Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Studying Hard Gnosis
sasha
post Sep 9 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

studying hard has helped me achieve where i have ignored the alarm in my house that always beeps.
i entered a very non focused state of mind after that where i forgot about anything but myself.
is this gnosis? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Sep 10 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(sasha @ Sep 9 2007, 10:01 PM) *
studying hard has helped me achieve where i have ignored the alarm in my house that always beeps.
i entered a very non focused state of mind after that where i forgot about anything but myself.
is this gnosis? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

Almost, brought on by mental exhaustion. You're very close, that is the first of two typical stages leading to gnosis - depending on the techinique, those stages may be jumbled together, or distinctly one by one. Try allowing yourself to remain in that state as long as possible when it happens. Then something else will happen. Allow yourself to remain in that state of mind, then something else will happen, and that will be gnosis.

You might also consider physically exhausting your body as well, immediately after a hard study like that, so that your mind and body are both exhausted. Continue to push your mind while you work, if you try it that way. This will bring on the second stage more quickly.

peace

p.s. Someone else may mention what those other stages are like, but I think it's better, since you're already on your way so well, to find them yourself, as it'll be easier if you don't know what to expect.

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse