Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Need Insight On An Experience, What creature is this?
Quantum Gloom
post Apr 16 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello everyone.

A couple of years ago myself and two of my friends were in a graveyard at about 2 oclock in the morning. Walking through in almost pitch black something made me look over for some reason. I looked over and there was a creature sitting on top of a tombstone. It looked as though it had the head of an owl, but it had large wings wrapped around it such as a bat might have. It's beak was hooked downward as well. It was moving it's head around a little. While i pointed this out to my friends, we stood there and watched for a good ten minutes. Then all of a sudden there was a loud BOOM as if something incredibly heavy had fallen beside me, although nothing was visible. Then when we looked back for the creature it was gone, and my friends started running. haha.

Anyway, I know that this creature was nothing like anything I've seen before, and it seemed like maybe it had created this large crash beside me so that we would take our eyes off of it, so that we would not see where it went, or how it disappeared. There was nothing visible that had fallen to create this crash, and it felt and heard like it was directly beside me.

Has anyone experienced a creature like this or read/heard anything about it?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ohel Sonuf
post Apr 16 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #2

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Sounds a bit like the Owlman. You weren't in Cornwall, were you?
http://www.newanimal.org/owlman.htm
http://www.cfz.org.uk/features/owlman.htm

Probably my favourite cryptozoological critter. Interesting that he/she's now grown bat wings too!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
wave upon wave -
crows falling
like black stars

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Apr 16 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

While discussing the going ons of various spirit critters with some friends of mine recently, we all came to an interesting consensus about some varieties of spirits which take the effort to manifest themselves and the patterns that they take.

In all of the cases in which we witnessed, together and individually, 'scary' spirits, generally, the first thing to happen is a sense of foreboding or 'not being alone', followed usually by a strange sound of some sort, and then followed by an actual appearance.

However, the spirits rarely seem to disappear 'before your very eyes' but rather, you look away or are distracted and *poof* gone.

It reminds me of that little thread of quantum theory, that quanta only take form when observed. Leads to some interesting hypothesis on the nature of these beings, and why they act like they do - and why we react as we do. What if the quantum field, or an element of it, attracted the attention of an observer in order to manifest, then tricked the observer into 'letting it go' from his attention in order to move again.

I've never personally heard of any creature like this, however I've known a handful of spirits that will appear in a different form every time, though for what reason is hard to say. Given it's combination Owl/Bat thing, seems like it's certainly some kind of night oriented creature, both of those being nocturnal animals. Also, both are predatory animals, qell equipped for hunting in the night. Assuming this creature's appearance is symbolic (relagating it to 'spirit' class hypothetically based on it's behavior) and the fact that it was in a graveyard, it may have been one variety of spirit which 'hunts' a graveyard looking for leftover bits of consciousness, ghosts, etc. The world between this one and the next is dangerous place at times, and the predator/prey scheme is very present there, everything vying for energy that can no longer be drawn directly from the material world.

Spirits of this variety, these astral predators, take any opportunity to feed, and if it was able to manifest (assuming it was in fact a spirit at all) suggests that it has been around for quite some time, long enough to gather up enough energy to pull of an appearance. As to why it would appear, most likely to reap a little nervous energy, channeled through the attention given to it.

that's my hypothesis, anyway.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Quantum Gloom
post Apr 18 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

no I wasn't around cornwall, this was in Ohio. I highly doubt it was anything like the owlman thing, because it wasn't any bigger than a hawk and it was fairly close to me for a decent amount of time.

Thanks for your insight Vagrant. I appreciate it. Pretty interesting hypothesis, especially the quantum theory aspect.

We've been back to that spot a million times at the same time of night in hopes of spotting it again. No such luck though.

If anyone else has anything to say please go ahead.

+Quote Post

Helmut
post May 7 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

That reminds me more of a trickster entity, similar to the fox spirit of Native American legend.

Also, that sounds a little like an old Ancient creature that would change itself into random thoughts from the people seeing it. Its true name is "Gandgren". I doubt that would work... but as I can translate, the modern derivation is "Higamon".

I'm gonna have to look more into that.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse