Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Psychokinesis, Rare Ability Or Not.
telempath
post Nov 20 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Do you think psychokinetic gifts are rare and why (either yay or nay)? It seems like everyone has sensory gifts out of the wazoo, but it seems as if it is rare for people to have psychokinetic abilities.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Scarlett_156
post Nov 20 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

The first exercise I always give students is very simple and can be done by anyone--I have taught children to do this, even.

Obtain an outdoor thermometer--the kind people put out on the porch to see how hot it is out there--and set it on your desk or table in a room where there is no draft or source of heat/light that goes right onto the thermometer. Wait until the temperature shown on the thermometer has been steady for a few minutes, then start trying to make the temperature in the room go up by a couple of degrees (which is easier than making it colder).

If you practice this once or twice a day you should see results within a week or less.

After you have succeeded in making the temperature go up a bit, then work on making it colder. Keep working on this exercise until you can pretty much get a result every time you try. Then work on doing this in a room where there are people. Make the temperature go up until someone complains about how warm it is in the room--and do the same with cold.

The next exercise I usually give involves wind chimes. Obtain some wind chimes and hang them in the room where nothing will disturb them and there is no draft. Make them chime just using your mind alone.

This is a much more difficult exercise than the temperature one. It may take you quite awhile before you can make the wind chimes chime in the absence of wind or other motivating force, but persist!

Psychokinesis is quite easy to learn and will operate apart from whatever one "believes" about it.

I hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have any questions. Much love, Scarlett

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

paxx
post Nov 20 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #3

Resident Fool
Group Icon

Nice topic.

I am kind of with scarlet 156 on this. I think some have more ability in this field then others…like anything. I also feel it can be learned. And there are not enough people pursuing it to know the limits or the average ability one can do with this.

However I am always one for practicality.
I think most people do not endeavor to increase this capability because they can do most things they need to in other ways, why add to the work load.

On the flip side, surgery and such would be greatly assisted doing this. Once someone can come up with a training method that added control and repeatable results, I would not be surprised that this area would be studied much more in depth.

--------------------
--Paxx

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Nov 23 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

I don't know how rare it is, but I do cranio-sacral therapy on people and have taught it successfully to a few people. Cranio-sacral therapy involves psychokinesis as part of it. We can perhaps give personal examples, but I am not aware of any studies done on this subject.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Jan 16 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

More people seem to be interested in pk, opposed to any other psionic skill. I think it comes from the novelty of being able to move things with your mind.

Now, if you're talking about natural abilities, that's different. It's the other way around, more people seem to be natural emapths/telepaths than psychokinetic.

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Apr 1 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think all abillities, psychic or otherwise are something that anyone can perform. To a certain extent(!) of course. My opinion only but still. Ive noticed that with the right technique and set of beliefs and conditions etc.. anyone can do pretty much anything, if only a little. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Anyhow, when it comes to spontenious bursts of energy. Items can be moved or wierd things can happan in the phisical realm. It does not mean people suddenly posess powers that come out of nowhere and know how to use them. When people go through extreme emotional states or change energeticaly they vibrate in a very high concentrated state of energy. That energy can bump into things which are phisical and accidentaly move them. On the other hand it can mess electirical systems and even effect flame or any other element. So its really not a big deal, and on the other hand not an indication of a "gift".

I personaly do not believe in "gifts". We live in a world in which you either know how something works and have enough power to influance it(which you build over time together with expirience) or you dont. No one has "special" abillities that they can instinctively use out of the bloom without knowing anything of the process. That usualy happans on tv, because otherwise we would be very old before the main character figures out the flow of the universe and how to interact with it to do various super-natural fits.

Again, just my opinion.

I may sound a bit harsh saying this. But reading such things is like a slap on the face to people who work hard and get real results. When I mean "real" Im talking about results which they can repeat whenever they like and are in control of whatever is happaning.

I do not mean to offend anyone. I just see this in a lot of forums. Its great to believe that you are "naturaly" granted with some kind of power or something else along those lines, but "gifts" and "abilities" require effort and expirience. Otherwise they are wasted. so you may start out with a high energetic potential or a very developed this or that, but unless you learn how to work it better, its not much of anything.

*hides after writing all that and waits for the rocks to be thrown at the words of harassy* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

This post has been edited by Shimi: Apr 1 2008, 03:41 AM

+Quote Post

telempath
post Apr 10 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shimi @ Apr 1 2008, 04:35 AM) *
I personaly do not believe in "gifts". We live in a world in which you either know how something works and have enough power to influance it(which you build over time together with expirience) or you dont. No one has "special" abillities that they can instinctively use out of the bloom without knowing anything of the process. That usualy happans on tv, because otherwise we would be very old before the main character figures out the flow of the universe and how to interact with it to do various super-natural fits.

Again, just my opinion.

I may sound a bit harsh saying this. But reading such things is like a slap on the face to people who work hard and get real results. When I mean "real" Im talking about results which they can repeat whenever they like and are in control of whatever is happaning.

I do not mean to offend anyone. I just see this in a lot of forums. Its great to believe that you are "naturaly" granted with some kind of power or something else along those lines, but "gifts" and "abilities" require effort and expirience. Otherwise they are wasted. so you may start out with a high energetic potential or a very developed this or that, but unless you learn how to work it better, its not much of anything.

You are able to move your legs without knowledge of the complex interactions of tendons, neurological impulses, skeletal movement, etc. You can move various parts of your body without being knowledge in how or why it does it. The idea that "everyone" has something or that "everyone" is equal is completely unrealistic. You have people who practice something for years (metaphysical or not) and get minimal results, whereas you get someone who is naturally gifted in that area and excels. Then you have people who practice for years and excel further than those who are naturally gifted in any area. In my experience, personally, I did have "special abilities" that I can use out of the bloom. Now that I am older, I understand their dynamics, but as a young child I simply knew that I could feel the world around me and that I could reach out naturally and connect with something in the environment. It was as natural as reaching out and picking an apple off of a tree. You are right, everyone is capable of performing psi to a certain extent (due to the dynamics of consiousness and all that good stuff), however, the scope and intensity is limited by that person's own personal capacity. Take people who are your gut intuitives and then take your people who are full blown precognitive that see multiple future pathways. Same gift different gap in intensity and power. Take a person who was naturally born with the ability to see multiple pathways. They had this skill their entire life. It is as natural as sight to them. Take any other psi or psionic ability, including psychokinesis, and you will get the same result.

If you aren't naturally good at it, yes it takes alot of work and sweat, but for people who are already on the level that you are working towards, it is not a big thing. It is unrealistic to say that everyone has the same capacity or that you can be as good as someone else by work, I mean that in all areas of life. Some people are richer than other's, some are born, smarter, some more fit, some more attractive, etc. No matter how much work you do, it may not be enough to close that gap in power in any area of life. Some people are just born with things going for them. So, yes, there are people gifted with "special" abilities (I am defining ability as an extraordinary talent in an area). I disagree with you on the point of learning how to work with them, though. What a person chooses to do with their gifts is their concern. I have actually had people tell me that I am wasting my potential due to my moral ethics (I am what I call a projective/receptive telepathic empath). To me, I am not. Some people are content just letting it be. Very few people reach that state of letting it flow naturally. Thinking of it as a skill actually can hamper your success at it. It is more or so senses/limbs that are fixed to your mind. When a person is able to understand the seamless natural flow of psi (using it in the original sense describing psychic phenomenon not describing the term "psi energy") they are able to use it with little more than a thought. I never had to put up with crappy visualization and sensations that can be misinterpreted as nothing more than bio feedback. I simply just did it, partly out of instinctual knowledge.

They are so natural to me that I use them in my everyday life. I am best at manipulating temperature, so if I am too hot, I cool the room down. Make me angry with your loud music and I will fry your stereo. I can do large scale things, but that is another story. The point is that I have been able to do this since I was a small child with no prior knowledge. It was instinctual and natural to me. It is like an extra set of eyes/arms.

QUOTE(Fearn @ Jan 16 2008, 02:48 AM) *
More people seem to be interested in pk, opposed to any other psionic skill. I think it comes from the novelty of being able to move things with your mind.

Psychokinesis is the mind or consiousness affecting matter. Telekinesis is moving an object. Telekinesis is a psychokinetic ability, however, is not psychokinesis all by itself. I was using psychokinesis in the context of the mind affecting all matter. I am a micro psychokinetic. I have the ability to affect whatever I choose in multiple ways, however, someone who is telekinetic would be limitied to influencing the object as a whole typically in a set number of patterns. Take the bending the fork exercise. A purely psychokinetic person would will the moluecular bonds in the fork to shift, which would cause the fork to bend. A telekinetic person would make the fork bend with the weight and involvement of their consiousness. Telekinesis os often times referred to as macro-psychokinesis.

This post has been edited by telempath: Apr 10 2008, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Apr 14 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

We can both agree, Telempath, that there is a diffrence between your body, which you inhabit, and objects that are outside of it.

Other then that. I didnt write that there werent any people who are more "gifted" then others in certain regards. Just that practice and knowledge make for better results and control. Also, regarding those who "can", and those who "cannot", that anyone can achieve results to a certain point and you do not have to be declared "gifted" just to be able to reach certain places. (personaly dont see why you have a problem with this statemeant)

In my view, its hard work and practice that make anyone able of reaching the same place. (even if some have a bit of extra in certain areas, that give them an easier time of reaching there)

Again, I dont know why people have to believe they are "special" just so they can get enough motivation to do something. Or get imidiate results, without putting in the time and effort, to achieve them. Just seems silly to me. If my life was perfect, or If I only had good expiriences with both spiritual things and social parts of my life, then Im sure I wouldnt have any(if at all) motivation to reach where I am today. Also, I too admit, that being called special by others gave me what I needed mentaly to go to those places. I needed that confirmation from others, to get that push, to move onwards with this subject. Though now, that Ive grown somewhat, I can tell you that with what I know anyone can achieve greatness just by putting their very best into it and it doesnt matter if someone tells them they are "special" or worthy of it.

The right kind of understanding(by "right" i mean the technique that suits a certain individual's set of mind and view of the world), and knowing the mechanism your working with, is what in my view makes a person able to do anything from influancing the phisical world, people, spirits, entities, and even TK or telepathy. None of us is better then anyone else, or has something that makes them more "special" or "unique" then any other. We are all just diffrent and have sides to us that are more developed.(though it does not mean that what is less, but still there, cannot be developed to reach any point you desire)

Without hopefully making you mad(not my intention), from personal expirience people say that they can do an awful lot. Though when it comes to the "how" which shows what exactly they changed or manipulated to achieve the result... they are usualy lacking in explanations, other then the popular "its because I am gifted and its easy for me". (not to mention the "I cannot show you now, or do it whenever I want to, because I need certain conditions met" when confronted) That just usualy shows me that their overly developed "abbilities" only work by accident or when supported from various mental states or phisical conditions, and the person in question(that doesnt know the way to manipulate those abbilities or the world around them) just takes advantage of those accidental "hits" where he didnt even have to know much to begin with, for whatever it is to manifest in phisical reality(again, without their control over the process).

So just saying. It is after all my personal opinion. No need to agree with it or accept it. Just seems logical to me. (doesnt mean that you are worng or i am absolutly correct) Mostly what Ive found out from personal expiriences with people. (on the net and otherwise)

I personaly do not believe anyone has "more" or "less" then anyone else. We are all wonderfull and full of so much. If at all there was something to blame, it would be the body(the shell that holds us) that is lacking sometimes, either because of weakness or illness, that makes it less potent to use whatever power it holds within... when at the same time others use their own better, with bigger and more potent results. I dont think there is any person alive who has a less "powerfull" soul. Or a soul that lacks something others have, unless we are talking about various memmories and past life expiriences. :S
I would even add that people who are mentaly unstable or unable to grasp complex ideas, are ones who will also not be able to achieve various things because of this handycap. Just seems more reasonable to me, personaly.

Also, I really(!) disagree with letting others tell you what you are capable of or not and following their advice. On the other hand making it even worse by putting yourself in a catagory that makes it seem like that tiny little ability is the best thing you can do or ever achieve, and at the same time shutting off and mentaly weakening your position in other catagories that you and everyone else are more then able to use.

(and for future refrence, please dont assume about what I know or if I am otherwise gifted or not in whatever it may be, since you do not know me. Its only natural since I give you the same respect and only talk from my personal view of things, without including people individualy even if I do not see with them eye to eye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

Anyhow. Take it or leave it. I just wanted you to understand where I stand and my view. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) No hard feelings. ^^

This post has been edited by Shimi: Apr 14 2008, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post

telempath
post Apr 15 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shimi @ Apr 14 2008, 11:05 AM) *
Without hopefully making you mad(not my intention), from personal expirience people say that they can do an awful lot. Though when it comes to the "how" which shows what exactly they changed or manipulated to achieve the result... they are usualy lacking in explanations, other then the popular "its because I am gifted and its easy for me". (not to mention the "I cannot show you now, or do it whenever I want to, because I need certain conditions met" when confronted) That just usualy shows me that their overly developed "abbilities" only work by accident or when supported from various mental states or phisical conditions, and the person in question(that doesnt know the way to manipulate those abbilities or the world around them) just takes advantage of those accidental "hits" where he didnt even have to know much to begin with, for whatever it is to manifest in phisical reality(again, without their control over the process).

You are comparing psi to a set of complex mental interactions when that is not the case. A person does not need to know about the balance of normal force and gravity and Newton's Law of Every Action having an opposite but equal action to walk. You simply walk. The bulk of psi is mostly sensing and interacting, therefore, all you have to do is open up your senses and simply reach out with your mind. It really isn't that hard. Over complicating something to death puts up a barrier.

We can both agree, Telempath, that there is a diffrence between your body, which you inhabit, and objects that are outside of it.

Only difference in form. The objects outside of the body are made of molecules which are made up of protons and neutrons, which are composed of leptons and quarks. Electrons move around the nucleus but at such a distance that there is a ton of space called the quantum vacuum. This makes up matter. There is a mind matter connection (for articles on the topic visit this page of my site, I don't want to go too deep into it). Other findings suggest that consiousness resides in the field surrounding the brain (cemi field theory). Experiments in psi indicate that psi phenomenon seem to violate the traditional laws of physics due to the fact that it can't e shielded by a Faraday cage and is not limited to distance, so some theorize that it is in the form of a low frequency EM emission. A person who is psychokinetic simply links to the object and affects it. A person can argue the energy paradigm, saying that a person can send energy into an object to get an affect, however, one would have to first establish where that energy came from and what is manipulating that energy. This, of course would be the mind, so therefore, it would be an act of psychokinesis on the energy which in turn manipulates the thing. Some theorize that the energy used in psi is a result of a thing called bioplasma that seems to be linked to the consiousness of the organism, therefore, it would still be the mind. Matter is all one, and a psychokinetic person instinctual and naturally understands this. I knew this long before I started studing.

I personaly do not believe anyone has "more" or "less" then anyone else. We are all wonderfull and full of so much. If at all there was something to blame, it would be the body(the shell that holds us) that is lacking sometimes, either because of weakness or illness, that makes it less potent to use whatever power it holds within... when at the same time others use their own better, with bigger and more potent results. I dont think there is any person alive who has a less "powerfull" soul. Or a soul that lacks something others have, unless we are talking about various memmories and past life expiriences. :S
I would even add that people who are mentaly unstable or unable to grasp complex ideas, are ones who will also not be able to achieve various things because of this handycap. Just seems more reasonable to me, personaly.

That is very idealistic, but unrealistic. Who is worth more, the head of a nation or a homeless person. Who would have more of an impact, realistically. I respect your personal belief, but in reality, I don't see it practiced much, otherwise there would be no social class due to the fact that every one is equal. Psi or psionics doesn't rely on the soul, well it depends on how you define the soul. I personally feel the soul is separate from the mind, while some others say that the soul is the mind, but anyways, spirtual philosphy, vedic, etc need not apply. If you try and approach psi or psionics like you approach magick, more than likely would would be met with alot of "work", resistance, and minimal results. It has more to do with the strength of of the mind versus strength of the spirit.

I would also like to point out that I have a learning disability and I am mentally unstable (schizo affective bipolar disorder with sociopathic tendencies) and I am able to do these things just fine (suprisde aren't you). As I said it is an instinctual understanding and sensing of what makes things things and the interacting with that. It doesn't take that much to move a hand does it? Well think of this as a mental hand.

With a thought I could easily fry an entire computer network. I don't need to know the complex ideas or interactions or theory that surrounds the action in order to do it, I simply just have to do it.

This post has been edited by telempath: Apr 15 2008, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Apr 16 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

You completely missed what I wrote to be honest. :S No one is forcing you to break your head open to learn all the elements of what you are doing, though you should allready know them since you change them and move them about to create whatever it is you are creating. Just by applying what you apply on reality. (if indeed you reach the results you claim) If you remmember my post in the "shadows" you can notice i am far from being one who likes things overly complicated. Again, dont claim to know what I am saying, better then me.

If indeed you are so compelled coming back to the phisical so badly. Let me remind you that the diffrence between you and your body and a can of cola, is that your body has nerves attached to muscles together with electrical pulses the brain creates effortlessly to move the body. Lacking those(both muscles in the cola and nerves from the brain to it) the brain wont be able to move it so easily as you describe without some energetic way to do it that does not involves your hand on the "off switch" of the computer network to do it. >> Cause that can be done by anyone, no offense. Because no lifeless phisical object will create any phisical attachment to your body. So if you dont have any "understanding" of the process or expirience of it, in a way that does not include phisical laws. I doubt you can perform it.

Furthermore, I think you are very egoistic and let me explain to you exactly why. Wether you are wearing the clothes of a king and live like one... or a homeless person in the streets, It has nothing to do what so ever with the soul and peoples potential or abillities as you call them. Even more then that, it doesnt make you any more of a person. The only thing you gain is a title and some more stuff in a bigger house. So excuse me if i wont take your word for it, just because you want to be viewed by others as someone with extra, that makes you better or more then others. When your absolutly ordinary.

Other then that, I didnt mean people who are mentaly unstable. I meant those that are mentaly retarted. Who are unable to percieve complex ideas, etc etc..
Being mentaly unstable, or overly emotional(or even delusional somtimes) does not mean you lack the ability to understand the process of the things you are dealing with or how they operate. So im not the least bit surprised.

The only thing i got from this whole conversation is that you will not accept my view of the world as a valid option, and thats ok. So i think it would be best, as a finish line, to agree to disagree. Was a nice debate after all, Ill just quit it honestly since i hate repeating myself when the other person does not wish to understand my side and only to criticize it. :S

*waves at him and vanishes to do things that are more productive with his life*

(as the one who started this thread I was hoping youd actually be intrested in why people think diffrent things, though I guess you just wanted to hear from others why your view of things is correct. I just dont understand why start a thread to begin with on something you are absolutly sure of and know to be true for you. If you dont care about the opinion of others, why ask for it to begin with? *puzzled* there is no way in hell i will recite the opinions of others back to them, just for an ego boost. So do tell me now so i know if to participate in future disscusions where you are the one who started the topic. )

This post has been edited by Shimi: Apr 16 2008, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post

telempath
post Apr 16 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shimi @ Apr 16 2008, 04:51 PM) *
If indeed you are so compelled coming back to the phisical so badly. Let me remind you that the diffrence between you and your body and a can of cola, is that your body has nerves attached to muscles together with electrical pulses the brain creates effortlessly to move the body. Lacking those(both muscles in the cola and nerves from the brain to it) the brain wont be able to move it so easily as you describe without some energetic way to do it that does not involves your hand on the "off switch" of the computer network to do it. >> Cause that can be done by anyone, no offense. Because no lifeless phisical object will create any phisical attachment to your body. So if you dont have any "understanding" of the process or expirience of it, in a way that does not include phisical laws. I doubt you can perform it.

Furthermore, I think you are very egoistic and let me explain to you exactly why. Wether you are wearing the clothes of a king and live like one... or a homeless person in the streets, It has nothing to do what so ever with the soul and peoples potential or abillities as you call them. Even more then that, it doesnt make you any more of a person. The only thing you gain is a title and some more stuff in a bigger house. So excuse me if i wont take your word for it, just because you want to be viewed by others as someone with extra, that makes you better or more then others. When your absolutly ordinary.

If you noticed, I was pointing out why I disagreed with the content of your post without saying anything about your character, I would appreciate the same same courtesy. I didn't say anything about the soul. Psionic abilities come from the mind and the brain. It is the mind. All that is necessary to perform such functions is a mind and the ability to sense and interact with things, therefore, how "old" your soul is has no bearing upon it. It is a mental thing. It is the mind that performs the action, whether it be by direct contact, or by manipulating energy. You missed the entire quantum aspect of what I was talking about. A can of cola is composed up of molecules, atoms, protons, neutrons, leptons, and quarks with electrons circling an outer shell. The thing that gives the atom its properties is the mass of the protons the neutrons, their number, and the number of electrons on its outer shell with the quantum vacuum in between. The human body is composed up of carbon molecules, atoms, and bonds. All things are pretty much quantumly entangled in one way or the other.

Quantum entanglement is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which the quantum states of two or more objects are somehow linked together so intimately that one object cannot be adequately described without full mention of its counterpart — even though the individual objects may be spatially separated. This interconnection leads to correlations between observable physical properties of remote systems. For example, quantum mechanics holds that states such as spin are indeterminate until such time as some physical intervention is made to measure the spin of the object in question.

Then you have a concept of entropy.

Entropy is a measure of the number of accessible states, i.e., options, available
to a system (described in any statistical thermodynamics text, e.g., Landau &
Lifshitz, 1980). It is sometimes described loosely as a measure of the disorder of
a system.
The concept of entropy applies only to large systems, but it can be illustrated
using a simple example. In Figure 1, System A consists of one marble and three
positions. The system is divided such that the left-hand section, having two
positions and one marble, is separated by a barrier from the right-hand section,
having one position and no marbles. As shown, there are two possible options
for the system. System B is like System A, but with the barrier removed. It has
more options, as shown. The entropy of System B would be larger than that of
System A (if the entropy concept applied to such small systems).
The second law of thermodynamics may be stated as follows:

In a closed system, the things in the system have a certain amount of options available. It can't decrease. It can only remain the same or increase. When one system is open up to another, it then has more options. It can mix with that system, increase, or decrease. In thermodynamics, the energy is absorbed from the hot object by the cold object thereby making the cold object warm and the hot object a little bit colder. There has been shown a mind matter connection (meaning that the mind has some sort of material form and is connected and not independent of matter at the very least). In an open state of direct quantum entanglement of the mind with the matter of something else, it is possible to influence that matter (psychokinesis), due to that system no longer being closed and there being more options available to that system.

Other then that, I didnt mean people who are mentaly unstable. I meant those that are mentaly retarted. Who are unable to percieve complex ideas, etc etc..
Being mentaly unstable, or overly emotional(or even delusional somtimes) does not mean you lack the ability to understand the process of the things you are dealing with or how they operate. So im not the least bit surprised.

The only thing i got from this whole conversation is that you will not accept my view of the world as a valid option, and thats ok. So i think it would be best, as a finish line, to agree to disagree. Was a nice debate after all, Ill just quit it honestly since i hate repeating myself when the other person does not wish to understand my side and only to criticize it. :S

You are assuming that it takes the ability to grasp complex ideas and thoughts. I was engaged to a fire starter who I had been dating for some years. He is mentally retarded and he is as strong as holy heck. One merely needs a mind and that sensory pathway to be open to establish such feats with the proper capacity.
(as the one who started this thread I was hoping youd actually be intrested in why people think diffrent things, though I guess you just wanted to hear from others why your view of things is correct. I just dont understand why start a thread to begin with on something you are absolutly sure of and know to be true for you. If you dont care about the opinion of others, why ask for it to begin with? *puzzled* there is no way in hell i will recite the opinions of others back to them, just for an ego boost. So do tell me now so i know if to participate in future disscusions where you are the one who started the topic. )

It is simple. I have my opinion on it from personal observation and I wanted other's. Psychokinesis is tied to ESP, therefore, anyone with a substantial amount of psi should be able to perform it, so I believe it to be a rare gift among those who learn psionics later in life. In the general populace of natural psion's (I am not implying superiority in that sentence just categorizing), such abilities are instinctual and more common, meaning one did not have to learn them one always had access along with instinctual understanding. I am disagreeing on your stance that everyone can be at the same level or close to it with work. Some people are just born with a little bit extra in all areas of life and, spiritually, we may or may not be all equal but in the physical world, there are differences in equality that are very obvious in our world.

This post has been edited by telempath: Apr 16 2008, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse