Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Bardon Satanic?
Petrus
post Apr 18 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I was doing a search on the Web for a place that I'd found once with Bardon's Evocation online, and discovered it listed on a site that had a booklist of, quote, "Advanced Satanic Texts."

This is a guess, but from what little I've read of Bardon I would tend to suspect that he would find his work being classified as Satanic as being highly objectionable.

Does anyone know of a genuine reason why this book could be classified as being truly Satanic, or is it simply yet another case of Satanists hijacking pretty much everything associated with magic and claiming it to be exclusively a part of their belief system?

I've seen this going on for a while, and to be honest, it's starting to seriously annoy me. I know a Satanist online who apparently has the attitude that if you have anything to do with magic whatsoever, that automatically means that you're engaging in Satanic activity by default, even if your intentions aren't anywhere close to LHP. Do people agree with this, or is it simply yet another example of the ex-Christian/Satanist cognitive dissonance?

The idea of any one particular religion or belief system claiming a monopoly on magic bothers me, however; whether it's Judaism on the one hand, or Satanism on the other.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

loki
post Apr 18 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have no idea why this would be included in anything remotely "satanic". I have no interest in this path as I understand it, but the methods are open to anyone who wishes to use the concepts, despite their leanings. I don't know anybody following this path, but its not exclusive to any path. If anything it was written along the lines of hermeticism, but is not confined to that area.

Loki

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Apr 18 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Bardon's evocation is a treatise on the bare bones of experimental magic. It's completely unspiritual, in terms of God or Satan, and is unbiased in the basis of it's uses, so it's just as much a satanic text as it is a christian text - which is to say, either party could make use of it.

There are, however, basic guidelines put forth in the book that are in line with 'white' or 'right hand path' magic, rather explicitly stated. According to all of bardons work, the justifiable uses of magic essentially amount to opening one's awareness and acceptance to a higher existence in some way - astral projection simply to transcend the fear of death; evocation simply to understand the existence of non-physical beings; mastery of the elements simply to achieve inner balance; much of it reads like the eastern texts on 'siddhis'. So, while it's open to the use of either RHP or LHP, a read straight from the book makes it hard pressed to consider it LHP.

It's funny, I think, how both Christians and Satanists often consider all magical practice satanic. Funny the similarities we find in opposites.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Kaizer
post Apr 18 2008, 04:07 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I't might have something to do with the 360 heads of the earth, being the "demons" found in the book of Abramelin. Personally I think anyone who would consider Bardon's writings as satanic should actually read the material. It's about as straight forward as a book can be, and has nothing to do with satanism.

+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post Apr 18 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

I have not read anything by Bardon, so Ileave that part of your question untouched.

I would like to mention that nearly everything of any kind that I have seen coming from self-professed Satanist, Luciferians, LHP, sect (without exceptions) belies serious ignorance on just about any theological or occult subject brought to the table.

Granted, there are fine scholars among them, and granted that a great deal of what comes from all these organizations has some validity. Barring the "Joy of Satan" nonsense and people who just want to adapt medeival grimoires to "dark" themes in spell-casting, most of the organized Satanic sects have a coherent and applicable philosophy to offer their adherents.

I actually know one Church of Satan priest who said Carl Jung (see "Christ Consciousness and Mandala Meditation") had more to offer for Satanic philosophy than Aleister Crowley.

If you like cognac and old jazz, guns, mobsters, and freaky humor, LaVey's crowd is for you. If you like werewolves, secrets of the nazi overlords, and possibly small children, the Setians have a mailing address and you should contact them. For most other forms of unusual interests, there is a Satanic organization waiting to accept you. But for magic and the occult? Not the slightest chance.

This is not to say that they don't know anything at all, that they cannot cast spells and beseech favors from wicked devils, but simply that what these sects promote is by and large totally lacking in-depth study of any occult discipline. they tend to grab a few of the names and sigils, add whatever else fits their aesthetic sense, and tell you how majestically powerful their black arts are.

"You don't need to know any of that occult nonsense" they will say, and perhaps rightly so, but the vast majority of the adherents do not know the slightest bit of what it is they are dismissing, whle still promoting bits and pieces of it here and there as the great powerful rituals of evil. I don't mean to say that they are all wrong or that they are incompetent, but if you look for magic and the occult among Satanists you will find them to be ignorant on almost all accounts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Apr 19 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Imperial Arts @ Apr 19 2008, 10:54 AM) *

I don't mean to say that they are all wrong or that they are incompetent, but if you look for magic and the occult among Satanists you will find them to be ignorant on almost all accounts.

Thanks, Imperial. That's good to know; especially as something else this guy claimed was that it's supposedly impossible to create servitors that aren't powered by pre-existing demons.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

jesse9209
post Apr 19 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

Bardon has absolutly nothing to do with satanism. In his first book which he says everyone should go through before practicing evocation he sums up the course as leading the magician towards a union with god or in his terminology Divine Providence.

+Quote Post

Asterion
post Jun 2 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

quite correct. Divine Providence. Plus, read the goal oa aim of Initiation into Hermetics, that is step 10. Thats the least satanic thing i could think of.

Enochian has been put in the satanic Bible, is that Demonic or Satanic speech?? guess not.

+Quote Post

Krell
post Jun 26 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

From what I have read he is anything but have you read Frabato? I do not know how any one could construe him to be any thing but a lightworker.

Krell

QUOTE(Petrus @ Apr 18 2008, 11:30 AM) *
I was doing a search on the Web for a place that I'd found once with Bardon's Evocation online, and discovered it listed on a site that had a booklist of, quote, "Advanced Satanic Texts."

This is a guess, but from what little I've read of Bardon I would tend to suspect that he would find his work being classified as Satanic as being highly objectionable.

Does anyone know of a genuine reason why this book could be classified as being truly Satanic, or is it simply yet another case of Satanists hijacking pretty much everything associated with magic and claiming it to be exclusively a part of their belief system?

I've seen this going on for a while, and to be honest, it's starting to seriously annoy me. I know a Satanist online who apparently has the attitude that if you have anything to do with magic whatsoever, that automatically means that you're engaging in Satanic activity by default, even if your intentions aren't anywhere close to LHP. Do people agree with this, or is it simply yet another example of the ex-Christian/Satanist cognitive dissonance?

The idea of any one particular religion or belief system claiming a monopoly on magic bothers me, however; whether it's Judaism on the one hand, or Satanism on the other.

+Quote Post

Uni_Verse
post Jun 26 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

Bardon is in no way Satanic. He goes out of his way in an attempt to propose no ideology, concentrating on practical exercises.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse