Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Most Malefic Entity
Vilhjalmr
post Nov 24 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Just a silly topic, for fun. A post of Bym's says that some demons listed in the Goetia may not be evil, or even originally demons, but some - like Pazuzu, to use his example - are "just plain mean". Some also seem described as less threatening than others.

What spirits/demons/gods/devils do you think are the most malignant or traditionally evil?

Edit: This subforum seems too restrictive, since I don't mean only demons, but I couldn't think of a better choice... please move it, mods, if you can!

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Nov 24 2009, 09:02 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kath
post Nov 25 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I don't really believe in "evil", but...

But the most Malefic? the most "harmful"?
this will probably stir the pot a bit, but my honest answer is the god of abrahamic monotheism (in it's various forms)

he's the greatest historical personage quoted as having prompted or condoned :
misogyny, racism, killing animals to alleviate guilt, murder, genocide, religious persecution, megalomania, insecurity, torture, religious wars, neurotic rules & stipulations... well I could go on all day really.

by most accounts, he hates bratwurst, if that's not true evil, I don't know what is.

This post has been edited by Kath: Nov 25 2009, 03:19 AM

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Ex Lux
post Nov 27 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

In reply to Kath's post:

Pat Condell's children of a stupid god:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEtfdzNAE74

That ought to really stir the pot.

Malevolent entities? I have found that most of the traditional baddies are like fuzzy kittens approached correctly, however the dear goddess of the crossroads Hecate has a definite dark side. In the early Wiccan days of my career, she carried me on a few uncomfortable rides. Evil? Hardly, but certainly powerful, capricious and dark, ESPECIALLY when evoked at crossroads with flaming brand during full moon. The key to experience here is in how one presents oneself: presenting in divine union or with rapport as a master with intent yields results which are not so scary. Presenting as a supplicant... inadvisable.

Many ancient woods-bound spirits are very ANGRY, these are generally regional, not very powerful, but can still be frightening especially to the inexperienced. I spent a lot of time communicating with forest bound entities early on and was often surprised by the rawness and astral / emotional power of some of these entities.

My Goetic experience is also limited, having only performed a few operations. Some entities from Franz Bardon's books are also rather dangerous, but not perhaps in the same way as one might imagine. I find entities which deal in temptation rather than carnage by far the more dangerous of the two. The attached mind is quite vulnerable to the right temptation, and who among us has really, truly squashed desire before getting involved in evocation?

Frankly, I found my days as a sorceror much more frightening than my days as a magician =)

Ex

This post has been edited by Ex Lux: Nov 27 2010, 11:48 PM

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Nov 28 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ex Lux @ Nov 27 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Frankly, I found my days as a sorceror much more frightening than my days as a magician =)

What do you mean?

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Waterfall
post Dec 13 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Most malific entity? Homo Sapiens.

Vilhjalmr, working on the "outside" is what a sorcerer does. Working on the "inside" is what a magickian does. At least, that's how I understand it.

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Dec 30 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

Could say that one works with the macro cosmic and the other works with the micro cosmic, easier to deal with your own reflection perhaps.

Most malefic entity has to be the magician him/herself, can hardly blame our own archetypes for much .lol.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse