Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What Are Those Keys Of Enochian For What Are They For?
brokenhearth
post Sep 7 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have checked a little about enochian but I dont understand what are this keys for what are for and how to use them they arent even clear on how to proounce them when they are not writed in english
does anything happens if you read all the keys in a row?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

horus
post Sep 7 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(brokenhearth @ Sep 7 2009, 02:49 PM) *

does anything happens if you read all the keys in a row?

I don't believe anything will happen by just reciting the syllables. Enochian is an elaborate magical system where you create a temple and personal items with the right ingredients. It's the calling of Angels. You have to show them that you've prepared the atmosphere they require for them to come and talk to you. This takes years to learn and prepare.

--------------------
Transmutation shall be the whole of the law.

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Sep 7 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(horus @ Sep 7 2009, 08:21 PM) *

I don't believe anything will happen by just reciting the syllables. Enochian is an elaborate magical system where you create a temple and personal items with the right ingredients. It's the calling of Angels. You have to show them that you've prepared the atmosphere they require for them to come and talk to you. This takes years to learn and prepare.

Get an intro book on Enochian if you really want to know. I'm too busy (and important) to waste my time explaining it here.

On an even meaner note, recite the calls in a row and find out what happens!

Might have taken many years for horus to get results (though I recall him saying something about not doing magick for many years and now being a newbie again). But I've noted multiple authors saying that the enocian angels are ridiculous easy to call, the results immediately forthcoming. You don't need to have a special temple that takes years to prepare. This has been my experience as well.

This post has been edited by monkman418: Sep 7 2009, 08:01 PM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

ComaOfLoss
post Sep 8 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've used them as a preliminary invocation/opening before invoking the angels of the Great Table. I believe this is the most common use in enochian. Get DuQuettes Enochian Vision Magick if you want to get an idea of the system.

One important thing (this is just my view) about the pronunciation that I've read from here, can't remember who wrote it, is that the enochian entities don't have mouths (ie speak physically) so the language doesn't really have a pronunciation. It's the idea/essence of the word that counts. Am I making any sense?

This post has been edited by ComaOfLoss: Sep 8 2009, 07:20 AM

+Quote Post

horus
post Sep 8 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkman418 @ Sep 7 2009, 08:58 PM) *

Get an intro book on Enochian if you really want to know. I'm too busy (and important) to waste my time explaining it here.

On an even meaner note, recite the calls in a row and find out what happens!

Might have taken many years for horus to get results (though I recall him saying something about not doing magick for many years and now being a newbie again). But I've noted multiple authors saying that the enocian angels are ridiculous easy to call, the results immediately forthcoming. You don't need to have a special temple that takes years to prepare. This has been my experience as well.

I've got DuQuette's book, Enochian Vision Magick. I'm up to the chapter on the Sigillum Dei Aemeth. From what I understand, it is necessary to create the implements, even if they're created out of paper. If not, is it still Enochian? Or, is it the "cafeteria plan" of magic? I choose to believe those who speak to me, like Lon Milo DuQuette and this guy (thanks to the person who posted this link in another thread. It's been a revelation)...
http://www.enochiantemple.org/what_is.htm

This post has been edited by horus: Sep 8 2009, 09:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Sep 9 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(horus @ Sep 8 2009, 10:29 PM) *

I've got DuQuette's book, Enochian Vision Magick. I'm up to the chapter on the Sigillum Dei Aemeth. From what I understand, it is necessary to create the implements, even if they're created out of paper. If not, is it still Enochian? Or, is it the "cafeteria plan" of magic? I choose to believe those who speak to me, like Lon Milo DuQuette and this guy (thanks to the person who posted this link in another thread. It's been a revelation)...http://www.enochiantemple.org/what_is.htm

Then read DuQuette's book again, because he specifically states that the tools are not necessary. He even goes so far as to state that it is 'temple furniture,' and otherwise unnecessary.

That said, I also made all of the temple furniture by hand because that was personally meaningful and helped prepare me for the work. But it took me 6 weeks grueling work, not 6 years. More importantly, an insurmountable process of making the tools didn't make it impossible for me to get to the point of actually practicing the magick, which, if you'll review that book, you'll find is a philosophy I get from DuQuette.

--------------------
MonkMan418
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

+Quote Post

horus
post Sep 10 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkman418 @ Sep 9 2009, 06:52 PM) *

Then read DuQuette's book again, because he specifically states that the tools are not necessary. He even goes so far as to state that it is 'temple furniture,' and otherwise unnecessary.

That said, I also made all of the temple furniture by hand because that was personally meaningful and helped prepare me for the work. But it took me 6 weeks grueling work, not 6 years. More importantly, an insurmountable process of making the tools didn't make it impossible for me to get to the point of actually practicing the magick, which, if you'll review that book, you'll find is a philosophy I get from DuQuette.

As I said, I'm up to the chapter on the Sigillum Dei Aemeth. I haven't finished the book yet, so I'm not ready to re read it.

How about some page numbers, quotes and pics?

I must say, I'm not enjoying your tone. You sound like you're getting quite worked up about this.

This post has been edited by horus: Sep 10 2009, 02:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

horus
post Sep 10 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkman418 @ Sep 9 2009, 06:52 PM) *

page 86
"I suggest, if you're serious about engaging in this magical art form, then you should, at the very least, provide yourself with a Ring, a Holy Table, a Lamen, a Sigillum Dei Aemeth, and the seven Ensigns of Creation. Make them out of paper if you have to."

--------------------

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Sep 17 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(horus @ Sep 10 2009, 10:15 AM) *

page 86
"I suggest, if you're serious about engaging in this magical art form, then you should, at the very least, provide yourself with a Ring, a Holy Table, a Lamen, a Sigillum Dei Aemeth, and the seven Ensigns of Creation. Make them out of paper if you have to."

Good job! You've cited where he says what tools he suggests. Now can you find the part where he explains that the tools are, in actuality, not necessary?

I am glad though that you seem to have changed your mind regarding the ridiculous proposition that the temple and tools must in all cases take years and inordinate time to prepare-- assuming you agree with his suggestion that they may be made out of paper.

Apologies for my late reply, by the way. As mentioned earlier, I'm far too busy and important to spend much time on this commentary or looking up page numbers in a beginners book for you...

--------------------
MonkMan418

--- Stephen Hawking

+Quote Post

horus
post Oct 3 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkman418 @ Sep 17 2009, 06:01 PM) *

Good job! You've cited where he says what tools he suggests. Now can you find the part where he explains that the tools are, in actuality, not necessary?

I am glad though that you seem to have changed your mind regarding the ridiculous proposition that the temple and tools must in all cases take years and inordinate time to prepare-- assuming you agree with his suggestion that they may be made out of paper.

Apologies for my late reply, by the way. As mentioned earlier, I'm far too busy and important to spend much time on this commentary or looking up page numbers in a beginners book for you...

Enough with your patronizing bullshit. DuQuette never contradicts himself in this book. The tools are necessary and the better quality they are, the better quality the magic performed. Why else would he go through all the trouble to make them.

You're not busy enough for me; nor important. So put up, or shut up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

poimandres
post Oct 3 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

No need for the condescending tone, people come here to ask legitimate questions. If you are too busy or important to be constructive then why post at all?

Tools in any magical operation are simply physical objects endowed with metaphysical meaning. The quality of the tool is generally a reflection of how much thought you’ve put into it…every moment you spend working on it you are magically imprinting it with the necessary symbolism and correspondences that grants it power. Whether or not you use them is a personal mater. They are not necessary, but definitely help localize the abstract principles that are fundamental for the success of the operation. I know people on both sides of the spectrum in regards to physical tools, and they are successful in their work either way. Now, this does not mean that you can simply forget about the tools, as they serve a specific purpose; rather you should fully understand them and have them and their symbolic concretions firmly ingrained in your mind so that you may recall their purpose at any point in the magical operation.

This also holds true for divine names and incantations which can either be spoken and vibrated out loud or done silently as long as you are imprinting the astral/ethereal plane with it’s vibration. This, however, is very hard to do if you have not done so out loud first. The same holds true for tools, if you have never spent the time thinking about how you would construct a physical tablet, or even drawing it out, your internalized version will be weak and for the most part useless.

+Quote Post

horus
post Oct 3 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(horus @ Oct 3 2009, 08:43 AM) *

Enough with your patronizing bullshit. DuQuette never contradicts himself in this book. The tools are necessary and the better quality they are, the better quality the magic performed. Why else would he go through all the trouble to make them.

You're not busy enough for me; nor important. So put up, or shut up.

My apologies for being too harsh. I should know better than to post when I'm having a *bad* day. Peace.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ComaOfLoss
post Oct 4 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(poimandres @ Oct 3 2009, 08:14 PM) *

No need for the condescending tone, people come here to ask legitimate questions. If you are too busy or important to be constructive then why post at all?

Tools in any magical operation are simply physical objects endowed with metaphysical meaning. The quality of the tool is generally a reflection of how much thought you’ve put into it…

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)

Something I'd like to add to this is that (well, this is just my opinion) the symbolism is a thing that helps you to focus in more and more complex "Ideas"(/intent) than without it. Most of magic operates on the plane of Ideas that will manifest into the physical, afaik.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse