Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 No Control?, How do you know you got it?
fatherjhon
post Sep 18 2006, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

It has been pointed out to me that my energy control/power is rather lacking. I have personally never had an issue with it, but it is going to pester me until I can devise a way to test that hypothesis. So that being said, I'm left with a problem, how do I know I'm <insert possible explanation here>?” Some things that where suggested to me include such diverse causes as binding, chakra problems, and general un-focus. If I do have a problem I would think, it would be in the later two. Because I have never been the most balanced person.

So to make things perfectly clear how do I test whether or not I am indeed lacking power and control? And how do I go about finding the cause?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: Sep 18 2006, 03:40 AM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Sep 18 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #2

Theoricus
Group Icon

I also feel that my energy control is poor, however, others feel my presence on occasions and I definitely achieve results. So although I don't necessarily feel much at the times of my workings, my body tells me after how tired it is, hence, how much energy I have played with.

Energy development is ongoing and variable anyway, so just keep doing your own chakra work or whatever it is you do and it is bound to develop and balance if you are following reliable instructions.

+Quote Post

Tyler Durden
post Sep 19 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Create a purpose statement such as "I am going to do this spell to bring into my sight a Green Lamborgini" or whatever. Then do whatever method you do, and journal the results. You can take a scientific approach to magick...

This post has been edited by Makavelli: Sep 19 2006, 12:14 PM

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 19 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #4

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

You could attempt to generate energy balls with a partner and see how long it takes before you run out energy. Then see how long it takes your partner to run out after doing the same. Then compare the results and try again with different partners to get a good range of numbers to compare yourself to. Another way is take a look at your aura and see if their are any dark spots; dark puke green, dirty yellow, browns or blacks can indicate an energy gap. Now most people tend to have a color or set of colors that deffine their aura. So say your aura is full of earthy colors then browns are normal. However white might not be and a color that contrasts the normal set is what you want to find.

Then there is the mundane solution to gage your energy: Excercise. See how long it takes you to run a mile. The average person takes approx. 7 min. If you know you're out of shape, you don't eat right or drink enough water or get enough sleep (any number of health related issues) then you can pretty much assume your energy is taxed. If you suffer from depression or anxiety if you have any kind of debiliating illness then your energy is lacking.

But if you're not personally having any problems I wouldn't worry too much about it. Why would need more energy if you're healthy the way you are? As the old adage goes: If it aint broke why fix it?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Sep 19 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

See how long it takes you to run a mile. The average person takes approx. 7 min.
Me maybe on a good day 13 min.

“…you don't eat right or drink enough water or get enough sleep, if you suffer from depression or anxiety…”

Well, yes, that is the general list… but I rather knew that I was taxed. Could it be having that much of an effect on my control? I only say that because my aura is fine if faint (has been for some eight years.) I certainly try your energy ball idea, maybe and this is me at my most hopeful, I won’t be that far off from others.

Thanks

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Sep 19 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #6

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ Sep 20 2006, 01:08 AM) *
See how long it takes you to run a mile. The average person takes approx. 7 min.
Me maybe on a good day 13 min.

“…you don't eat right or drink enough water or get enough sleep, if you suffer from depression or anxiety…”

Well, yes, that is the general list… but I rather knew that I was taxed. Could it be having that much of an effect on my control? I only say that because my aura is fine if faint (has been for some eight years.) I certainly try your energy ball idea, maybe and this is me at my most hopeful, I won’t be that far off from others.

Thanks

I think energy ball games of that specific intention are more about how much energy you have, and capacity isn't necessarily the same as control.

Capacity, Focus, Control, all different, and they don't mean exactly the same things as when they are applied to material matters.

The exercise cited before is great for capacity. One could argue that if you have good control, you'll be able to do the exercise, but i was able to make energy balls when I first started, and had poor control myself. The best measure of your control of energy is how well you control your thoughts.

To test focus, simply hold a particular energy for maybe ten minutes - ten minutes and I'd say you've got exception focus.

A good way to test control is to localize a point of energy in one point of the body, then shift it to another point, another, and another, and so on. When the shift is basically instant (vs. taking a moment to 'warm up' in a different spot) you have exceptional control.

All of those are good things to understand about your capabilities with energy.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Sep 20 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #7

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Sep 19 2006, 08:24 PM) *
I think energy ball games of that specific intention are more about how much energy you have, and capacity isn't necessarily the same as control.

Capacity, Focus, Control, all different, and they don't mean exactly the same things as when they are applied to material matters.

The exercise cited before is great for capacity. One could argue that if you have good control, you'll be able to do the exercise, but i was able to make energy balls when I first started, and had poor control myself. The best measure of your control of energy is how well you control your thoughts.

To test focus, simply hold a particular energy for maybe ten minutes - ten minutes and I'd say you've got exception focus.

A good way to test control is to localize a point of energy in one point of the body, then shift it to another point, another, and another, and so on. When the shift is basically instant (vs. taking a moment to 'warm up' in a different spot) you have exceptional control.

All of those are good things to understand about your capabilities with energy.

peace

Well I have found the problem, NO focus. I lasted two minunts. Had a friend time this. By your units, I think that my control is good. But one question, is the point of energy supposed to roll to the next spot or is it supposed to be "poping up", disipering then "poping up" once more?

--------------------

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Sep 20 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #8

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ Sep 20 2006, 02:15 AM) *
Well I have found the problem, NO focus. I lasted two minunts. Had a friend time this. By your units, I think that my control is good. But one question, is the point of energy supposed to roll to the next spot or is it supposed to be "poping up", disipering then "poping up" once more?

To ilustrate the answer, I'd divide the process of moving energy in the body into four stages: Localization, which is just 'lighting up' a particular area, as stage 1; Expansion, which is as it sounds, expanding a localized point to be more inclusive; Trailing, which highlights a 'line' in your body; Sliding, in which the single point slowly changes position; and Shifting, in which the point simply moves instantly from one point to the other. While I think it's possible that some people have an easier time at some of these stages than the others, by my own reckoning this is their order in ascending difficulty.

At optimum control, the point of energy should instantly change from one point to the other, there should be no delay. So it should pop up in one area, say your finger, and then you should pick another area and it should instantly pop up there, not cross the space in between and not 'fade' from the previous area.

Your capacity, focus, and control will all affect this to some degree, but your control is the key factor. The other two will mostly affect intensity, although if you have little focus, you won't be able to maintain the sensation for very long, and if you have little capacity the exercise will become irritating after a while.

All three will carry over when you apply external awareness of energy to the equation, so it's a pretty good guage, as far as my own experience has taught me.

Meditation will help attain better focus, good habits in taking care of the mind, body, and spirit will attain better capacity, and practice on top of the other two will help to attain better control.

My method for guaging total capacity (the exercise about runing a mile will guage only your physical energy) is to spend time inthe morning filling up with energy, which amounts to opening myself up to the beauty and love of the world, and breathing it in, and then observing my thoughts and mood throughout the day. Normally, most people will hit a point during the day (assuming they have a good night's sleep and wake up energized) when their mood dips significantly. It's the point at which you start to run out of energy all together. As a control, this is a day when you have no meaningful exchanges with other people, and eat only healthy foods. The longer it takes, the more capacity for energy you have. To gauge the energy present in each of the dimensions of Mind, Body, and Spirit, you can run for the physical gauge (just as long as you can, personally how fast you can run a mile is more a measure of how effective your physical energy is, and that's a different test), study until your brain hurts for the mental gauge, and devote yourself to loving some object, person, or place, for your spiritual gauge. The longer you can do each of these, the greater your capacity.

Many people get by on one or two of the three, but maximizing them all will make you a better adept in the long run. Many intermediate magicians neglect the Body and Spirit, and focus on the Mind. In my humble opinion, this is what seperates the intermediate from the Adept.

As per usual, journaling your current 'levels' and your progress will solidify your experience and give you evidence of your evolution.

Peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse