Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Matt's Introduction
Royaltramp
post Nov 19 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hey, I'm Matt, I'm 18, and I'm British. I became interested in the occult a couple of years ago, but let's just say I never really pursued it, I simply put it aside to an industry that was there to profit on people who would easily place faith in something that couldn't be proven.

However I did become interested in shamanism, including the use of entheogenic plants and drugs. This interest pushed me forward and some of my experiences revealed things that I could have never even imagined in prior times. My experiences with ego loss have easily been the most valuable, as they have shown me that it is just the ego that separates us all, and that each mind is linked to each other. Now, by chance, I stumbled upon a couple of books regarding Magick, and this is where I finally realised the science behind it.

I always understood that "personal magick" worked, e.g. you could tell yourself you want to do more of something, and through your subconscious, you'd actively start to pursue that. However the obstacle I faced in the past was that I did not believe you could affect others in this way, but now, with my new-found knowledge of unity, oneness, realising that there is very little separating *my* sub-conscious from *your* sub-conscious.. suddenly "personal magick" is but a step away from magick that affects others, and the world around us.

So, just over a week ago I began to practice properly. Within a couple of days of practicing I made a big mistake of diving in at the deep end, and that got me seriously hurt (both physically and mentally), but I am recovering from that now and starting with small steps, like basic sigil magick. So far the results are positive and I look forward to what I'll be able to achieve in the future.

I signed up here in the hopes of finding an active community of people who share similar interests to me, and I hope I'll get to know some/all of you soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Peace

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Animal Shaman
post Nov 19 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Welcome to the boards Matt. Can you tell us what you were doing that got your self injured? So that we can help you in preventing another mishap.

--------------------
totem guiding me in life right now:
The Frog
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Royaltramp
post Nov 19 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

I regularly journey with entheogenic plants, however in recent journeys I have encountered spirits that I can't seem to move on, mistakenly I attempted a banishment ritual before my last journey, and some 1 or 2 hours into the ritual I completely forgot I was journeying, became I was convinced I was in a waking dream, and started doing things that I would not do had I been awake, which led to me getting quite hurt. I think my injuries (thankfully minor) were just due to a bad environment but it was the physical and spiritual drain the experience has had on me that I believe was due to me attempting to banish spirits who really meant no harm - but just want to move on.

Check out my post here:
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7965&pid=50202&st=0&#entry50202

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Nov 21 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Welcome Matt
Hopefully you will find information on threads, new and old. You may also ask for advice on some things, although outright spell begging is frowned upon. Mostly you will find that you have others who may have similar interests, and are more accepting of yours. You can be yourself here in a way that it is difficult to find among most people.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Draw
post Nov 22 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Welcome Matt!
i'm sure your amazement with magick will continue to grow an i hope your journey is an inspiring one.
Don't forget to look at some of the older posts as this message board is riddled with wisdom.

+Quote Post

Royaltramp
post Nov 23 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #6

Initiate
Group Icon

Thanks for the warm welcome guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And yes Draw, with each day I'm finding more and more new surprises. I really look forward to seeing how I'll improve my life (and hopefully the lives of others) with the techniques I'm learning.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse