Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Lovesickness (quite Literally)
amongthehidden
post Apr 6 2014, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've had the issue of literally getting sick when getting involved with men, which obviously is a problem. Every time I would see them, or have a very emotional conversation with them (it could be either good or bad - for instance if they say they love me or break up with me) I would throw up. Now, I've seen doctors and psychiatrists and everything in between to no avail. Perhaps someone here has an idea how I might solve this using some good old fashion magick? I have done prayers and meditation on the subject, but unfortunately nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--------------------
Le Parkour:

Tougher than LaCrosse,
More exciting than Football,
Less competitive than Solitaire.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

MysticWizard
post Apr 7 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

Strong emotions can have a powerful impact on the body. I would hazard a guess that you are capable of experiencing a greater depth and intensity of feeling then most people.

I won't bore you with too many academic details. Simply put, all aspects of our being (including our emotions) have elemental correspondance. When any of these elements becomes too strong or too weak problems arise. I beleive what may be needed here is a restoration of balance within your microcosm (Your personal self, your aura, body, mind, ect.). I have some ideas on how this may be accomplished.

Meditation and prayer alone are not always enough for this (but they do help).

How comfortable are you with ceremonial magick (rituals, invocations, and the like)? There are some relatively easy magical formulas that you can try, formulas designed to establish elemental equalibrium.

Also of importance, What kind of meditations are you practicing?

This post has been edited by MysticWizard: Apr 7 2014, 02:11 AM

+Quote Post

greenlantern153
post Apr 7 2014, 03:22 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

LOL! This sounds like a typical pavlovian response. I used to get erections while driving. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I find it hard to believe that psychiatrists couldn't help; the kind of problem you've described is very treatable with hypnotherapy. I think you may once have been genuinely sick while talking with a man, and that you then unconsciously associated the stimulus with the response. If you've developed any kind of fear or anxiety over it happening again you would only have made it worse. Attempting to repress thoughts of throwing up will also have made it worse, as repressing obscene thoughts usually results in full blown obsession with the particular thought.

I'm no therapist, but you could try the following, as this has worked well for me. The next time the thought of throwing up while with a man comes up, immediately tell yourself what a silly, stupid, meaningless thought that is. This will drastically reduce the 'weight' of the thought. If you can make a joke about it, that would be ideal, as that destroys the anxiety that comes along with it. However, don't repress the thought, just let it be, because like I said, repression results in obsession. Along with that, you could try taking 50 deep slow breaths, and on every out breath repeat an affirmation like "I feel great while talking to men" or something like that. Do it daily until the problem is solved. You could also add a visualization of some kind, such as yourself smiling and laughing while with a man.

I know this isn't strictly a magical approach, but it certainly should be an effective one. Unless you want to exorcise a demon with the name Barfbag the Nauseous. Just kiddin'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif)

Best of luck to you.

This post has been edited by Green Lantern: Apr 7 2014, 10:03 AM

--------------------
Life is profound.

+Quote Post

amongthehidden
post Apr 7 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Mystic - I don't have a whole lot of experience with ceremonial magick, but I'm definitely open to it. Most of the meditations I've been doing specifically for this issue have been just very general - I was trying to "mellow out" energy and found it helped in delaying my reaction, but not in getting rid of it.

Lantern - I did suspect it was an association but I suppose I should clarify - I don't get the reaction around all (or even most) men, only ones I have strong emotional feelings for. Physical attraction seems to not be a part of it. I've tried hypnotherapy and even things such as accupuncture (for anxiety) but they haven't worked. I've done the whole "talk yourself through it" and tried anxiety medications as well as acid reflux medications to avoid getting sick. I don't really get nervous when speaking to men, but perhaps it is a subconscious thing.

Also, thankfully the men have been good sports about it and don't make me feel horrible about myself, but let's be honest - getting sick isn't exactly the most attractive thing.

Thanks to both of you for your help - I wasn't respecting a response so quickly!

--------------------
Le Parkour:

Tougher than LaCrosse,

+Quote Post

MysticWizard
post Apr 8 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

My first recommendation comes from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

It is called the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP). You don't need any special ritual tools or elaborate regalia to perform it. Just a quiet place where you won't be disturbed.

I tried to write out the proper instructions here but I am not able to attach the proper visual aids here.

So Instead I would like to give you a PDF of Modern Magick by Donald Micheal Kraig. It has the ritual instructions given in clear and easy to understand terms.

You won't need to read the entire book or take up the whole practice of high magick (unless you want to). Simply practicing this one ritual could help you.

The LBRP can be used to banish negative expressions of the four elements and establish equalibrium between them.

In the second half the ritual you evoke four Archangels who preside over those elements. What is not told on the book is that, after you have completed the ritual, you can take time to offer prayers directly to the archangels before bidding them a proper farewell.

In your case, I think asking for help from Archangel Raphael (who can be called on for healing in matters of both mind and body) and Archangel Gabriel (who presides over Water: Which corresponds to deep emotions) would be appropriate.

Another approach would be to examine your natal astrology. There may be a planetary influence directly tied to this problem. If that is the case, there is magic that can be done to counter it. If you wish, I can take a look for you. I would need the date, time, year, and (if possible) the exact hour and minute of your birth, as well as the city you were born in. There is a lot of information in your natal chart. You can send the birth time to me via PM if you don't want to post it here.

+Quote Post

amongthehidden
post Apr 9 2014, 07:32 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks mystic - I am familiar with the LBRP but don't particularly have an affinity for archangels, which is probably why I don't do a lot of CM. Thanks for your help!

--------------------
Le Parkour:

Tougher than LaCrosse,

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse