Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 A Question On Sex Magic
Laguz
post May 10 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

My partner and I have been curious about sex magic and although I have found some interesting information on the subject, I was wondering if any one could give insight into the more ritual aspects of it? and maybe a bit more on the subject itself, I'll admit to being ignorant on the magic portion of the deed. I know it can be filtered into forms of creation magic and general connectedness but I guess I still don't quite get the whole spectrum of it. If anyone can speak from experience (with more on the experience as a whole or ritual nature rather than details) it would help a lot,
Thank you =]

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post May 11 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Laguz @ May 10 2011, 10:32 PM) *

My partner and I have been curious about sex magic and although I have found some interesting information on the subject, I was wondering if any one could give insight into the more ritual aspects of it? and maybe a bit more on the subject itself, I'll admit to being ignorant on the magic portion of the deed. I know it can be filtered into forms of creation magic and general connectedness but I guess I still don't quite get the whole spectrum of it. If anyone can speak from experience (with more on the experience as a whole or ritual nature rather than details) it would help a lot,
Thank you =]

Humm, well sex magick can get very complicated very quick if you work with tantra or Crowly's system. When you boil it down to its basics sex magick with a partner is only slightly different from charging a sigil using masturbation. Gather sexual energy, build it up as high as you can and release it while both praters are thinking about or in some way directing it towards a goal. Most people and books on the subject will have you start with sigils and talismans but so long as you work out what the two of you are directing the energy towards there should not be a problem. I recommend a shared visualization with a very simple meaning. The more complicated you make the meaning/visualization, the harder it is to keep both of the meanings the same.

You can pile on as much symbolism and ritual elements as you like after the basics are taken care of. Very thing from candles and incense to proper planetary day and hours, even positions are possible elements you could tweak.

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: May 11 2011, 12:09 AM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 11 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Yup, do it in a circle in front of an altar if you want to get particularly ritualistic about it - for for that matter make yourself an altar to do the deed on.

You can open one of these rituals much like others. You and your partner can mark yourselves in some way as some combination of relevant gods/goddesses, etc., invoke the godforms, carry out the opening portions, then consummate as embodiments of divinity. The congress becomes the same part of the ritual that would otherwise be some kind of energy raising, consecration of a talisman, etc.

You and your partner might mark one another in turn - each divine being creates the other - and then consummate - after creating one another they create the world.

Part of this kind of partner ritual though requires a great deal of emotional discipline, of sorts. You do not want simple carnal desire to take you over in this act. You need to let go and allow the energy to move freely through you, but also maintain a sense of divine congress and not two kids screwing. You both need to be focused on the sense that in this act you are creating something, not satisfying an urge. It's also best if you climax at the same time, so you want to practice that if you haven't already.

Good luck!

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Laguz
post May 11 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you both for the information, I think the idea of marking eachother seems like it would work for the two of us rather well, and I think maybe going through the compass points and using a circle might put the magic more on mind then just screwing haha so I will definitely find an appropriate circle raising to get us into the right mind frame for balancing both. i hadn't thought of planetary alignments (I'll be honest aside from using the full moon every once in a while, I've never used 'em a day in my life) but candles and other more simple ritual aspects sound good. Thank you both very much for your help!

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Jun 26 2011, 07:05 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

In ceremonial magick, there is a lot more ritual rigamarole, including circle casting and invocation of deities. One or both of the partners (which may be more than 2 people) may assume the form of a deity. The techincal term is hieros gamos (sacred marriage). The sex energy must be built up to an extreme or exhaustive pitch-, male retention of semen is sometimes part of the equation and, conversely, the sexual fluids (semen and female orgasmic secretions) referred to as The Elixir are often meant to be mixed and consumed by the partners after final climax and also used to "anoint" ritual objects or talisman. Crowley wrote many of his tracts in the aftermath of this kind of sex play. The Vision and the Voice, which was considered to be a scrying endeavor, was written while Crowley was wandering through desert with his male lover and "channeling" Babalon and rehashing stuff by John Dee while being the "bottom."

Sex magick is much more basic and practical in Chaos Magick (ChM). The bottom line is that you want to create an energy vortex to launch a magical intention. You would create a sigil of the intention and create an atmosphere to support the sigil and mood (the appropriate incense, sound effects, etc. The senses need to be aligned with the intent, theoretically speaking, although I myself do not need this level of rigamarole.) Basic, fluffy, quick sex magick in ChM --which reportedly works better for male than female practitioners from the feedback I come across-- is to create a sigil and then masturbate while strongly focusing on it. It is simply a quick, expedient way to quickly raise energy and get into a altered stated of consciousness. With a partner, both partners are focusing on the sigil during sex or 1 person may generate the energy and the other channel toward the intention/sigil. I worked with a male friend for a while in which we did not have sexual relations exactly, but he would work himself into a an intense sexual condition while focussing on me, I would go into an altered state from being sensitized to the energy output (but it was generally not a sexual experience for me) and would direct the energy to a sigil. And we did achieve some interesting effects that way.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jun 26 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Laguz @ May 10 2011, 08:32 PM) *

Thank you =]

It all depends on what you want, if you want to seriously explore what ritual does out of bizarre interest in the profane then I would suggest you pick up crowley and read what he says taking it at face value.

If you're looking for more intense orgasms and getting into altered states of consciousness via sex then I would suggest picking up Robert Anton Wilson's "Sex drugs and magick" a book I'm currently reading.

Wilson points out that like alchemy, sex magick is muddled in symbolism to avoid any laymen from learning the true nature of the act(s) themselves. For the most part this symbolism aims at making a more pleasurable expierence for the both of you via mind altering substances or refraining from orgasm.

As Sor. pointed out, chaos magick would be a good start (perhaps) but I'm unsure as to the validity of this statement (even as a fervent chaos magickian) because Robert A. Wilson was known to spend a great deal of time with Peter J Carroll (arguibly the creator of Chaos Magick itself), these two brilliant minds greatly influenced eachother and this influence is shown in their writings and what I have found in Wilson's text suggests that (like all those secretive magicks of old) Chaos too is muddled in a shroud of mystery. Not only would you be unable to find a Chaos Magick ritual, you would have to create one from scratch (as you do with most Chaos Magick rituals).

I am personally primarily a Sex Magickian, a polyamorous-sex-magickian who does not practice sympathetic methodology, I practice what Carroll might call "high magick" in the bedroom while I do sigil work in my personal time. My girlfriend(s) can attest to my potency, prowess, or what have you.

My advice to you would be this: get two books, first get "the guide to getting it on (latest edition)" read it (yes the whole thing or the whole of what applies to your sexual preference) and understand how and where you can optimally please your partner, look at all the bizarre fetishes people have and try and accept your personal oddities. Next pick up "Sex, Drugs, and Magick" (try and get the 2000 printing) by Robert Anton Wilson and he will reveal what Sex Magick actually is and lead you on to other authors if you so wish to continue learning at that point.

This is the shortcut method, and will give you exactly what you're looking for. I have read quite a few books on sex, and quite a few on sex magick and the books on sex are equally if not more important in this field of knowledge. Plus this training (if you will) will inevitably make you a very good lover. The guide to getting it on is the best book on sex I've read, and I've read quite a few.

Remember, all magick is-is a sympathetic link between reality and super-reality, to a huge degree reality is needed to be altered in order to make that link happen. So in order to practice Sex Magick, you first need to be the best sex creature you possibly can be.

This post has been edited by Dancing Coyote: Jun 26 2011, 03:36 PM

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jul 8 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

...And the silence fills the room. You guys get shy when I offer sound advice or what? Tell me what you think!

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse