Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Thoth Atu 0 The Fool -- Finally (his Attraction Is Obvious), Edunpanna (Resident Jester) asked me to continue some posts on the Tho
Mezu
post Aug 27 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

There's something chaotic and mystical about the Thoth tarot. It's endless fascination with users made it the second most popular tarot deck of all time, that's with tens of millions of decks sold, 1.7 million of them in the last four years (Bookscan data). So, why is Crowley and Thoth so fascinating?

For those with decks, it's obvious. For those who aren't so blessed and cursed (simultaneously, I might add), well -- that's too bad. What's stopping you? Money? Bah, skip a few beers at the local pub, and The Fool and all his companions are all yours!

The Fool is arguably the most fascinating in the deck. After all, the major arcanum is really the Fools journey. And the fool is each an every one of us. So, there.

One of the fascinations of this deck is that every time you look at the cards -- I swear, every time! -- you'll see new images, new symbols, new layers and if you study hard enough (or take drugs) you'll see movement, life... oh I'll spare you.

The Fool is spring! Yes, spring. Huh. Okay, that's why Crowley asked Lady Harris to paint him green, don't you know?

I've had my Thoth deck since 1973. Trust me, he's green (so's the whole deck if you really look!)

Edunpanna asked me to mention the back and forth between our favorite guy Crowley, and that magnificent lady Harris. So, here goes. From Harris (Lady) to Crowley "I will struggle with the Fool. He does writhe about. I can't see him.... That innocent gaiety asks for the brush of a saint and my lines come out like treacle. I wish I could paint in crystals.

Okay, I"m going to keep this short. One important thing to know about the Fool is that he's every card and every card is him. Ultimately, he culminates and manifests in UNIVERSE. There are not twenty-two trumps. There is only the Fool. I'm not the first to say it, but after 35 years with my Thoth cards, I know it for an absolute. He's me, he's you, he's Crowley and he's the Universe.

He's the Elemental trump of AIR.

So back to Crowley and Harris. Did you know the first design showed a bearded ancient man seen in profile, laughing, holding up a sphere containing Illusion with a lion and a dragon at his feet?

Hebrew letter is Aleph. Tree of Life Path 11.

Harris's Fool is perhaps the most sacred of all the cards and this is why you see the Fool often representing the deck. Every sacred image Harris and Crowley could think of is in that card. Try meditating on this card. There are the three veils of negativity, Ain, Ain Soph and Ain Soph Aur, and the satchel he carries contains the wentire Universe. Notice the SUN covers the Fool's Groin. That should tell you all you need to know about this magnficent card.

Best,

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse