Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Coincidence...?, I think not.
Priest
post Feb 24 2009, 03:48 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Throughout the years for as long as I can remember, I've been able to spontaneously yet unconsciously conjure random thoughts into reality. It happens most frequently with films. One day I'll randomly think of a scene in any movie and play it in my head, in that same day I'll think of a different scene in the same movie. Later that day, I'll be scrolling through the channels only to find that movie playing. I'll put the movie on and watch it for some time until one of the scenes I was thinking of that day starts playing. This shoots me into the awareness of how coincidental it was to have seen this movie on the same day I was thinking of it.

I used to think it was coincidence until it happened all the time and never failed.

One thing of note I've noticed is if I *acknowledge* these thoughts as I'm thinking them before I even know if the movie is playing later or not, chances are the movie will not play because of that acknowledgment. Never fails either.
I have noticed the film only shows when I show no real awareness towards the fact that it might show later that day, and I must think of a minimum of 2 scenes or greater to actually see it playing later on.

It's mind blowing when I play the movie and come to the realization that this was the movie I was thinking of today just as the scene reveals this truth to me.

I know this sounds like a silly post and perhaps many of you consider this to be basic stuff that I should learn to control to put to better use. Perhaps it is through some flaw in my own thinking that lets this happen. I am always studying my thoughts and the actions around me and would really like to know what this is about since it's very common and I know Im not the only one who this happens to.

I should also mention this occurs in everyday life as well. If I am driving to work knowing that when I get there all the parking spots will be taken up and I'd have to search for a while before finding one, when I get there it would be rather simple for me to find a parking. Events usually occur in the exact opposite way that my mind knows to expect. In a result of this, most the time whenever I think now I can never truly think of something as absolute fact until it occurs and therefore always am off track or holding on to the possibility that the next thought will be "not so accurate".

Acknowledgment seems to play a huge part in this I've noticed. If I think there will be no parkings when I get there, then catch myself as Im thinking that, I would acknowledge that I could be wrong so I must simply wait it out and see what occurs.

Anyone have any ideas or insight into this kind of thing? Again, this is probably like asking a math leet what two plus two equals...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Feb 24 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

well priest, i recommend you read up on law of attraction. but also, to give you a low down on my take of this: what you put out in energy is what you receive. but also, i think it is a mild form of foretelling what is going to happen. its not a special gift, but rather is an example of how awesome the mind really is. From a logical standpoint, it is not necessarily supernatural at all; the brain is equipped with the powerful ability to pick out complex patterns in our environment, sometimes seemingly random, and piecing together a general prediction on how the pattern will come to conclusion. Its very strongly rooted in the subconscious, but we ARE capable of developing this ability consciously. there is no reason why there is only one truthful explanation to this perceived phenomenon. But i guarantee that it happens more frequently and consistently because you are looking for it too happen. In affect you are programming yourself to look for the signs, and/or your putting out the energy that brings these things to you.

+Quote Post

Priest
post Feb 24 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hmm, thank you for your response! I believe what you're saying to be true and had a small feeling that it might be related to something like this. Whenever I experience or notice something, I have a tendency to break it down and figure out how it works from the start to the outcome. Though I have still a few lingering questions about this.

If it is indeed a mild form of foretelling future occurrences, why does it sometimes fail? Such as when I acknowledge my thoughts and think it will probably happen later.

I agree that it does happen more frequently and has been over the years, I wonder if perhaps knowing we have the ability to program ourselves like this, if we can use the same strategy to somehow control or consciously understand that an event will occur soon in the future instead of an unexpected surprise when it does happen as far as my own experiences go. Maybe even understand when or why. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Feb 24 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Why does it sometimes fail? Well i have a couple theories on this. For one thing...the human brain is fallible after all. Sometimes the pattern is there, but it is not a real one...it is a simulated one...such as a "coincidence". I've realized that this is only one possibility because, i have had circumstances that pointed away from this particular theory. Allow me to explain.

Have you noticed that it is 'the little bird' that you wave off, that is more often the most accurate? For instance, 'a little bird' in the back of my mind whispered to me one of my dogs would get deathly ill. i dismissed it as ludicrous and just my imagination. It happened soon afterword, in exactly the way i visualized it. Big mistake. The dog is okay, but if i had taken the steps to make sure that the 'little bird was wrong'...it would not have been as serious or possibly ever even happened. In acknowledging it, you become more self aware and able to avoid the situation your intuition points to. In realizing that there may not be a lot of parking spaces available, you may hurry to the location so you have enough time to search or wait for one. As a result, there is one that the universe reserved just for you...because you were open and acknowledged the message in the first place.

Lastly, unless you train yourself to distinguish your ordinary dreamy thoughts with that of your "predictions" or heads up...or some even say spirit guide tip-offs...then of course you will be disappointed by the results. Don't be too stubborn to investigate into the odd thought...you will be surprised with what you find.

so while i can offer these various ideas to you...i can't tell you how to train them to come to you more consistently. All i suggest is looking for a familiar feeling that you can associate with these regular predictions and learn to recognize them when they flit through your mind. You should be able to...while i am not the best at it, i have gotten BETTER at distinguishing a regular and an irregular thought.
The important thing is don't take them for granted, and don't desensitize yourself to their message. Or they'll kick you in the butt and come back to haunt you.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse