Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Kundalini Yoga
dondadda43
post May 17 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hello all is it poosible for anyone here to give me some insight into where i could find texts or vids on k yoga? Your help is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
The pursuit of truth.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

blackcat
post May 19 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glen Morris. It's not a yoga book but the main point of the book revolves around merging with the Kundalini. Check it out one of my favs on the subject. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Howard

--------------------
Focus on the ignorance not the accomplishment.

+Quote Post

Lucian
post Jun 2 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ave

"The Kundalini Workbook" by John Mumford
"Kundalini Yoga for the Western Mind" by Swami Sivananda Radha

Also, there is a big chunk of "The Yoga Tradition" by Georg Feuerstien (the best book on yoga, imo).

Light In Extension

--------------------
Procul Este Profani!

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Jun 21 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Depends if you're looking for one based on practice or 'theory'... have found that a lot are filled with the standard talk and focus little on actual practice and if they do aren't clear on it at all.

If you want to practice Yoga in general I'd reccomend a DVD, its easier following given examples as you would in a class. For Kundalini its best, to join a class rather than practice at home. A dvd or book dosen't react well to an overoaded chakra and neither advise well in regards to feelings or emotions picked up during practice as a teacher would.

Cool name btw. lol

This post has been edited by Mchawi: Jun 21 2007, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post

straightcurl
post Jan 3 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Kundalini yoga is a good form of yoga. I think all yogas help you with that.
Practicing Pranayama helps too.

I've already had an awakening about 3 years ago. It had risen to my crown already.
I don't practice yoga but I trance and visualize a lot.

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jan 4 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

Generally in asian cultures they hide the principles and theoretical framework behind flowery language. They figure that you should do the practical work first for some time, then when you re-read the classical literature on kundalini yoga or whatever discipline it will make sense to you because you have the background. You find this a lot in Chinese disciplines in any case and I think it is the same with Indian disciplines. The way that they teach it is difficult for us westerners to learn unless we have the personal discipline and perseverance to continue on with the practice and daily grind until we have an epiphany. It isn't something that provides you with instant gratification and can't be packaged into short New Age weekend workshops. I figure that people here realize that, but it bears repeating.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Jan 5 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've studied, practiced and Kundalini yoga and phenomenology for several years before turning my attention to Western occultism. A myriad practices go by the name of Kundalini Yoga, though. Although I didn't go in for the sometimes goofy indoctrination and reasoning, I thought 3HO (Yogi Bhajan's) Kundalini Yoga program was a great starting point. The physical exercises, breathing techniques and what-not strengthen the immune and nervous system for more esoteric forms of Kundalini meditation and arousal. There are lots of books and DVDs out there by 3HO Kundalini yoga instructors and many yoga studios have a Kundalini yoga teacher among them. I recommend that a person start with a physical yoga exercise program before they jump into esoteric chakra meditation and visualization.

The techniques of 3HO can be found in more authentic and less "marketed" yogic systems such as that related to Tibetan yogas (look into a small exercise book called The Five Tibetans) and Bihar School Yoga. I would highly recommend looking into Bihar School Yoga--there are very few centers in the world. though, and the organization isn't into PR. As yoga mysticism goes, they are the real deal. I recommend the book Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. It is very comprehensive and includes a chakra sadhana section. I know they had a Web site that had a wealth of info., I am not sure if it is still up.

Also, there are lots of "gurus" running around who will take your money or your soul and give you "shaktipat" in exchange (they will give you a kundailini type experience). Proceed with caution.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Traceless
post Jan 19 2010, 05:06 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(dondadda43 @ May 17 2007, 12:25 PM) *

Hello all is it poosible for anyone here to give me some insight into where i could find texts or vids on k yoga? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a site with a few texts on yogas. http://www.occult-underground.com/apocrypha.html

--------------------
Trust nothing, Dare all.
IPB Image

+Quote Post

imaginos
post Jul 10 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #9

Initiate
Group Icon

Hi there.
Here is the link of the video that I think the best free Kundalini Yoga video on the web.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnbzxMsjbIk
Also this is not a free video but Kundalini Yoga With Gurmukh is the excellent DVD.
Gurmukh is a very good Kundalini yogi.
I agree with SororZSD23 that 3HO is a great starting point.
As a matter of fact, I am practicing Kundali yoga from one of their branches.
Although I do practice Kundalini yoga every morning by myself, I found it very helpful in a unique way to practice Kundalini yoga in a group setting as well.
The studio is getting filled up with energy when the class is going well and that energy is very unique, let me tell you.
-Imaginos-

This post has been edited by imaginos: Jul 10 2010, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse