Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Tornado Disaster, In Windsor Colorado
Acid09
post May 27 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Hey all I don't know how many of you have been following the news lately but Windsor Colorado was nearly wiped off the map by an F2-F3 tornado last week. Had the storm struck just a mile further west the dammage would have been far worse. Fortunately only 7 so have been reported dead. Windsor is a city nut but ten miles from where I live myself. We all knew there was going to be a tornado and it could have easily been my city that was struck instead. Something like 200 million dollars done in property damage and even more in terms of secondary damage caused by hail (tenis ball sized I kid you not). My uncles roof and siding was shredded, the wind shield on his truck was shattered. His aunt's house was also damaged. I did some volunteer work a few days back and let me tell you I've never seen anything like that before. I've heard about it on the news but I've never actually witnessed that kind of destruction. The only way to really describe it is like someone bombed the place. Some 240 homes and businesses were damaged, deemed unsafe or out right destroyed.

The American Red Cross is aiding in disaster relief and there are federal/state funds are flowing to the town but according to local news any financial assistance is still greatly needed. They did say they do not need food or other such commodities the main thing right now is generating money. Be it 5 or 500 dollars if you or someone you know would be willing to help out the construction call 303-831-HELP make sure you ear mark any donations to the windsor tornado relief fund.

Thanks

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 27 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

Huh, Georgia got an f-1 last week. Interesting...

V

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post May 27 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

It didn't hit anything other than cows hopefully? The very next day the region got hit with more tornados. Just in my humble opinion I think it is a sign of global warming and I think as things get hotter we're going to see more and more disasters on an even grander scale. This tornado hit the south east part of the city, like I said, had it been a more direct hit it could have been a lot worse. But none the less I figured I'd put the word out as best as I could. Some of the people affected are people I know personally and knowing that that could have been me and my family hit by that storm instead I 'dsure hope people would help the community out.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Esoterigma
post May 28 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Mm~~ It seems that more and more disasters are occurring world-wide and yes, it could very likely be due to global warning and the strange current-patterns occuring in the seas.
We hear about the major ones, like in Myanmar and China... but we often miss the smaller ones occuring everywhere~~
Also...we seems to have become more selfish.... we don't feel the severity of a disaster unless if it happens to us.... Altruism appears to be extinct in the modern era.
My parents (....under my 'stong' recommendation...^^) has donated to World Vision to help improve the conditions in Myanmar and China.... but smaller disasters are often ignored...but that's unfortunately inevitable.
I can only pray and hope that despite the consequences that the greenhouse effect is having on this world..... eveyone will be in peace~~ Be it the survivors or the dead.

On a sidenote, although some may say that humans have absolutely 'nothing' to do with Global Warming...... they know(at least i hope they do~) that they are really just BS-ing. What with all the greenhouse gases(CO2, CO4, N2O, O3.....and so on) that are produced at a shockingly accelerating rate(esp the U.S. and China).... how can anyone say that humans have no responsibility over this? They know they're just kidding themselves~~

Anyhow, back to topic~~kinda~~
It's interesting to note here...that we learn to be/feel connected to certain ppl in this world, and we feel intense feelings when we hear that there is the slightest possiblity that they are hurt.... The way society and our own social mechanisms work.... are just fascinating~~

I guess i've rambled enough here, Acid09(heard a bit about you too~~ nothing bad, I assure you~ >.^ ~ *chuckles* ...well....maaaaaybe nothing bad~~~~~)

calm and peace to all those suffering out there,
Esoterigma

--------------------
~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~
IPB Image
~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 28 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

Hope you guys get more relief donations. A terrible thing, senseless disaster like that.

As for georgia, it killed a bunch of people on highway five right outside my mother's neighborhood, apparently it touched down on the highway. It tore through her neighborhood, but didn't completely destroy any houses, mostly just trees and fence posts lodge in... trees and fence posts, and roofs, walls, windows, etc. Managed to narrowly avoid my mothers house, but hit her next door neighbor. It skipped over my friend Allison's mother's house as well some twenty miles west. The highway was the only major carnage as I hear it.

I'd attribute it to global warming. But, according to a recent study while we may get more tornadoes, we're supposed to get fewer hurricanes. Fair trade? *shrug* I've only seen a couple of tornadoes during a brief stay in minnesota, and I think once when I was too small to remember. Such an awesome destructive force, certainly kind of reminds us all what a dangerous world it really is. And beautiful. Incredible, I always thought, how something so dangerous and powerful can be so marvelous at the same time. Beautiful isn't always safe (a very general statement, that). We're at the mercy of nature at any given time. Tornadoes in the midwest, hurricanes off the coast, earthquakes in china, tsunamis on the asian coast... Betcha a supervolcano goes sometime in the next, oh, five to eight years. I'd move far away from them in the next couple of years, is all I'm saying.

With all the weather and tectonic chaos in the last few years, a dead planet with no atmosphere starts to sound kinda cozy.

peace
v

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 28 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #6

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

as the solar-system warming continues as we move further into the beam or whatever it is, its only going to get worse

i speak to the elementals about not trashing our house, but where to send the thing if it doesn't hit us? - who am i putting it on if it doesn't hit us? - i used to try to specify cornfields and pastures and stuff, but then the poor animals get thrashed or they starve cause the owner's crops get it - now i just ask to keep it off the ground and shield as much as possible under it when i hear a report

i have no money to contribute to anything, but i do say prayers for the dead and injured

2008 has certainly been the year of "achievement, abundance, executive, strength, self-disciplined, power, success, authority, psychology, entrepreneur, intensity, supervisor, provider, grandeur, material manifestor", i.e., 'manifestation' - 2009 is "humanitarian, compassionate, romantic, selfless, generous, philanthropic, loving, wisdom, idealist, artistic, spiritual healer, all allowing, other worldly, blending", so i guess that would be 'acceptance'

if the bible is right and the thing is on dec 31, 2012, then june 2009 is the start of the 42 months of tribulation - whichever president (moe, larry or curly) will have their hands full

2009 could bring ufo disclosure, which will please some folks that have been fighting hard for it - i want rights for non-corporeal entity next lol

we still have to make it through 2008 first though

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Acid09
post May 28 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #7

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Well I will say that like love spells, magick involving the weather is something I feel ethically obligated to avoid. By altering rain, temp or air preasure one would recklessly endanger the lives of many.

I'd attribute it to global warming. But, according to a recent study while we may get more tornadoes, we're supposed to get fewer hurricanes. Fair trade?

I heard the opposite. From the various things I've read online or saw on TV as the oceans get warmer there will be more hurricanes as they will occur earlier in the season, more will be F4s and F5s and more will hit the Gulf shore in the south east US. I could be wrong though. Sense I live on the great plains hurricanes were never really a major concern. In fact as far as weather out here the only two major things we ever get out here are nasty blizzards and tornados. Where I am at most are not that big but there are a lot of them and some are bound to hit a settlement of some kind.

On a sidenote, although some may say that humans have absolutely 'nothing' to do with Global Warming...... they know(at least i hope they do~) that they are really just BS-ing

Well just in defense of those who claim human activities have done little to cause global warming a while back I took a class in astronomy and astronomers not only deal with complex math in relation to celestial bodies but also geology, meterology and several other "ologies". One of the things we did in that class, just for fun, was calculate the total volume of gas in the earths atmosphere. Ok the amount of gas in the earth's atmosphere is some like 6.8 x 10 to the 16th. Now while that number is probably off the point is there is a LOT of gas in the atmosphere. So much so that we went ahead and figured how many years it would take for humans to increase the amount of CO2 by one 1% and it was over 1000 years - given that CO2 emissions remained relatively stable and the mean production of green house gasses doesn't go up. Now scientist don't exactly know how long or how much CO2 it takes to increase the earth's temperature by one degree, but some estimates claim that if CO2 emissions remain relatively stable it would take over 10,000 years of human activity to really mess up the earth's atmosphere - but its not like they really know. One thing scientist do know is that the earth releases far more green house gasses than humans, mainly do to volcanism and methane gasses from the ocean (methane is 10 times more potent as a green house gas than CO2). The counter weight is really life forms that convert those gasses to oxygen (mainly phytoplankton on the ocean and trees).

One thing that both sides of the arguement can agree on (weather you blame humans for global warming or not) is that humans have done little to prevent until now and even then I think if we are to really take this seriously it should be our number one priority.

Now I'm just babbling off topic. This is not suppose to be about global warming, but an attempt to put the word out that people I know need help and how you guys can help them. Again if you personally cannot contribute to the disaster relief, maybe find someone who can and if you live in the area you can volunteer any time.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jul 20 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #8

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

The following link goes to a video my dad emailed me. Its of the actual tornado and it was taken by a security camera of some place just outside of town. The tornado is HUGE! The town is lucky it wasn't hit more directly. It takes it a second to really start playing and its only like 40 seconds long too. But still pretty neat.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/Aci...nt=Tornado1.flv

Then this video is one I pulled off youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfYuT0oalXQ

This post has been edited by Acid09: Jul 20 2008, 05:03 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Krell
post Jul 21 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Wow, so much happening in my personal life, I did not hear of all this. However I am not surprised. I believe it is the end of this world, as in Native American use of the term. We would be in the 4th going to the 5th. Many Council Fires is a small interesting book on their "legends", talks about the worlds.

I used to live in Boulder, can't imagine a tornado in Windsor I had friends there. This is just the beginning. I Live in St. Petersburg, FL, look at the map don't want to be here. 2009 is our target date to get out.

There are 2 interesting books about what is likely to occur. http://www.sanctusgermanusbooks.com/ you can get them from Amazon or from the author in Canada he signs them, and is the CD is less the the USD it is a better deal. I wouldn't hold you breath that the dollar will come back up, I hope it will, make it easier to get the heck out of here.

Here is the thing about the The Sanctus Germanus Prophecies, one I found out about them through a bombardment of "coincidences". I read them, don't look for a happy book here, he may even be painting a darker picture, then will happen. The other thing is that I gave them to my Mom to read. She took her time and I kept asking her what she though. She didn't say much...I found the books to be profound, everything I knew put in a prespective. When she finished, I asked her what she thought, did she feel that he was correct, or not. She told me of an event that happened in 1953 I was 3. We were in the kitchen I was helping make a cake. I stood up an the bench at the table and called her, see looked up and our eyes met, I transmitted EVERYTHING in the books to her. She was so startled and knew we shared a knowledge and destiny, she tried to palm me off on Dad. For the younger crowed people did do trial marriages they stayed together in those days, for the most part. Dad had nothing to do with his kids so that did not work. I remember the standing on the bench and calling her, I remember something happened but did not know what. I also thought it odd the the end of time was on my mind at a very young age. I remember talking about it at 7.

Things are not going to go well for humans. We can try, and we should, as the more we do the better off the suvivers will be. I am looking at at least 70% gone.

Well since the universe is sending Mom and I many challenges, I have not $$$ to donate. Hell I don't know if I can get out at this point. I would suggest the books however.

By the way Georgia offers more then just cows, although there is a lot of open space as in Co. There are some big cities, it is a lot safer then FL. Savanna is a great city to visit, Atlanta is huge (I'd like to visit there again). I find it interesting that people are still moving here, good for us maybe as we May actually be able to sell the house. I used to work emergency communications, have a radio licence. The Gov. let us know what would happen here IF we got hit, I quit that day, as they would also arrest the Volunteers if we decided to get out ant not be assigned to a shelter.

Anyway since a lot of my reserve, and all of Moms was stolen in multiple breakins the last 2 weeks all I can provide is some shamanic help.

esoterica I hope you are at 1000 feet, have some land. I know you want to check out before then, but there is some consideration for staying. You seem to be very aware of things that are going down. Those that are listening to the News or even Al (I commend him on his presentation) who didn't tell the whole story as frightening as it was. Global warming is just one of the worries. Essoterica there is a lot in The Sanctus Germanus Prophecies it puts it all in perspective, I highly recommend reading them. I personally feel, even though I don't know you, that you should stick around, not fun perhaps but interesting. The books go into those that want to check out before hand.

In Light,
Krell

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jul 21 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #10

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Thanks for sharing. I have read a little bit about how some native americans think new worlds begin and end. Its pretty interesting. Personally my favorite dooms day legend is Ragnarok. I think in some ways its also plausible too. Mainly the points about 3 major battles (perhaps WW1, 2 and possibly 3?) then followed by the seas rising flooding many of the lands and three years with no winters. In reality global warming may actually trigger a new ice age, perhaps one of the worst where we have a "snowball" Earth. That and perhaps also a volcanic erruption since the legend talks about not seeing stars or the sun. And of course the God's do battle with Loki's evil minions.

However personally I am a bit more optimistic. I think that while mankind will be seeing some hard times I don't think it is the end of the world. Perhaps civilization as we know it. But without detonating every nuclear bomb in existance I don't think humanity is capable of killing off all life on the Earth. Even then, life in the deep sea would probably still survive and after a few million years, life around the world would recover. To me the Earth is this huge God we have little understanding of and that we could never kill, even if we tried - short of somehow actually destroying the planet of course.

I think living in Florida must be pretty tough too. Didn't a hurricane just pass by not long ago? Like maybe the first of the season? Either way I know that as sea levels not only rise, but warm up, hurricanes will be stronger - warmer weather means fiercer tornados too, for that matter.

Anyhow I guess the link to my Dad's video only goes to photobucket's home page. So if you want to see a really big tornado try this link:
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/Aci...nt=Tornado1.flv

Here's a couple more from youtube too:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rOfB0eQVFu0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_g7n2memc

I like both of these because they really show just how big and crazy the hail was. The last also show's images of the devastation after the storm passed. Now I'm not asking people to bend over backwards to donate money. In retrospect the tornado that hit was no Katrina or 2004 tsunami. Had the storm hit Denver, well that might be a different story. And while the storm was the worst in Colorado history, it mainly only affects people who I am close to, seeing as how it hit so close to home. In reality, had the tornado hit just an hour after it did I might have near by enough to actually see, or be in it. At the very least I just hope people send their best wishes and prayers to those who were victims of the event.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Krell
post Jul 21 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

If you read the NA lit and that is just about any of them pertaining to this time I don't think they actually talk about the end, it continues for 7 worlds. The Hindus also have similar. Most NA reference the end of time. Most of that comes from the Maya which is not the real name the real name translates to them as the lords of time.

Now it is assumed that the end of time would be the end of the world. It is not according to the Maya, although they claim that if they dod not do their job correctly and we did not go towards evolving they were unsure of the out come. It is also said they would come back at this time. I am hoping for better and fearing the worst. If we make it it will be a huge step in our evolution the thought is that we may not have physical form but bodies of light something like the Vorlons of Babylon 5. It is also Inca legend.

That would fit the rapture, and the end of time, as time really only exists to us in our present form.

As I said I came out of the womb thinking of this stuff and a lot of research. I try to make our thinking and what is happening fit the prophecies, The rapture was difficult but now the thought by some and the legends seem to fit. The different traditions take a different view point. For instance the Koran talks about Governments, business, and general ethics of the end time. They all fit today. The Bible talks about the religions which I can not make a lot of sense out of, but I understand that they fail their mission and become totally corrupt.

If you are interested in the Seneca the book Other Council Fires by grandmother Twylah Nitsch and Jamie Sams it is a small book and inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Other-Council-Fires-...16700795&sr=1-1

This version is more a history of the worlds and how and why they ended. You won't find much of what I mentioned above. It is an interesting book. As you read the 4th world you may say hmmm this is happening now... that is because this is the 4th. It talks about 5 - 7, the Hindus also have 7, some of the esoteric lodges have 7 also (they probably got it from the Hindus).

People live with the attitude it can't happen here. I have been through many hurricanes they don't get easier, especially as you get older. THe one last year that was a rain storm turned into a cat 5 in a few hours... How do you prepare for that... It also never happened before. Cat 5 hits Pinellas county there won't be much over 6 inches standing. We were told don't expect help for months. the county would be turned into 2 islands, no water and no electricity as we get ti all from elsewhere.

There are NA legends of winds up to what by the description would be 600 - 800 MPH that is too much for me to even contemplate.

No the planet will get rid of us before it will dye. I consider it an entity also. I think anything we do may get rid of us but fall short of killing the planet. The Planet and the universe really doesn't NEED us. I feel the Ascended Masters feel more for us but even they will do us in and the whole planet if the experiment is a failure. I don't think it will be as long as there are a few working ourselves. They can't do it alone they need us for them to do there work, so we are a team. Although they have the powers of what we would term god like, they still need us for much of the work. And to top it off we must volunteer as some point. They don't of can't draft people. They can influence but I think we still would have given permission even if we don't realize it in our present incarnation. No I don't think this is the end of the planet or humans. It probably won't be fun though.

You wold probably like The Sanctus Germanus Prophecies http://www.sanctusgermanusbooks.com also. It is not a fun read, it is easy and laid out in a way that seems to put it all together. Including WWIII and the economy, AND it was written before the manure hit the air handler. It is into Ascended Masters, looks to be christian but really is not. Since reading these 2 books, making decisions that the books helped me sort out, moving and where to move, the universe has pushed me that way. Every time I think ohh this is ridiculous I'm not moving there, something comes up either with me or Mom that says differently. I made an agreement with the universe and although I have choice, the universe makes sure I am directed to my initial goal. Too the extent that my even friends (who think I am crazy, and they are correct by non esoteric standards) see that Mom and I are directed to go. It is like living in the Twilight Zone.

I would love to see the pics etc, however there is so much security on my machine that it will not allow Flash. It used to allow youtube but they must have changed something. It just started today blocking some of Juno, the put a tracking thing on the email site, the black box is blocking. If you feel industrious I have my juno account listed.

I think I went off also.

Krell

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse