Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Numerology Resources
weliketotango
post Jan 13 2011, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Lately, I've been looking into divination by casting dice. I use four of them, all six-sided cubes, nothing special about them--just dice. My typical method is using odd numbers for yes, even numbers for no, and one for a definite yes. I admit this is sometimes confusing since I use an even number of dice and therefore cannot always produce one answer or another, but a "maybe" or "yes and no" is still an answer and so I keep the method.

Lately, I've been looking into incorporating numerology into my readings and was wondering if anyone had a good numerology resource book. Replies are read with gratitude.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

sirius666
post Feb 13 2011, 04:51 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(weliketotango @ Jan 13 2011, 08:12 AM) *

Lately, I've been looking into divination by casting dice. I use four of them, all six-sided cubes, nothing special about them--just dice. My typical method is using odd numbers for yes, even numbers for no, and one for a definite yes. I admit this is sometimes confusing since I use an even number of dice and therefore cannot always produce one answer or another, but a "maybe" or "yes and no" is still an answer and so I keep the method.

Lately, I've been looking into incorporating numerology into my readings and was wondering if anyone had a good numerology resource book. Replies are read with gratitude.

Although numerology is not my forte, I can speak to a bit about what it is before I direct you to some resources. Generally, numerology is connected with some type of system or model of the "universe" (i.e Hermetic Qabalah of the western tradition). Numerals, or numbers are considered to be sacred insofar as they are connected with archetypes which are defined within that system. As ones experience grows, a connection with the "number" strengthens to the point where that number has a definite esoteric meaning.

I have experimented with varying amounts of success with many types of divination, and nearly all of them have some type of numerology involved. If you are looking to strengthening your skills with divination, pick up a tarot deck (the Rider Waite or Universal Waite decks are great to start) as well as an intro book on Tarot such as Juliet Sharman Burke's "Introduction to Tarot". In the course of your study of divination, you will inevitably pick up a lot of knowledge about numerology and astrology. Also, keep practicing with your current method of divination as well - and be sure to record all of your divination experiments in your journal !

There is a lot of great information out there on numerology that I have encountered in the past - for example Lon Milo Duquettes "Chicken Qabalah" provides an excellent introduction to Qabalah and incorporates a lot of great information on traditional numerology. Also, take a trip to your local bookstore and check out some of the books in the occult section!

666 Sirius 666

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse