Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 6th & 7th Book Of Moses, Has anyone worked with it?
markus
post Oct 8 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi Evryone,

I've just ordered the 6th & 7th Book of Moses and would like to ask for anyone's experience, how to use it, drawbacks(if any), anything, any input about this book will be more than welcomed, I would like to have an idea about how it works and how to work with it before it arrives.

Thanks in advance...

Markus

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Agni
post Oct 10 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hey, have you checked out the yahoo group "sixth_and_seventh_books_of_moses"?

The wealth of information there is great.

+Quote Post

markus
post Oct 11 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Agni @ Oct 10 2008, 06:36 PM) *

Hi Agni,

Thanks a lot for your reply, as a matter of fact I didn't know that such a group existed, so I'll try over there.

Regards,

Markus

+Quote Post

Agni
post Oct 12 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

No problem, glad I could help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Theodor Voland
post Oct 17 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

I posted a few of my experiences with that texts to the group. I also described the procedure I use for the 6/7th books, as there seems to be some confusion on what one is to do with the seals and tables. So far, I've been happy with the results.

-Theodor

QUOTE(Agni @ Oct 10 2008, 04:36 PM) *

+Quote Post

markus
post Oct 17 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Theodor Voland @ Oct 17 2008, 01:01 PM) *

I posted a few of my experiences with that texts to the group. I also described the procedure I use for the 6/7th books, as there seems to be some confusion on what one is to do with the seals and tables. So far, I've been happy with the results.

-Theodor

Hi Theodor,

Thanks for showing up here, would you mind to lead me where those posts are?

Thanks in advance

Markus

+Quote Post

Theodor Voland
post Oct 17 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

My first post outlining the procedure was back in August of 2008. Start with message 1840 and move onward from there. Of course, there are also many other valuable posts by other practitioners that came before and after.

+Quote Post

markus
post Oct 17 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Theodor Voland @ Oct 17 2008, 08:28 PM) *

My first post outlining the procedure was back in August of 2008. Start with message 1840 and move onward from there. Of course, there are also many other valuable posts by other practitioners that came before and after.

Great! and thanks a lot.

Markus

+Quote Post

markus
post Oct 17 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Theodor Voland @ Oct 17 2008, 08:28 PM) *

Hi Brother, and sorry for asking some stupid question, but how can I do to find that message 1840? It seems I overtaxed my neurons trying different search modes!!! So, if can help on this too I'll really appreciate that.

Markus

+Quote Post

Theodor Voland
post Oct 22 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

On top of the group page, you will find the message # box to the left of the search. You can enter the message number there or you can search by author to find some of the mentioned posts.

This is the search section that I'm talking about:
(IMG:http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5/picture1dx7.jpg)

+Quote Post

Theodor Voland
post Oct 22 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

Here's the basic outline for the method I use to work with the 6/7 Books of Moses. I should note that I am referring specifically to the first two texts/sections in the overall tome. I have not worked with other sections, such as the Black Raven. Further, of the two, I have used the seventh a lot more than the sixth, perhaps because of the classical planetary segmentation of the seals. For example, when dealing with the matters of the heart, I call on the spirits of Venus; wealth, fortune, and fame - spirits of the Sun, and so on.

I draw the seals on parchment, the kind used for writing Torah, using a black ink pen. At this point, I have drawn most of the seals in the seventh book and some from the sixth. I do not use any special timing for the construction of the seals.

My circle is about 3' in diameter and drawn on canvas. It is just large enough to stand or sit in.

I have conjured spirits at various times of the day and on various days of the month. I do not know if there are more or less effective times or dates for these operations. The book is silent on that subject, with the exception of the 12th seal, which must be 'activated' during a solar or lunar eclipse.

Prior to any conjuration, I wash my hands and face while reciting the traditional purgation psalm ('Purge me, O Lord, with Hyssop...'). I then consecrate the circle using a method described in the Black Raven (statement of consecration, god names, 93rd psalm). I enter the circle after the consecration.

After entering the circle, I follow the 'General Citation.' That is, I recite the first part ('Aba...Agla'), then go on to the part specific to the seal or table (mentioned underneath each seal) including my request. Following that, I continue the citation (from Eheije to Yehuel), offer a prayer, and repeat from the top ('Aba...Agla'). Often, after repeating this citation twice, I also recite the last part ('Hamneijs...Jeha').

Throughout the citation, I hold the seal of the spirits in my left hand and the generation seal in my right hand.

I then step out of the circle, blow out candles (if any were lit), and fold up the circle. I have tried little variations here and there, such as burning incense and giving license to depart, but as of now I am uncertain of the effects that these changes have on the overall ritual.

So, there you have it -- the ritual of sixth and seventh books of Moses in a nutshell. I hope that you find this information useful and I look forward to hearing about your experiences with this system.

+Quote Post

Agni
post Oct 22 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you very much for posting this, Theodor Voland.

My circle is about 3' in diameter and drawn on canvas. It is just large enough to stand or sit in.

Is there a reason you made the circle so small and do you think bigger wouldn't be as good for some reason, or is just a matter of preference?

Also did you draw it in black or red? I hope these questions aren't too stupid, I've yet to drink my first coffee for today.

This post has been edited by Agni: Oct 22 2008, 02:49 AM

+Quote Post

Theodor Voland
post Oct 22 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Agni @ Oct 22 2008, 01:39 AM) *

Is there a reason you made the circle so small and do you think bigger wouldn't be as good for some reason, or is just a matter of preference?

More of a matter of convenience - it requires very little place to set up, so that adds some flexibility as to where the conjuration can take place. I have not heard any definitive arguments for a specific circle size for 6/7 BoM work. In fact, in the group of texts that makes up the book, there is a mention of a 9' circle, a 13' circle, and a circle of any size. Take your pick.

Also did you draw it in black or red? I hope these questions aren't too stupid, I've yet to drink my first coffee for today.

One of the text within the book suggests using the blood of young doves to draw the circle. The editor (J. Peterson) speculates that this might actually be intended for the seals of the 7 princes - some parts of the seals are drawn in red. However, the text doesn't support that speculation and, in fact, adds that the seals of the princes ought to be drawn with butterfly's blood. Modern practitioners take both blood references as symbolic and use the vegetable inks with the same names for their work (e.g. dove's blood and butterfly's blood). However, a few orthodox magicians insist that for authentic results one must use the real deal.

Personally, I use black ink for both the circle and the seals, as I have neither the access nor the willingness to slaughter small birds as an experiment.

+Quote Post

Agni
post Oct 22 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ok.. Thanks for reply.

+Quote Post

markus
post Oct 22 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #15

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi Theodor,

Thank you for ALL the explanations and indications, they are very helpful indeed.

Be well,

Markus

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 09:27 AM