Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Vortices, The nature of a vortex, and how to manipulate, disperse, or propagate
lyah
post Oct 19 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I cannot offer a lot of informed advice on this one but I was hoping others could contribute to this discussion. I am aware of vortices and their general nature. Many of them have a lot to do with ley line and often they also set up where PEOPLE sluff off regular and gratuitous amounts of energy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif) They can be negative or positive, old and new, large and small but they often indicate some pretty interesting things. They can bring nasties, generate highs, cause people to act a certain way, and act almost like magnets to certain kinds of energies. But how do can we magick users and 'sensitives' use them for our purposes? I tried looking up a discussion on the search bar, but the best I came up with was a discussion on mayan vortices. I was hoping for something more basic and informative; vortices for dummies, if you will.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Oct 20 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(lyah @ Oct 19 2012, 09:45 PM) *

I cannot offer a lot of informed advice on this one but I was hoping others could contribute to this discussion. I am aware of vortices and their general nature. Many of them have a lot to do with ley line and often they also set up where PEOPLE sluff off regular and gratuitous amounts of energy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif) They can be negative or positive, old and new, large and small but they often indicate some pretty interesting things. They can bring nasties, generate highs, cause people to act a certain way, and act almost like magnets to certain kinds of energies. But how do can we magick users and 'sensitives' use them for our purposes? I tried looking up a discussion on the search bar, but the best I came up with was a discussion on mayan vortices. I was hoping for something more basic and informative; vortices for dummies, if you will.

It has been a long while sense I looked into this, but if memory serves, British and Welsh standing stone circles often mark a vortex. In the UK pagan scene there are a few Druid types that connect them to seasonal and civilizational changes and hold rituals relevant to those times. For example, spring, birth, generation, living; winter, death, ancestors. The largest stone circles Stone Henge and a site just a mile off to one side it are both cited as examples for this theory. The way one would use them might change depending on the exact lay out of the circle but using Stone Henge and its sister site as reference I would say that the circle lets in energy related to astronomical phenomenon of relating to some even the builders found significant enough to hold a ritual for. For example, Stone Henge's sister site is littered with the remains of sacrificed pigs and is aligned according to the winter solstice - the time when symbolically the dead are most present to receive offerings.

There was a writer of occult themed comic books (bear with me it more solid than it sounds) who came up with a theory that lay lines, vortexes, and circles form a neolithic occult mechanism where by energy from "special places" is gathered and channeled by the lay lines to other "special places" which facilitate the smooth transition from one socially important moment to the next in accord with the nature of the "special places". Vortexes are considered both byproduct of and accoutrement to the primary sites and lines. Located on sites where energy is either gathered or lost and used to fix the energy in one spot; possibly even send it to one of the main sites.

I assume you have no wish to preform animal sacrifice to insure your community has ancestral support though winter, so you might try looking into the frequency and location of vortexes in your area. You could construct a circle to contain the energy coming out for use in rituals. If you can manage to dowse another vortex where energy is adsorbed and sent to your first circle you could use that place to make corresponding sacrifices that bolster the work done at the first.

Mind you this is all highly theoretical and I'm half talking out of my ear as this is far out side of my experience. (The Chinese call them dragon wells and use them for nothing more than great places to live.) But perhaps this will inspire you to do something more concrete. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

lyah
post Oct 25 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Wow! Love it. That sounds like a fun experiment. Of course, I think I will do that outside somewhere far away from where I live but that might explain why using a grove helps with such things. Ive never seen one deliberately made, but if they are made accidentally I bet I could make one on purpose, and with far more direction. Kind of like how reiki will manipulate certain chakras? I imagine connecting meridians of the location in mind by threading it with with my own energy might harness the proper affects? It will be interesting what I can do with it. Perhaps this topic is just beginning....I am very optimistic. It would be nice if someone else was interested in experimenting in conjunction with my own experiments. IF there are any warnings now would be a good time to hear them.

+Quote Post

Qcks
post Nov 18 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Things go in phases i suppose.
I've been thinking about this sort of thing alot recently.

Consider this: Some plants have very specific growing conditions. If these conditions are not met, that plant cannot grow. That's pretty elementary, but, what if one of those elements was a particular type of energy?

The house i grew up in is built over a dried creek bed. The house is probably haunted, but, not in negative way. The spirits in and around the house are quite protective.
Two notable plants grow rampantly and wildly on the property.
One is soapwort, and the other is Locust tree.

Soapwort, when crushed, releases a natural mild soap. It's a natural purifier and cleanser.

Locust tree is one of the hardest woods in north america. It's rot resistant, thanks in part to a compound in the wood that smells weakly of licourice (it has a similar taste to licourice too, but the wood is toxic, so you shouldn't eat it, especially in great quantity). The tree is covered in 1-1.5 inch thorns that were, at one time or another, used as nail substitutes. The tree is good for binding and compelling, which is great when used in conjection with protection. I'm not sure if it's a honey locust tree or a Black Locust tree. I suspect Black Locust due to the size of the seeds.

These two things grow wildly in the yard, yet not at all outside of it, where conditions are exactly the same in terms of light, water, and care.

Feng shui and Geomancy have been 'on the books' for a long time, but I'm going to put this idea forward: Magicians can manipulate the flows of magic by manipulating the living energy they surround themselves with. So if you have a Dog and plant Juniper around you, you plrobably are gathering or acrewing protective energy.

Areas that already have accumulated a particular type of energy can be tapped, but, that seems like you could get more then you can use that way (it seems like that's licking a battery to test if it's good).

Anyway.... just some thoughts.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse