Post #9

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Sep 30 2011, 03:42 AM) *

Thank you both.

Vagrant, sometimes your words inspire me. Other times they molest my fragile preconceptions about attaining enlightenment.
This time has been both.

I went through a lot of the same tracks that you seem to have been going through, just looking at what you've included on the forum. We're probably cut from similar cloth as it were.

I've recently been having to learn a lot of very mundane skills while I build this business at home, from accounting and book-keeping to marketing and advertising. I've had to learn how to be the boss, too, which is really awkward for me still. It's really reminded me how one-sided my education has been over the past couple of decades. Some of the same skills still apply in different ways, but my ideas of what it meant to run a successful business have been shattered on the rocks of reality along the shores of success. Through it I keep reminding myself that acknowledgment of total ignorance means freedom from the illusion of knowing. Freedom from that illusion means total flexibility in development.

I know it's difficult to both have goals in life and also live in the present moment, but I don't think that enlightenment is really a goal that you can set. Enlightenment isn't, I think, so much something that we attain, as it is something we realize. And, I don't think you have to realize it all at once. Short moments of endless enlightenment keep me balanced and useful, just the moment of sitting back and truly letting go of all attachment or preconception for just a moment. Just for that moment, you can have total clarity to see things just as they are and be okay with it and at peace with yourself and your world. I have not yet managed to be both enlightened and functional at the same time. But it has demonstrated, for me, that it is some kind of inner nature that we cultivate over time.

It's this experience that has made me start examining 'moods of power'; something originally, I think, coined in the Castaneda books. Don Juan tells Carlos, "Power is a mood." Castaneda's expertise or reliability aside, the concept has merit.

peace

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aunt Clair
post Dec 17 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

The Sacred Fire of Kundalini lies dormant beneath the spine of every human and that it is part of our legacy in the human condition. Kundalini is a reciprocal energy that is drawn into the body generally through the spine when the opportune trigger is met. These triggers are metaphysical breakthroughs , attaining a new vibration, precipitory events such as NDE and trauma or OBE. Kundalini begins as upward fire. A continuum of predictable events will proceed once Kundalini has been initiated.

Kundalini can be natural and safe and will be so if the magickian will do routine energy work. Kundalini Kriya Yoga is one method to precipitate kundalini effectively without blockages and resulting negative symptoms.

Those who have mental issues and /or are substance abusers and those with significant spinal injuries should be cautioned about raising kundalini however the vast majority have no negative symptoms.

Kundalini events occur spontaneously in the energy body of the prepared magickian. Children born to a high vibration often have Kundalini events without undue stressors.

Kundalini is not a one off event nor does it rise up the spine only nor is it constrained to the spine nor is it fire only. These are myths. The initial events do rise up the spine as fire but in time Kundalini will be in this order; fire, water, earth, air. Subsequent events will include Akashic Rain, Ice and Lunar Kundalini.

Kundalini will open the Tree of Life causing it to blossom and set fruit on the spine upwards then downwards and then branch out to form minor trees on the limbs.

Serpents and dragons are archetypes of kundalini. The mystic will see these project out of the heart, head, navel,perineum, crown, back , palms, feet, and eventually out of the knees and elbows. Where there is an energy centre , there is Kundalini to develop it and to manifest adjacent centres.

Kundalini will cause the magickian to develop and improve all clarient and other metaphysical powers usually in this manner;
clairsentience to feel
clairvoyance to see
clairaudience to hear
evocation to call
and projection to fly

Each event ascends the vibration of the magickian awakening their virtues and compassion , patience, forgiving and love so that they become a bit more enlightened and a bit more aware. Each event may cause further attunements from the Mahatma and include unio mystica and Samadhi.

To facilitate and prolong Kundalini events ;
be still
sit in asana with uncrossed limbs
sit in sacred space in dim light
fast
meditate daily
draw energy up and down the spine daily

Should K events become unpleasant and you wish to slow them down or arrest them;
move
participate in sport
move in bright sunlight
eat ; especially meat and fatty fried fast foods
drink alcohol
refrain from meditation
ground self

--------------------
~*~Love , Light n Laughter, Aunt Clair ~*~

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Dec 17 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

Welcome back Aunt Clair. Its been awhile.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aunt Clair
post Dec 18 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Goibniu @ Dec 18 2012, 01:17 PM) *

Welcome back Aunt Clair. Its been awhile.
Thank you so much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
~*~Love , Light n Laughter, Aunt Clair ~*~

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse