Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Complete Magicians Tables - Stephen Skinner, And so it is!
J*S
post Apr 2 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

(IMG:http://www.goldenhoard.co.uk/images/magicians%20tables.jpg)
http://www.goldenhoard.net/

Not a lengthy review, just to share how incredibly impressed I am with this Magnum Opus from Skinner that contains "more than 777 tables".

At £30 it is pricey, but like all Golden Hoard publications thus far it is a beautifully presented book and of a very high quality (they also look quite cool sitting on your bookshelf with the dust jackets taken off).

In a similar format to 777, it out does it at every turn, containing annotated tables of correspondence based upon many hard to find books which would usually be unavailable. The section on the grimoires alone is remarkable, rendering huge chunks of one's occult library obsolete in one step!

My particular highlights after browsing last night are:

The entire section on the grimoires. Huge amounts of information (including stuff from the Picatrix, Liber Juratus, Goetia, Abramelin, Heptameron etc).
The section on the Shemaphorash, with details of which psalms to use for the evocation of each angel
The section on Gnostic cosmology.
The section on various pantheons (not just yer Greek and Egyptian stuff here...I would guess more than 20 different cultures are included)
The section on natural magic containing medieval incense recipes and traditional uses of herbs.
The section on the decans, with details of the magic appropriate to perform and brief expositions of the rites themselves.

I am sure there are many more gems to find in there.

I can't recommend this highly enough, and if you are lacking a decent correspondence book then this is well worth the extra money when compared to the usual suspects.

I can't wait until they get around to releasing the next volume in the series, "The Goetia of Dr Thomas Rudd".

--------------------
"If thou thyself hast not a sure foundation, whereon wilt thou stand to direct the forces of Nature?" Liber Librae, AC

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse