Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 An Introduction, is in order
Elodea
post Nov 12 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hi there, as it can be deduced, I am rather new to this site. I am known as Emily and while I don't mind people calling me by my name, you can also call me Elodea. I started practicing a basic form of Magick when a friend on msn spoke to me about Wicca and linked me a site. Being the typical tween, I jumped right in without a second thought or understanding. For several months it went by unnoticed till my mom caught site of the altar and explained it to me. She was rather understanding but it scared me out of practicing for nigh on 3 years. Through this, I would be muddling over the decision of really switching my life from Roman Catholicism to ahem, 'Wicca'. This would be asserted when I turned fifteen and went to a website that I will not define specifically. It was rather a good site though incidentally I would eventually leave it. I was rather unsatisfied because I was running out of posts in which I was able to give insight and activity had been becoming rather scarce (though it was probably just a temporal thing). This leads me up into today in which I've been on and off with practicing Magick, I have evolved out of three different paths in quick succession, that of Wicca, Draconic Wicca and basic Witchcraft. While I had fun playing along with those religions and as interesting as they were, I would find that they would not fit me and in a way, they only fed into fantasies that I would only now devise as unreal and quite hindering to the understanding of it. I can only describe my spirituality as very Eclectic, taking parts of what I have learned and formed my own path.

While I believe in the existence of Gods and Goddesses, I have divined it strictly to spiritual prayer and meditation. However, I also believe in the direct forces of my life, the elements. I have a belief system that relies heavily on the idea that Elements are essences that can form into anything they choose and I can in fact, communicate with these essences through vague imagery. Do these essences make me powerful? In a way. Do they enable me to cast epic fireballs of extreme force that could render my foes as useless whelps? No. they are like forces that seek to help me understand and empower my self through my own direct essence of spirit. Hopefully in a blog I can go more in depth on elemental essence...it would be nice.

To keep the introduction from being too wordy, I will conclude it here. Suffice it to say, I will enjoy speaking with all of you and hope to learn a great deal from this website.

May your respective paths guide you,

Elodea

--------------------
Sometimes you just got to realize humanity doesn't really care about your specialness. Which is why I kinda stopped giving a f%*! on my peculiarities.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Praxis
post Nov 12 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Mage
Group Icon

Hello, Elodea!
Welcome to Sacred Magick!

Glad to see an another Eclectic practitioner.
And looking forward to your contributions here as you choose to share them according to your insights and workings.

(smiles)

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Nov 13 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Welcome to Sacred Magick Forums

Make yourself comfortable and have a look around the different subforums. This site tends towards Ceremonial Magic, but there are some good thread with material on religious aspects of paganism, Chaos Magic, Chinese Qigong and other forms of 'energy work', Sorcery of various kinds, etc. Some of the threads are quite informative, although some are not IMHO. You will get to know which member is experienced and knowledgable and which is not while reading new and old postings. You are likely to pick up the basics of a number of disciplines, as well as the little tidbits that eclectics tend to like.

Just keep on reading and allowing your ideas to evolve. Don't be afraid to change your mind or alter your position as more information comes to you. I've been learning and doing my thing for 25 years or more. I find that I am still learning and my ideas are evolving all the time. I try to be open to other people's ideas and not allow my ego to get in the way. Sometimes you think you understand something well, then you learn something else that shows you how little you really know.

Feel free to ask questions and make comments when the spirit moves you. Being active on the forum may allow you to learn more quickly than being passive. You may even make some friends here.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse