Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 So This Forum Is Dying Eh?
MasterVerro
post Apr 29 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I noticed a lot of mention about this forum dying from lack of information on the path, so I decided I'd contribute. I've been practicing sorcery in many forms (ritual, non-ritual, astral, etc.) over the last eight or so years. In it's most basic form sorcery is the practice of bending ones reality to their desires, this can be done through persuasion of others, forcing and manipulating events, and even altering the realities of others. It's seems that most of the current online information of sorcery comes from http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekeeper/types/sorcery.html, which isn't wrong per se, but in my honest opinion is a little too RPGed up for my tastes. The abilities of Twilight and Glamour that have been described are actual sorcery abilities, they are just more passive, and not called by those names. Twilight as they refer to it, is more of a mental trance state than a physical experience. Sorcerers first enter an emotional trance state, meaning they must focus on emotion, usually by bringing back bad memories, nightmares, whatever they can think of that will create a strong emotion, and then be able to relax their body at the same time so that they become completely disassociated. At first this is quite a daunting task but quickly becomes almost second nature. After going into the trance state one can either choose to stay in trance for the casting of their rituals/spells or leave the trance while keeping their hightened emotional state. Glamour, which in actual practice is referred to as "double speak" or "sorceric tounge" is the ability to focus ones will on an intent, while speaking that intent. For instance, say you were visiting your local bar, and noticed a bottle of whiskey on the counter, you might ask the bartender "what year is that whiskey?" while placing your intent of having some behind it. By the end of the night, you could be stumbling around pissed with your wallet full hehe. Anyway, I just wanted to clear some of the misconceptions up. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I'll be more than happy to answer.

--------------------
HDHM!

MasterVerro

The Prince of Swords

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sojrn
post May 2 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for injecting a little life and clarity back into the subject.

+Quote Post

bym
post May 3 2006, 05:42 AM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
Yes, we're very glad to have someone (or two) that can help illuminate this much discussed topic and shed some light into the dark corners! Master Verro, I look forward to seeing your web page up and running in the future! Coming from a more Traditionalist stance on Ceremonial Magic I have quite a curiosity about the Sorcerous path. The idea of not having to utilize any tools is a liberating feeling! The Will and the Word. I'm glad that you will be able to help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Sojrn
post May 7 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(MasterVerro @ Apr 29 2006, 02:24 AM) *
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I'll be more than happy to answer.

Can you explain what I have heard called the "Universal Energy Matrix" and the entities that work on behalf of it?

This post has been edited by Sojrn: May 7 2006, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post

MasterVerro
post May 17 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

The Universal Energy Matrix (UEM) is basically the energic connection between all living beings and events. This is what allows the Sorcerer to project his will upon reality to manipulate others and his reality. The UEM is more of a new age term than a sorcery term, but lately has been used by those both interested in forms of psychism and sorcery. The UEM is also considered by many to be an explanation for GOD, magickal energy, etc. I tend to juse use the term "energy" as it causes far less questions to be asked haha.

As for the entities, ALL entities are connected to the UEM in some way, although they do not all act upon or work with it.

As an afterthought, this might be of some interest to you, http://www.artdamage.us/theprinceofswords/...o%20Sorcery.pdf

This post has been edited by MasterVerro: May 18 2006, 11:54 AM

--------------------
HDHM!

MasterVerro

The Prince of Swords

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse