Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 New Theory On Activating Great Power, Harnessing or Re-directing Fear (tell me if this has been done before)
Barnard
post Feb 9 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I know I tend to come up with theories here and there about great magical power, and I think I'm onto something with them, though I still don't have all the details.

Here's the news:

When I first signed up here, I was talking about a one time occurrance of using magic to escape muggers as a child, by involunterily harnessing the tremendous energy of mortal fear. Every time since then that I was exposed to anything that would cause me fear, I would try to harness the energy again for confirmation.

Unfortunately, doing so seemed to drain the effect. In simple terms, attempting that removed my sensation of fear.

But here's something I should have noticed.

The times that I was in danger the most was when I used to be working at a gas station.

People at the least expected times would try to rob me. And this store was a 1-man shift. - Only one employee in the store at a time. Small place.

These seemed like the perfect times to harness that energy. But instead of me being scared, it was the gunmen themselves that fled in terror.

I couldn't make sense of it until recently. Each time that someone had tried to rob me, I redirected the fear they attempted to instill in me right back at them.

Are there are records of this kind of thing happening in magical society

Also, on another note, a wiccan friend wants to know the incantation to become a werewolf. She says it has something to do with scratching one's back, partnership and chanting. She doesn't recall the words. Any responses or insight would be much appreciated.

This post has been edited by Barnard: Feb 9 2010, 12:29 AM

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Feb 9 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Barnard @ Feb 9 2010, 01:28 AM) *

I know I tend to come up with theories here and there about great magical power, and I think I'm onto something with them, though I still don't have all the details.

Here's the news:

When I first signed up here, I was talking about a one time occurrance of using magic to escape muggers as a child, by involunterily harnessing the tremendous energy of mortal fear. Every time since then that I was exposed to anything that would cause me fear, I would try to harness the energy again for confirmation.

Unfortunately, doing so seemed to drain the effect. In simple terms, attempting that removed my sensation of fear.

But here's something I should have noticed.

The times that I was in danger the most was when I used to be working at a gas station.

People at the least expected times would try to rob me. And this store was a 1-man shift. - Only one employee in the store at a time. Small place.

These seemed like the perfect times to harness that energy. But instead of me being scared, it was the gunmen themselves that fled in terror.

I couldn't make sense of it until recently. Each time that someone had tried to rob me, I redirected the fear they attempted to instill in me right back at them.

Are there are records of this kind of thing happening in magical society

Also, on another note, a wiccan friend wants to know the incantation to become a werewolf. She says it has something to do with scratching one's back, partnership and chanting. She doesn't recall the words. Any responses or insight would be much appreciated.

Are you serious? You seriously believe you can ask a forum about turning into a werewolf and get results?

You're full of win.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

bym
post Feb 9 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

LOL!
Dancing Coyote is partially correct! Yes, there are a number of ways to achieving lycathropy but in literal translation of theword may be more difficult!
I once read of a number of 'formulae' for turning into a wolf/man creature. But...I don't pander to silly little girls who are obsessed with movie scenes.
Actually the formulae is from ancient Roman times. You may find the formulae in a book called, "The Supernatural", by Summers, published back in the 60's.
That was one of the formula. The second was printed in a particularily mediocre copy of a book called "Witchcraft, Through the Ages"...not the movie. I do not recollect the author. There are a variety of books about Norse Magic that go into shapeshifting. Besides...your little Wiccan friend already knows how she just 'forgot the words...' Pity.

I find that your experiments in fear-casting far more interesting and...important! I had similar results when I made a ring of invisibility. Similar in that I got results but they were not what I quite expected and they worked in a way different than how I wanted them to work! (the invisibility worked but the result/side effect was a horrifying depression. The ring acted by making others 'overlook' you, even if you were standing right next to them! Not by causing a bending of light and achieving true invisibility. The ring was made from lead and had the inscription of lux mutans umbrae inside it...roughly: light changes into shadow) 5 of us on campus tried using it with great success, one time we all held hands and appeared en masse in the student union coffee shop...the effect was startling! *grin* My ring was eventually stolen. The thief was institutionalized for severe shizophrenic depression. I wasn't sorry to see it go and he got what he deserved. period. I'll not make another. ..the effects were very bad. I just didn't think them through properly.
Your experiment should be written down. Panic was once attributed to that interesting god Pan. (hence Pan-ic) What an interesting and useful research! If you'd care to share we'd be interested...if not, please do yourself the justice of keeping good notes! *grin* Good luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Feb 9 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I definitely like the anecdote about deflecting fear. Primers on Chaos Magick discuss using intense emotion by somehow dissociating the pure emotion from the event that it is connected to in memory. I'm not sure if this was thinly inspired by concepts within Dzogchen Buddhism about transforming and deconstructing emotional obsessions and habits. I have found that my most successful "spells" have been those in which I was feeling vulnerable or threatened in some way and did some ritual activity (often involvng a mirror) to deflect the energy back to wherever it came from. So instead of trying to figure out what to do with my feelings, I generally would take the stance that I was being influenced by someone's else's feelings and would send them back.

Also feelings like anger, rage or indignance work a lot better in spell casting than fear, desire, "love." For me at least, they are just stronger and unambiguous. But I really REALLY have to be pushed to the edge before I use my own angry emotionality in spell casting because to take a line from the Harry Potter series, "the consequences may be severe."

As for your Wiccan friend's werewolf spell, is she 13 years old and what is her definition of Wicca? (ex-HPS of a Wiccan coven speaking here). I like to tell young people who ask about spells or the possibility to become mythical creature that they can indeed experience themselves as their creature-of-choice through meditative disciplines and then use the attributes and magical powers of influence that they cultivate in meditation/visualization as need be in daily life--but that they are not going to physically turn into a werewolf, a mermaid, a horror movie Vampire, etc.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Barnard
post Feb 10 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dancing Coyote @ Feb 9 2010, 01:37 AM) *

Are you serious? You seriously believe you can ask a forum about turning into a werewolf and get results?

You're full of win.

No, I'm not serious. That's a question from my friend. My potential lies in harnessing emotional energy. She is actually 45, believe it or not. I have no idea about her realm of wiccan. She only revealed some brief history of the culture recently.

I didn't think achieving something that powerful would be so easy, unless the method is only possible with a select few. That sounds like something that would rely on an otherworldly entity, and I prefer to do things independently. I'm not a fan of getting myself into debts.

The magic of that ring sounds like it inherited additional properties by error. Specifically an emotion amplifier (possibly similar to being drunk on a mental scale). If people were to ignore or "overlook" you, its only natural to have a slight feeling of lacking importance in life, though you may not even be concerned. But if that emotion was amplied on a large scale, well, you saw the results.

Personally, I never take into account anything I see in the movies about magic and the supernatural. I follow a way of logic. This doesn't mean I have to know how everything works to believe in or consider it. For example, I think that if a spell were to work by using rhymes, you're relying on some kind of "trigger" or magical program. It is not something that the mage is personally controlling.

This post has been edited by Barnard: Feb 10 2010, 03:19 PM

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

+Quote Post

bym
post Feb 10 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #6

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Well now...
If you actually read what I said then you would see that the error was in the actual formula and not because of an unintended psychological problem being 'amplified'. The reason that it caused the depression was built into the formula. It worked quite effectively with my group of friends who tried it both singly and again, collectively. The thief got what he deserved. I was merely using it as an example in conjunction with your own story that told of getting results similar but not identical to the effort/experiment intended use. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. It would appear that your 'method' is giving you all the answers that you require. Good for you!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Barnard
post Feb 11 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Feb 10 2010, 05:48 PM) *

Well now...
If you actually read what I said then you would see that the error was in the actual formula and not because of an unintended psychological problem being 'amplified'. The reason that it caused the depression was built into the formula. It worked quite effectively with my group of friends who tried it both singly and again, collectively. The thief got what he deserved. I was merely using it as an example in conjunction with your own story that told of getting results similar but not identical to the effort/experiment intended use. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. It would appear that your 'method' is giving you all the answers that you require. Good for you!

My mistake. A mere misinterpretation. No new knowledge is a waste of time. Invisibility holds little to no applicable use to me, but its still interesting to hear about. Thanks for your input.

This post has been edited by Barnard: Feb 11 2010, 10:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Feb 12 2010, 05:14 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Feb 11 2010, 08:48 AM) *

Well now...
If you actually read what I said then you would see that the error was in the actual formula and not because of an unintended psychological problem being 'amplified'. The reason that it caused the depression was built into the formula.

Bym,
From memory lead has correspondences with Saturn/Binah as well. "Light into shadow" is also extremely Saturnine as a concept/theme. It's likely, I'm guessing, that that was the real source of the problem; the ring's substance was Saturnine, and the enchantment's specific mechanics were too. It thus sounds like you got a fairly heavy invocation of Saturn/Binah as a side effect of the spell.

I would not necessarily abandon attempting invisibility as a concept, but rather, would probably simply attempt to modify the mechanics by which the end result was achieved. As an example, if you were to get a ring out of brass, (Jupiter) and used a word formulae which expressed a desire for good fortune in threatening situations, perhaps; that would not be true invisibility either, but it would protect you, and would likely have highly beneficial side effects as well, being a Jupiterian invocation.

As yet another possibility, you could make such a device correspond with Tiphareth or the Sun, which would thus work on an astral basis, according to the exact same principle that the Rose Cross ritual uses. There are, hence, ways of achieving similar effects, without the negative side effects.

Barnard, I would also strongly caution you on prolonged working with fear-related energies. They are not likely to have positive effects on your health.

This post has been edited by Petrus: Feb 12 2010, 05:15 AM

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

bym
post Feb 12 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #9

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Petrus,
Yes, I was dealing with strong Saturnian energies at that time...*sigh* and I will take your recomendations to heart...Thank You! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/i_triangle.gif)
But, again, I have/had no wish to hijack Barnards posting with my own experiment. I was merely, anecdotally, trying to elucidate what can happen during our experiments in the way of side effects or totally new results! I'm still interested in Barnards experiment despite the misdirection of intent with my anecdote. Thanks Petrus! You've given me food for thought! Perhaps you'd like to collab with me on a new device? PM me if you're interested. Now, let's try to reestablish topic here! *grin* and let Barnard have his say!

PS: Please accept my apologies towards your Wiccan friend Barnard. It was not a friendly but an irritated response on my part! We've had discussions both here and on other 'Forums' regarding Theriomorphs and various formulae that help to promote transition towards 'norms' achieving shapeshifting. One time-honored traditional way was to 'Send forth the Fetch'. Basically it involves transferring conciousness into a prepared astral shell fashioned to resemble an animal form. (that's an extremely abbreviated scenario and should only be attempted by experienced travellers...) The problem that occurs is that form following function and vice versa...if you maintain this form you eventually lose your human identity...whether it is merely psychological or physical...or both! My original suggestions as to source material was not partaking of this method! One of our own members has established her own Forum and website that has in it a group of lycans/theriomorphs. I don't know if she still maintains the Forum. You may PM me for the link(s). In a feeble defense of my behavior regarding your friend Barnard, I have to deal with a rising tide of 'vampires' and 'werewolves' wannabes generated from Hollywoods Twilight movies. *disgust* It was an over-reaction on my part!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Feb 12 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Feb 9 2010, 02:06 AM) *
You may find the formulae in a book called, "The Supernatural", by Summers, published back in the 60's.

"The Supernatural Omnibus", or just "The Supernatural"?

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

bym
post Feb 12 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #11

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Just "The Supernatural", the Supernatural Omnibus is an anthology of ghost/occult-themed horror stories...a good read , btw! *grin*

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Feb 13 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Feb 12 2010, 07:00 AM) *

Petrus,
Yes, I was dealing with strong Saturnian energies at that time...*sigh* and I will take your recomendations to heart...Thank You! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/i_triangle.gif)
But, again, I have/had no wish to hijack Barnards posting with my own experiment. I was merely, anecdotally, trying to elucidate what can happen during our experiments in the way of side effects or totally new results! I'm still interested in Barnards experiment despite the misdirection of intent with my anecdote. Thanks Petrus! You've given me food for thought! Perhaps you'd like to collab with me on a new device? PM me if you're interested. Now, let's try to reestablish topic here! *grin* and let Barnard have his say!

PS: Please accept my apologies towards your Wiccan friend Barnard. It was not a friendly but an irritated response on my part! We've had discussions both here and on other 'Forums' regarding Theriomorphs and various formulae that help to promote transition towards 'norms' achieving shapeshifting. One time-honored traditional way was to 'Send forth the Fetch'. Basically it involves transferring conciousness into a prepared astral shell fashioned to resemble an animal form. (that's an extremely abbreviated scenario and should only be attempted by experienced travellers...) The problem that occurs is that form following function and vice versa...if you maintain this form you eventually lose your human identity...whether it is merely psychological or physical...or both! My original suggestions as to source material was not partaking of this method! One of our own members has established her own Forum and website that has in it a group of lycans/theriomorphs. I don't know if she still maintains the Forum. You may PM me for the link(s). In a feeble defense of my behavior regarding your friend Barnard, I have to deal with a rising tide of 'vampires' and 'werewolves' wannabes generated from Hollywoods Twilight movies. *disgust* It was an over-reaction on my part!

Woah there cowboy, I want in on this project.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Alastan
post May 25 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #13

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I've recently got sucked into the world of the occult and its ilk, and read up on a lot of stuff, trying to figure something that will work.

Now, when I saw here bym made an Invisibility Ring, even a flawed one, I perked up. So this is my first post on the forum after reading many posts.

Bym, what was the process you used to make such a thing? What method, if you'll enlighten me. I'm not a big fan of elaborate ceremonies, but a PRACTICAL and useful invisibility ring(would have to work out the kinks of course) is something I'd like to know about.

Anyway I could get more information on that? I'd pm you... but the board won't let me(curses!).

Thanks in advance for helping a novice.

+Quote Post

Kath
post May 31 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

I agree with your analysis of the situation Barnard. And I think the subject is worth studying a great deal further. blending your ideas and method with other emotional energy resonances, and combining techniques with other related practices like psychic vampirism. that's all part of a sort of combined field of magic I study which I call 'inter-personal-effects' magic. and personally I think it is very potent, and has amazing real world concrete application potential (unlike much magick).

as for the wican incantation for lycantrhopy... umm, I'll just say that I don't think there is any such incantation, not an 'effective' one anyway.
(see, wasn't i nice about that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif) )

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jun 16 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #15

Zelator
Group Icon

Seconded, Alastan. Bym! Enlighten us about your invisibility ring!

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Jun 16 2010, 02:17 AM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Jun 17 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

This whole talk of an invisibility ring has got me wondering about how to make a ring which deflects negative feelings back at the source while allowing positive feelings through, much like Barnard seems to be doing naturally. This could be fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for the whole werewolf thing - Barnard, if your friend is serious then she shoud look into shamanism and the various methods of shapeshifting used there.

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

Barnard
post Feb 24 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well, the thing with Julie (the woman who told me about the werewolf thing) is she seems to be a loony. Recently, she's been cussing at the air talking about hunting down and slaughtering the entire Bloods and Crypts gangs. Not a bad thing to happen, but considering she's on her own on it and the person she was talking to doesn't exist, the odds that her werewolf information is legit is highly unlikely. Also consider that she claimed to be a marshal, judge and the only female Navy Seal at a young age, plus around the same time frame is also unlikely. You all can specualate on werewolves if you like, but I think I'm going to let that concept go.

SororZSD23, I just reread your post on the mirror. An excellent idea. I was thinking of doing a meditation in front of the mirror, but in the dark to instill a little intimidation, then attempting to direct it into the mirror. I don't expect the physical object of the mirror to be of any importance, just the psychological effect of seeing my double reflecting the energy back at me. Perhaps that could be an infinite method of energy buildup.

This post has been edited by Barnard: Feb 24 2011, 02:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse