Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Cataclysmic End Of An Age, valid theory?
flyingmojo
post Feb 1 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok, so we've all heard about global warming. Recently, I've heard that not just earth is heating up, though, but the other planets as well.

Plus, it is predicted that within the next few years, we will see the most intense solar flare activity on record (records going back the last 400 years)
See solar flare podcast here:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0vZSIHqr_dc

Okay, now check this video out. This might be a valid theory of a massive cataclysm we will could experience very soon that is actually part of cycle.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtPRyXgO0A

Any thoughts?

--------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
Einstein

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Feb 2 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

yeah, i asked my guides so to speak about global warming and was told that everything is heating up in the whole solar system, including the sun

i asked why is it heating up, and i got that we are entering into the jet that streams forth from the top of the black hole at the center of our galaxy

i asked wouldn't it shoot straight up, why are we hitting it in the galactic plane, and i got that its horizontal not vertical

i asked why haven't we been told of this, and i got that the maya even knew, that's why they picked the venus transit as the 0 for their calendar

and that's what i got, for what its worth - can't prove or disprove it either way, so just another bullet for an already loaded gun pointed at the earth

between the wag the dogs and the jet, this year could be interesting

these also say it will be hillary/obama vs mccain/somebody and hillary wins and gets cancer then obama becomes president and we go back into iraq - so take it with a grain of salt

es

This post has been edited by esoterica: Feb 2 2008, 08:50 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

realm_crawler
post Feb 2 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Now this is actually a VERY pointless discussion or thinking we are all gonna die sooner or later.
So why care if the planet goes whit a bam away its going to be destroyed anyways sooner or later.
AS us... doom sayers ROFL

--------------------

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Feb 3 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #4

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

oh whats the point

for those who care, here are my five tests of a valid life:

1) what is your legacy? (children, teachings, shit, etc)
2) what have you healed? (kinda obvious)
3) what do you carry? (into the afterlife presumably)
4) what have you evolved? (spiritual update)
5) what did you accomplish? (follow your destiny)

the mantra:
"i have lived, i have taught, i have healed, i have said my mind, i have kicked ass and settled old scores, i have raised my vibration, and i can leave happy, with a clear conscience and a light heart"

es

This post has been edited by esoterica: Feb 3 2008, 12:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

SeekerVI
post Feb 3 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

I place my € on, the phrase "and now for something completely different". I don't think we can even comprehend some of the weird changes that are going to occur in the future. Look at how the computer has changed the world, and I don't know of any futuristic sci-fi that predicted the internet. (It would be neat to find... maybe there's a list somewhere of predictions that came true?)

--------------------
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
- Saul Bellow

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Feb 4 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #6

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(SeekerVI @ Feb 3 2008, 02:19 PM) *
I don't think we can even comprehend some of the weird changes that are going to occur in the future.

I second that. I do hope that the world continues to be comfortable to live in for a while longer at least, but sooner or later everything dies - including whole species, whole civilizations, whole eras of war and peace. But what doesn't die is the planet itself (not the stuff growing on it, but the planet it all grows on). I'm not one of those that believes that the human race is the only intelligent species in the universe, so in my opinion, there is life elsewhere and our souls are not restricted to this planet if we aren't able to incarnate on it later on. Just another failed petri dish. Even the damage we're doing is negligible. Not because it isn't a lot of damage, but none of the spirits of forests, mountains, lakes, etc., that I have ever talked to seem the slightest bit worried about anything. A shift in the pole can turn a jungle into a desert - why worry about the slow chipping away that mankind does to the world? Eventually we die, and it all grows up over us to get to the sunlight again, like we were never here.

But in the long run, there will more than likely be life here again, even if everything was wiped out. There's widespread belief that single celled organisms have in the past arrived on interstellar debris, so even if the planet is literally barren (unlikely) life could be seeded here again. It's prime realestate, all the conditions right for life as we understand it which are hard to find in our galaxy at least.

You can't argue with the weather. There's no point in worrying about something on a cosmic scale like that which you can't do anything about. No technology, no science, no magical power, is going to prevent the changes that are happening in our cosmic atmosphere. You just have to stick to the present and trust that life will carry on in some form, and if all intelligent life is destroyed, there will be something else later on.

And in all likelihood, there will be a population that survives. The ice age was pretty bad, but here we are. If things get hot, people will stick to the shade, we'll eek out a living and adapt/evolve, and eventually there will be another change, and we'll do it again. In a way, it's a cosmic engine of evolution. Only in such extreme adverse conditions are we forced to adapt to new environments. Think about where we are now - we might be making intellectual progress, and there's something to that, but in all other ways we're very stationary, people everywhere prefer to maintain the status quo, maintaining ideal conditions (or as close to them) with technology and modern luxury. I think a cosmic catastrophe will do us good, it's time the underevolved were weeded out so the rest of the human race can take a leap forward.

Which sounds calloused, and it is a little bit, but this is simply how nature works. It's not good or bad, it just is, and the will of the universe, the laws that govern everything from the top to the bottom, are never mistaken, wrong, spiteful, or flawed. If it's going to happen, then it's the right thing. Knowing humans we'll try to bump the orbit of the sun or something.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse