Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Questions About Spirits And Crystals/gemstones, 2 questions, specifically
JHunt609
post Mar 10 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

So, I'm new to this forum, and I've been browsing a bit, coming across some interesting subjects that have left me wondering.

1. Someone in another topic said that they sing on a nightly basis, and sometimes the spirits come to listen. My question (preferably for that person to answer) is: how do you know there are spirits present? Do they communicate with you? Do you summon them to you, or do they come on their own? I'd love to hear about peoples' personal experiences.

2. For what purpose do you use crystals and gemstones? I've recently gotten into collecting them, and I'm interested as to what magickal uses they contain.
So far I've managed to get my hands on the following:
-Purple amethyst
-Green calcite
-Tiger's eye
-Onyx
-Pyrite

Thanks ^^

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Mar 10 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Amethyst is good for lessening the energies of things and opening up the crown chakra. Tiger's Eye is good for a number of things, including heightening your psychic awareness. And I can always just tell when there is a spirit nearby. I can see their energies and I can sense their presence.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 11 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #3

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

>>how do you know there are spirits present? Do they communicate with you? Do you summon them to you, or do they come on their own?

how you know is a sensation, a tingling, almost a foreboding, like someone is watching you but nobody visible is there - the biggest problem we have is associating visibilty with reality, lose that misconception and real reality gets through our filter, however the real reality is very alienating from the rest of blind humanity so most only 'open their eyes' when they want to and stay blinkered to the real reality the rest of the time

communication with spirits isn't exactly telepathic as they don't seem to have enough power, but they can broadcast strong feelings that you can pick up if you are very still, shut up, and really feel

they 'live', or at least congregate, in certain places where they feel like staying or whatever - banishing and negativity toward them or their being ignored gives out the feeling that they are not welcome there and they will usually leave on their own (unless it pisses them off) - opening your mind to them, and welcoming them, talking to them, causes them to feel like they should be there and works as sort of an un-banishing, not to draw them but to accept them if they show up

spirits are different and varied just like visible people - i have lots of invisible friends that are as real as my visible friends, and they, like having visible friends around, will usually keep you safe from any negative entities that show up - safety in numbers lol

there is tons of 'crystal powers' info on the internet, look up your crystals, gemstones, etc, always with a grain of salt and multiple sources, and check out www.jtv.com for a cheap source of many different gemstones

This post has been edited by esoterica: Mar 11 2010, 11:11 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

JHunt609
post Mar 11 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Mar 11 2010, 12:04 PM) *

>>how do you know there are spirits present? Do they communicate with you? Do you summon them to you, or do they come on their own?

how you know is a sensation, a tingling, almost a foreboding, like someone is watching you but nobody visible is there - the biggest problem we have is associating visibilty with reality, lose that misconception and real reality gets through our filter, however the real reality is very alienating from the rest of blind humanity so most only 'open their eyes' when they want to and stay blinkered to the real reality the rest of the time

communication with spirits isn't exactly telepathic as they don't seem to have enough power, but they can broadcast strong feelings that you can pick up if you are very still, shut up, and really feel

they 'live', or at least congregate, in certain places where they feel like staying or whatever - banishing and negativity toward them or their being ignored gives out the feeling that they are not welcome there and they will usually leave on their own (unless it pisses them off) - opening your mind to them, and welcoming them, talking to them, causes them to feel like they should be there and works as sort of an un-banishing, not to draw them but to accept them if they show up

spirits are different and varied just like visible people - i have lots of invisible friends that are as real as my visible friends, and they, like having visible friends around, will usually keep you safe from any negative entities that show up - safety in numbers lol

I was just looking at your post in the other topic I mentioned, where you say to "listen for the moon-song". Could you go into more detail? ^^

+Quote Post

Whisperling
post Mar 13 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

From personal experience Amethyst is generally used for channeling psychic energies. It's used to flow creativity and create a healthy and intuitive sleep (ie: through dreams.) It is a calming energy. Yes, it's also used in chakra work. It is a very psychic stone and is good if you are after channeling the spirits.

Onyx is more of a banishing stone. It is used to keep negative energy at bay. It is associated with the earth element.

Green Calcite, as with any green stone... Generally is used for luck and prosperity. Good to have around when financial planning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

Tigers Eye I personally do not usually work with as it's not heavily used in Dream Majick or divination HOWEVER it's an earth based stone. Used for breaking curses and relieving stress and weariness. It's used in Africa for warding off black majick and ye' olde "EVIL EYE"

Pyrite (Fools Gold! Hah!) I have not worked with this one either (but after research maybe I should!) it's another banishing stone however unlike most sheild stones it harnesses the energy of the light and the sun rather than being heavily grounded in the earth element. It's used to promote intelligence and increase physical stamina whilst warding away particularly nasty negative energies.

If you are after encouraging spirits to enter your home and join you at night Amethyst is probably the best one to have around (And keeep the Onyx and the Fools Gold handy!)

If you are worried about spirits entering BECAUSE of the stones you can just ground them and protect them with the ol' salt circle or passing through white smoke trick!

Hope I helped.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 15 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #6

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

QUOTE(JHunt609 @ Mar 11 2010, 04:56 PM) *

I was just looking at your post in the other topic I mentioned, where you say to "listen for the moon-song". Could you go into more detail? ^^

it is all about being very still, opening the mind and bypassing those filters that keep us rooted in everyday reality, and simply feeling eveything there is to be felt - the largest organ in your body is your skin, and its whole surface is sensory, and the feeling capabilities of it when it is heightened and open and waiting for impressions is not limited to just touch - feel the energy flowing ftom the moon - the pulsating vibration of firey sunlight, phase-shifted into a watery song that those who listen with watery ears of the skin can hear - on a clear night and a full moon, naked and alone, you can see the energy flowing from the moon, and you can hear the notes of it plucking your heart strings as you vibrate with it - this, this is the moon song! - the trees sing, the earth sings, but for a moon-witch it is the moon who sings the loudest and the best! - even in the daytime she sings and plucks at your strings - the fluttering song of the moon is everywhere and everywhen! - even when she is the dark traveller, gone off to seek the daytime sky, your skin can respond to her voice - and if you feel the moon-call, and you are where you will not be called a loony, return the favor and sing back to her, establishing a tight bond between your hearts, and the lady just may show herself, for the moon that rides the sky is merely her symbol, her lamp, her icon, her avatar so to speak - do not be frightened, nor be afraid of her changing face

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse