Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Energy Source, Where do you pull from?
VitalWinds
post Mar 9 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I pull energy from the core of my being. I have no better way of explaining it than that. It's kind of like a state of mind exercise. All I can say is that I allow my paradigm to allow for it. I almost never use my chakras. I have them developed ever so slightly, but I'm not great with using them.

The question I have is: Do you pull energy from your chakras, your environment, or from somewhere or something else?

--------------------
Peace.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Mar 10 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Mar 9 2010, 09:23 PM) *

I pull energy from the core of my being. I have no better way of explaining it than that. It's kind of like a state of mind exercise. All I can say is that I allow my paradigm to allow for it. I almost never use my chakras. I have them developed ever so slightly, but I'm not great with using them.

The question I have is: Do you pull energy from your chakras, your environment, or from somewhere or something else?

Truly it depends. I live on the fringe of portland, if I need to make a shield I usually draw from the city itself and because I've grown up here it's a very easy energy to manipulate for me (I'm 'rooted' here.) Sometimes I will go to the club and jack into the party atmosphere and power a sigil I've been working on, sometimes I will pull on a specific god(dess) to aid me in times of need.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Mar 11 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

I pull my energy from the outer space and the cosmos. I don't know why, but I always felt like I had the most of a spiritual experience when looking at a picture of a galaxy, or the hubble ultra-deep field photos.

I always had an affinity for outer space. The energy is humbling, as you realize how insignificant you can be. But, in realizing how small you are, you will be able to fathom just how big the universe is, and how much energy is within it. The smaller you realize you are, the bigger the universe becomes, therefore the more powerful, therefore you become more conscious of how much power is there, therefore your mind fathoms the scope of energy, therefore you can harness it with your awareness... so on, so forth, and the cascade effect eventually charges you with intense energy.

Repeating some Carl Sagan quotes as mantras also puts me in a state of awe of this power:

"A still more glorious dawn awaits: not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise; a morning filled with 400 billion suns... the rising of the Milky Way"

Outer space/cosmic energy is intense, raw, and real. It comes from the realization that 1) We are all star stuff 2) Interstellar objects are mysterious and powerful 3) We inherit these properties as our birthright 4) The universe is F*CKING HUGE and, 5) We are itty-bitty.

And it's all ours, for as much as we know, for now.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Mar 11 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Mar 9 2010, 09:23 PM) *

IN most cases I consider myself to be more of a 'lens' or prism that redirects currents of energy rather than gathering and collecting energy in any way. In my paradigm all objects/activity are manifested by currents of archetypal energies that exist holographically through reality. So, they don't need to be drawn from 'someplace' so much as from the right alignment.

I do, however, perform a certain kind of exercise wherby vital energy (specifically that energy which vitalizes living things) is drawn in and circulated as with some varieties of chi kung and pranayama practice. In this case, the energy comes from everything and everywhere, but not in a spatial sense. I think of the phenomenal world as a kind of membrane, with light shining on and through it from somewhere outside of it all together. In my paradigm, we usually experience the light as it passes through that membrane and causes the illusion of 3D activity in a 4D continuity. I kind of think of myself as absorbing light from that membrane, retaining some of it as it passes through. Or more accurately, I guess, illuminating myself in that light.

Although, to make it more confusing, I don't think of it as light as from a flashlight beam, more of a liquid light/fire etheric substance that acts a lot like light.

Mmm. I don't really think of chakras as a place you can draw energy from per say - they are more like transformers, or colored glass; something you would pass energy/light through in order to change its functional frequency. Chakras don't exactly store energy per say.

In the more frequent case of redirecting currents of energy, I would say that I compare the inner 'lens' to be probably very like what you call the very core of your being. It's the sort of pinpoint or zero-point around which my mind/body complex manifests and from which the animating element springs forth into that complex. The fulcrum between all of the dimensions of my being as it were, or the intersection between all of them. It kind of feels to my like an immovable point - I can't move it around independently of the other parts of my being, but I can rotate it a bit like one would rotate a prism to align with different currents of energy. Although that isn't exactly what it sounds like, i think.

peace

Posted at exactly the same minute. Awesome.

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Mar 11 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Vagrant, I think our paradigms are quite similar in how we manifest energy. Interesting, isn't it? Thank you both for the input.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 11 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #6

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

i also pull from the astral (4d), but accessed through the physical (3d), which aren't actually separated at all but co-existant, like body and mind aren't actually separated - its more natural to do so that way imo, kinda like accessing the zero-point energy

most that draw from themselves probably recharge that way without realizing it, and i just kinda force it, like a pump

This post has been edited by esoterica: Mar 11 2010, 10:39 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Mar 12 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Generally the Chinese system of Qigong talks about 'Tianqi' or heavenly/sky energy, and 'tuqi' or earth energy. Tuqi is more yin and Tianqi is more yang. The sun and stars are yang, while the moon is said to be yin. Because our energy is generally more yang than yin, I tend to pull energy from the earth in order to balance my energy.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Mar 15 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #8

Light Wielder
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Mar 9 2010, 10:23 PM) *

I pull my energy from nowhere - that is to say, I don't really pull energy out of anything, I just alter or change that which already exists. I'm a practitioner of elemental magick, and rather than pulling energy from somewhere and using it to alter my surroundings I just harmonize with the elements around me and become a part of them, so I can change them at will. At need though I pull energy from my navel chakra.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Mar 15 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

I just sort of ignore that part and make things...occur? It might be that my practices don't require much energy, but I've never found it necessary. Looking at myself, I've never truly run out of energy doing anything with the exception of a few kind of long-winded emergency assignments et cetera, but yeah.

I think that its something that people shouldn't be too worried about?

+Quote Post

Wolfheart
post Apr 5 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

I use energy from the earth. I never have once used my chakras. But sometimes I'll gather energy from the sun or moon when practicing psi balls. If I'm not doing that then it's the earth I'll use:3

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse