Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Evoking Neo, Anyone have any experience?
Petrus
post Nov 25 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Hey guys,
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, because I was an obsessive Matrix fan when the movies came out...but I have to ask, has anyone ever tried evoking Neo? I can actually see him being highly beneficial for a couple of different reasons:-

1) Help with computer use/programming/in the event of hardware failure. (He was a hacker)
2) Help training defensive/guardian servitors, due to his own association with martial arts.
3) Probably fairly awesome protection, again due to the association with martial arts.
4) Help with removal of disbelief for beginning magicians or anyone who has such problems, since in the movie he has to go through the process of getting rid of disbelief in his abilities himself. He could probably help with belief in yourself in general.
5) Assistance with emotional control/detachment/surrender, since the movie shows him developing that.
6) Help with "Dweller on the Threshold," type working, since he had a similar scenario with Agent Smith.
7) Possible help with developing telekinetic ability, since to a degree he is also shown using that.
8) Help with fashion sense? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000008.gif)

Another question I've got...what power level do people think we'd be talking? I asked a friend about this...and despite the huge number of fans the films had, said friend didn't think Neo would qualify as a godform...if only because insufficient time has gone past since the release of the films.

I came up with a fairly simple sigil, but haven't tried it yet, primarily because I wanted to make sure that I got the pre-existing entity, rather than simply making a servitor. Can anyone give me any advice on ensuring that I do get whatever pre-existing entity may exist in this case, rather than a servitor by mistake?

Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gleam.gif)

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

paxx
post Nov 28 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Resident Fool
Group Icon

I have not tried evoking neo. However, I agree with most of the concepts, I think you partially missed the mark in a few. However to each their own.

I think you are adding too much to him in some ways, there is a pantheon in the Matrix. Neo is to some degrees “the fool” in Tarot. In essence Neo is never just one thing, but always transforming/transcending aspects of himself.

In essence I am saying Neo is not a stable entity, with that 4,5 and 6 are the best points. The others I believe need to be reexamined.

--------------------
--Paxx

+Quote Post

sycho
post Nov 29 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

I haven’t tried neo. But I do use Cortona from halo for programing and computer issues. I use a nice resin statue of her from halo 2 that I engraved a sigil onto the bottom. Plus its real easy to summon her as a voice in my head since it is her nature.

Though if you want to use a pop icon as a god form. Find out everything you can about the character. birth place and sign. Age weight height. A lot of fan sites will have character bios. Also watch read and play anything relating to the character. So you can build up a image and relate to them emotionally Next you need to decide what area or field from their abilities they will rule over in your pantheon. I find it more effective to assign one or two areas. instead of multiple.

Finally the deference between servitors and god forms. Is that you consciously create a servitor and program it. A god form even pop icon one is pre existent and can there for be contacted. through invocation or evocation. I normally start with meditation and visualize their world. And go to the habitat. (i.e. the bridge for cortona, seventh heaven bar for Tifa lockheart, or the two chairs for neo.) Then I summon up my thoughts and feelings for the character. I picture them and call out to then and wait for them to show up. I engage them in conversation matching up what I see and fell with what I know of them I do this for a few weeks to build a connection with them.
Just remember these are not imaginary or fitonal beings. The amount of energy, emotion and thought put into them by their creator and the mass public has made them as real as you or I. So befriending is just like would anyone else. Use kindness and respect.

Theoretically every character or story line is real. When the writer of designer makes them. They channel massive amounts of energy and emotion into their creations. And in my personal opinion when you create a world and characters you are imparting it with your Devine spark. And giving it life creating a micro universe or dimension. That’s just as real as this one. And the more people feed thoughts and emotions to it. The stronger the connection becomes between this world and it becomes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/book.gif)

--------------------
ALL THINGS BOUND BY THE LAWS OF NATURE--EVEN THE GODS

+Quote Post

Pandora
post Nov 29 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Petrus @ Nov 25 2007, 03:29 AM) *
1) Help with computer use/programming/in the event of hardware failure. (He was a hacker)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol_2.gif) I think you should watch the movies again. Neo is a total script kiddie; he even refuses to engage in tech talk in the second one.

8) Help with fashion sense? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000008.gif)
Yep. To evoke Neo first you need a black trench coat down to your knee high boots, and a pair of bug-eyed sunglasses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Neo was supposed to be the best hacker in the world... I've often wished to make a spinoff of the Matrix where he really was the best hacker in the world. Ah, idle dreams.

This post has been edited by Pandora: Nov 29 2007, 02:57 AM

--------------------
looking for my box

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse