Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Haha Aleister Crowley Just Appered On An Anime I Was Watching Xd, You should watch it too!
Dan
post May 4 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

this is not a spoiler, maybe I was just too slow to realize at the begin of the show
but as I was watching, all these rituals and stuff seemed known to me, they even utilize chaos magick to summon an angel
and i was still thinking "ohh i know that o;"
till the very end of the first season
when this guy names the locked angel in the tub ; "Who else would try to do such thing?, Magus, Aleister Crowley!"

I was like wooooooooooooooooooooooo o;

the name of the anime its to aru majutsu no index!

oh and he appears in "D gray man" too as aryster krory
but i haven't really seen that anime yet.

the thing is that, i wasn't expecting it!
and you guys should watch the show, it has alot of cute magick moments and fights

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 5 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

uncle al shows up in the oddest places - from a skit on g4 to the original gi joe cartoon series - really not surprising at all, but you say they portrayed the rituals? - correctly?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kirie
post May 12 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Whee, finally I have something to say too.

Index has a lot of "correct" elements and it has an interesting blend of science+magic (where psi = science) that is, imho, pretty similar to what we have irl. But the most accurate portrayal of rituals are in Rental Magica (even if they exaggerated and pumped it up a LOT) and of the occult in general in Ghost Hunt - but Index IS more fun than both. All three of them are closer than Supernatural, imho.

And D.Gray-man's Krory has nothing but the name in common with Crowley, sadly. He's portrayed as a hermit crybaby vampire happily living with his one true love in Romania.

+Quote Post

Dan
post May 12 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kirie @ May 12 2010, 06:51 AM) *

Whee, finally I have something to say too.

Index has a lot of "correct" elements and it has an interesting blend of science+magic (where psi = science) that is, imho, pretty similar to what we have irl. But the most accurate portrayal of rituals are in Rental Magica (even if they exaggerated and pumped it up a LOT) and of the occult in general in Ghost Hunt - but Index IS more fun than both. All three of them are closer than Supernatural, imho.

And D.Gray-man's Krory has nothing but the name in common with Crowley, sadly. He's portrayed as a hermit crybaby vampire happily living with his one true love in Romania.

I havent seen D gray man but that sounds bad ); ha
Yeah Rental's last episode was a bit much of a show off with the dragon and stuff but i really liked the mixed magick stuff!
haha hey that's a really good answer, wasn't expecting someone replying with anime aswell

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse