Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dream Premonitions
VitalWinds
post Jul 9 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

This might belong in Dream Works, but as my questions that go with this are about the prophetic side, I've posted this here.

Last night I had many dreams, not a one of which was not a premonition. I saw my future, my father's future, an ill fate for my dog, my friend's alcoholism taking a turn for the worst, and an old crush who I still talk to excelling in her chosen career.

My questions are:
Are these things just what is most likely at this point in time?
Would my fate, as I dreamed of it, be taking into account the fact that I dreamed of it?
Being as these dreams all came together, would changing one of them likely change them all?

--------------------
Peace.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Jul 9 2011, 12:05 PM
Post #2

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

If these issues have been on your mind a lot lately, you might also want to take into account the very real possibility that these are fears you may have repressed and are now getting up to the surface so that you can deal with them.

They may be premonitions, but they may not be, either. Changing one may well change all of them, but then again, you may only be seeing one future out of several possible ones. You just won't know until you get there--that's what makes it so hard to deal with. If you're worried about your dog, keep a close eye on him. If anything seems out of the ordinary, take him in for a checkup. They'd rather deal with a worried pet parent (within reason) and find nothing wrong, than deal with one who let an issue go for far too long and now has done irreparable harm to their pet.

If your and your dad's future is good, or at least calm, let it ride. There's nothing you can do about your friend drinking too much. They've got to save themselves. You can't do it for them. As for the crush, are you jealous or not?

This is about all I can think of to say atm...

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Adder
post Jul 31 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

For me dreams can definatly hold premonitions, but they've always been heavily draped in symbolisim. I pretty certain I dreamt of the Utoya island massacre within 36 hours before it happened but there was no way I had any idea about the location and I missed the clues to that it involved killing. Its only; 1. the strength of the dream, and 2. seeing real images of places at the scene which were in the dream that I'd never seen before. I'll hopefully learn enough from these sorts of things to refine what I can predict but at this stage most of my dreams seem to be my imagination running wild.

+Quote Post

Lady Morwen
post Jul 31 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #4

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif)

This post has been edited by Lady Morwen: Jul 31 2011, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post Jul 31 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

While I had such dreams as a child I could only see the inmidiate future, then the dreams stopped after I freaked out, then started again some 6 years ago, yet the ability has always being unstable, but for now's mostly asleep.

+Quote Post

Switchblade
post Aug 22 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #6

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

This is very interesting to me because premonitions in dreams are the most common "provable" magick i seem to have. Once i started keeping a dream journal weird de ja vu moments and sometimes actual things that happened in dreams happen in real life. Unfortunately, most of what I see in my dreams that happens in real life is a very abstract thing, like putting on a sock in a chair while the door to my garage was open and then having a vivid flashback to where that happened in a dream, almost like i had scene it as a picture rather than a full vision i guess. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse