Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Ear Plugs... The Perfect "tool"?, Hear me out.
Mchawi
post Dec 1 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Mainly for the aspiring solitarian preferably using invokative methods perhaps.

Unsure about others but I have to share a home with family who are unlikely to show compassion toward my persuits...book burnings, inquizition styled questionings and estrangement loom outside my door each time I practice waiting for a mantra or chant too loud. Yet I fear them not .lol. Defiant I tend to cover myself with dub music. Am "Carribean", part of our culture is based along hebrew ethiopic lines so the whole Yah/Jah thing fits in well, the rolling bass grounds out pretty much everything only problem is that to, "enflame oneself with prayer" you can't really take the time out to consider the thoughts of others complaining about Burning spear being played on repeat everyday for hours on end and of course there's the whole magical voice thing.... wispering is unlikely to imprint itself into the fabric of the universe/ones genetic structure in such a way so as to promote change, so... sitting here, beginning to find my peoples culture irritating confess to have never found dub to be so monotomous... fingers to my ears to better focus on the task at hand I chant and never before have I heard it reverberate so perfectly, with little effort you can feel the vibration throughout the body... rather than externalize and extend ones voice into the depths of the universe why not internalize and deepen ones attempts to the same effect whilst still externalizing to a degree?

Give it a try, simply plug your ears and chant... then agree with me in a post below.

Ya'll hear me?

Peace
.M.

This post has been edited by Mchawi: Dec 1 2009, 08:24 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Dec 2 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Theurgist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mchawi @ Dec 1 2009, 09:17 PM) *

with little effort you can feel the vibration throughout the body... rather than externalize and extend ones voice into the depths of the universe why not internalize and deepen ones attempts to the same effect whilst still externalizing to a degree?

Rather than ear plugs or fingers in your ears try this technique. Vibrate your sphere of sensation non verbally. With a bit of practice you can do so and feel the vibration throughout the body and space as well as "hear" it. I'm not talking about imagination but rather vibrate using your sphere rather than vocal cords or in your mind. When you feel it and hear it coming from around you rather than in your head then your doing it correctly. You'll find it is much more powerful this way.

--------------------

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Dec 2 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #3

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

ya, that was what i was going to say - 'vibrating your aura' is what i would call it - refer to the direct aura manipulation thread

think of the throat chakra (the reconciler of the crown and the heart chakras) as a power amp (pimp my ride), expand it like a frog (nature channel) and pump up the volume (marrs/chemical brothers) til your aura vibrates like a giant sub-woofer (mythbusters)

and instead of using music to drown out your own voice, try a recording of white noise played on repeat through headphones (idoser) - the gamma wave state awaits!

This post has been edited by esoterica: Dec 2 2009, 10:07 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Dec 9 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok... was kind of joking although I actually use ear plugs to meditate and do the MP and other inward focused stuff but yeah.... vibrate your aura? Sounds intresting, should be books on techniques like that or at least a comprehencive PDF *hint hint*.

Adding this one to daily practice, thanks guys.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse